I am feeling a little bummed out at the moment and wanted to ask if anyone has thoughts on how we can use our 350K carefully saved United miles to find an upgrade to get from the U.S. to Johannesburg.
I have attempted to find Star Alliance help but keep getting stuck, and have never had good luck with that avenue in the past.
I'm not sure how to best research a circuitous itinerary, e.g., U.S. > Europe > Johannesburg
Any advice would be welcome.
[cross-posted to travel tips]
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Online update The ultimate guidelines !!*AOL*!! Mail service *1800-681-7208
- 2 SFO runway closures ?
- 3 International arrival - easiest airport for connection?
- 4 LAX Terminal Reshuffle
- 5 Is connection time of 1 hour enough for transfer from A24 to Z20
- 6 Air Canada rouge or air transat?
- 7 Short Layover (1 hour) in Seattle/Tacoma?
- 8 Car seat harassment
- 9 Saga Class on Icelandair
- 10 JAL or AA business--LAX to TKO
- 11 Checked Luggage on Separate Tickets
- 12 Carry on
- 13 WestJet to add budget line
- 14 JetBlue Hub in Fort Lauderdale
- 15 gate distance
- 16 When can the pilot turn off the fasten seatbelt sign
- 17 Luggage Newark - Houston - Belize and back
- 18 Luggage tag
- 19 Premium Economy - Air France vs Lufthansa
- 20 Departing FCO
- 21 carryon fee on international flights?
- 22 Incomplete first name on international ticket
- 23 FCO - CDG - SFO connection
- 24 Medication Sleep Aid for 30+ Hours Travel
- 25 Changing terminals in Philadelphia
Need creative ideas for using United miles to upgrade to Africa