I am feeling a little bummed out at the moment and wanted to ask if anyone has thoughts on how we can use our 350K carefully saved United miles to find an upgrade to get from the U.S. to Johannesburg.
I have attempted to find Star Alliance help but keep getting stuck, and have never had good luck with that avenue in the past.
I'm not sure how to best research a circuitous itinerary, e.g., U.S. > Europe > Johannesburg
Any advice would be welcome.
[cross-posted to travel tips]
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Flying from Tokyo (NRT or HND) to San Francisco (SFO or SJC). Options?
- 2 Changing Dates on United FF award tix
- 3 Frustrated w/ 1 qt bag limit
- 4 Which airport for connection to/from Europe?
- 5 First time, Best Business class?
- 6 Best ideas to pack in your carry on?
- 7 Eurowings & Cologne Airpot
- 8 Handicap assistance at FCO
- 9 Using half of a round trip ticket...
- 10 Miami>LHR>AMS
- 11 From NYC to MAD and to NYC from LISBON..direct flights
- 12 Comments on BA BOS-LHR flights, equipment
- 13 Asking for a sandwich in lieu of a hot meal
- 14 KLM is unfair to vegetarians!
- 15 Using American Miles
- 16 Changing airlines n 1.5 h in CDG, is it possible?
- 17 Airline sold ticket with short connection
- 18 Student Universe
- 19 Instant Cold Compress and TSA
- 20 Sky Airlines - buying tickets from USA over internet!
- 21 Very Large Quantities of R/X in Carry On
- 22 Immigration Check Query.
- 23 Sandwiches on the plane
- 24 Air Canada Poor Customer Service Attitude
- 25 JFK to London
Need creative ideas for using United miles to upgrade to Africa