We will NEVER fly Liat Airline again
Feb 23, 2015, 12:15 PM
We sat in a LIAT Departure Area for 2 days of a 3 day vacation and never made it to our destination.
My husband & I boarded LIAT 310 out of Trinidad at 5:30am on February 18th for a 3 day vacation to Antigua.
The flight was delayed due to a technical problem w/ the plane and we were taken off the plane.
The problem was fixed, we boarded the plane again and flew to the first stop, St. Vincent.
In St. Vincent, after boarding the St. Vincent passengers the same plane had a technical problem again and we were all taken off the plane.
We ended up spending the entire day in St. Vincent. All efforts to get re-booked on another flight and get information about our options to fly to another destination to get other connecting flights were met with apathy and complete denial of service.
They put us up for the night in a hostile and the next morning took us back to the airport and had us stand in line for the same flight, 310, we were booked on the morning before.
Instead of getting on the first flight out in the morning to Antigua. We were flown to Barbados for a connecting flight at 1:50p to arrive at 3:15p.
At 12 Noon on Thursday February 19th in the LIAT Departure Area in Barbados we were told our flight to Antigua was delayed and we would not arrive to Antigua until the evening. The
LIAT agent indicated that they could get us back to Port of Spain before they could get us to Antigua.
We had multiple times ( 8 ) conveyed to LIAT ticket agents - boarding agents - flight attendants & LIAT supervisors that LIAT was jeopardizing our 3 day vacation in an effort for LIAT to show empathy & provide us Priority boarding.
LIAT's response to try & place us on flights to Antigua did not materialize.
With 2 days out of our 3 day vacation to Antigua spent in LIAT Departure Areas - we cancelled our vacation to cut our losses.
The Liat agent immediately re-booked us on a flight to Port of Spain and told us he would have our checked luggage retagged.
At time of another delayed departure we inquired about our checked bag because we had not received the new tag. We were told it would be brought up from customs. We boarded the plane and asked the flight attendant to confirm our bag had been loaded and give us the tag. The flight attendant said the bag had been loaded, but they hadn't had time to get a tag.
We arrived in POS, and our bag did not. We filed a missing luggage claim w/ the POS Liat agent. We informed the agent the luggage was originally tagged to go to Antigua and she recorded it on the report.
The next morning we called the baggage service and was told they would find the bag, give us a call, and deliver to our hotel.
Saturday morning February 21st, we called Liat baggage service again because we had not heard back and was told they had not located the bag. On a whim we called the customer relations number on an email we had received from an agent regarding our complaint about our failed trip to Antigua. This call was answered by David in Antigua baggage claim.
"David, do you have a red hard case bag there?"
"Yes, what's the name on the bag?"
"Yes, that bag is here. Where is it suppose to be?"
"Port of Spain"
"Ok, here's the new tag number for POS, it will be on flight 309 to POS...."
We retrieved our bag Saturday night Feb 21st from POS airport. Thank you, David.
We have never had such a horrible experience with an airline. We will never fly Liat airline again.
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Complimentary upgrades on Delta with companion
- 2 Getting Global entry interview appointment
- 3 More cheap transatlantic flights coming
- 4 What should I know about flying Southwest?
- 5 IAD connection time of 1 hour 5 minutes for flight to Copenhagen.
- 6 Do you get miles with upgraded Econ. fare
- 7 UA New (?) Economy Class Fare
- 8 Ideas for stop over from MAUI to BOS
- 9 Wedding + Honeymoon (Toronto / Sao Paulo / Male)
- 10 Documents for E-tickets?
- 11 Qantas A380 vs 744 in economy
- 12 Miami Airport-clearing customs question
- 13 Enough time
- 14 Flight Review – Vancouver to Hong Kong – Air Canada – Business Class
- 15 American Airines - Bad plane going; No plane coming back
- 16 Fare searches with flexible dates.
- 17 BA economy premiun seats
- 18 BA not to fly to serve anymore.
- 19 JFK Time Between Terminals?
- 20 British Airways headphones/earbuds
- 21 Book inter-Europe as part of open-jaw?
- 22 Which site to use (or not) to book airfare
- 23 Voice calls during flights?
- 24 Flying through Istanbul onto Montenego-Safety?
- 25 altitude sickness on a plane?
We will NEVER fly Liat Airline again