I am feeling a little bummed out at the moment and wanted to ask if anyone has thoughts on how we can use our 350K carefully saved United miles to find an upgrade to get from the U.S. to Johannesburg.
I have attempted to find Star Alliance help but keep getting stuck, and have never had good luck with that avenue in the past.
I'm not sure how to best research a circuitous itinerary, e.g., U.S. > Europe > Johannesburg
Any advice would be welcome.
[cross-posted to travel tips]
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Flight Honolulu to New York
- 2 Voice calls during flights?
- 3 Lufthansa or Condor Air
- 4 meal service on 10:30 pm deaprture?
- 5 Scandinavian SAS Plus
- 6 connection in jfk for only 90 minutes
- 7 Connection Time at Heathrow.
- 8 Traveling to Spain in March
- 9 UA New (?) Economy Class Fare
- 10 Google Flights ?
- 11 Jat Airlines? (AKA Serbia Airlines?)
- 12 Norwegian Air - What's the catch?
- 13 LAX Domestic to Int'l Connx
- 14 Flying through Istanbul onto Montenego-Safety?
- 15 Premium Economy Virgin Atlantic
- 16 Help with Seats on KLM Flight
- 17 FLL Navigating Fort Lauderdale airport
- 18 Logging into my Aadvantage account
- 19 Does a OneWorld Explorer ticket make sense?
- 20 Flying "Backwards"
- 21 Europe (Lisbon) to Miami: Iberia or Lufthansa in terms of cabin comfort?
- 22 Asking for a sandwich in lieu of a hot meal
- 23 Reclining Seats in BA Premium Econ?
- 24 Delta and Virgin
- 25 Cancellation of Thai Airway return trip ticket
Need creative ideas for using United miles to upgrade to Africa