I am feeling a little bummed out at the moment and wanted to ask if anyone has thoughts on how we can use our 350K carefully saved United miles to find an upgrade to get from the U.S. to Johannesburg.
I have attempted to find Star Alliance help but keep getting stuck, and have never had good luck with that avenue in the past.
I'm not sure how to best research a circuitous itinerary, e.g., U.S. > Europe > Johannesburg
Any advice would be welcome.
[cross-posted to travel tips]
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Expired License and TSA
- 2 Poster tubes as carry-on
- 3 Purchasing a flight from Barcelona to Lisbon
- 4 ATL, nice cafe outside secure zone
- 5 1hr 10min connection at GDG do-able?
- 6 The life of lost luggage
- 7 My 777 seat doesn't appear on maps
- 8 Getting bumped from Premium Economy on Delta/KLM
- 9 Valentin Fritzmann : Symphony performances in Paris?
- 10 Review of Air France Premium Economy
- 11 Beware of Bravofly
- 12 International Connecting Flights
- 13 Transit at Istanbul Ataturk
- 14 Austrian Air Budapest Vienna Vienna Dubrovnik
- 15 I have never flown Ryanair
- 16 Open Skies, La Compagnie, and XL Airways
- 17 Which terminal at newark?
- 18 Booked on United with codes share to Europe/No seat reservation allowed
- 19 French Riv to Marbella : sky-tours
- 20 New Orleans to Beijing
- 21 USAir/AA - December flight
- 22 Coach on United 767-400
- 23 Help me choose a flight - connection times in Paris
- 24 When to book?
- 25 NYC to Hawaii...best way to go?
Need creative ideas for using United miles to upgrade to Africa