I am feeling a little bummed out at the moment and wanted to ask if anyone has thoughts on how we can use our 350K carefully saved United miles to find an upgrade to get from the U.S. to Johannesburg.
I have attempted to find Star Alliance help but keep getting stuck, and have never had good luck with that avenue in the past.
I'm not sure how to best research a circuitous itinerary, e.g., U.S. > Europe > Johannesburg
Any advice would be welcome.
[cross-posted to travel tips]
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Booking SNAFU with Qatar Airways
- 2 Avoid Alpha Flight Guru or be stranded somewhere and pay the price!
- 3 Arr Stansted; Dep LHR, one night in London: where?
- 4 Anyone tried Turkish Airlines for long flights before?
- 5 How does luggage go to the wrong place?
- 6 small claims court for travel website (orbitz)
- 7 Turkish Airlines - Leg disappeared
- 8 I hour connection Heathrow
- 9 KLM refund process - not good!
- 10 AA seat assignments
- 11 AA Business Class on 777
- 12 Saga Class on Icelandair
- 13 Beach Ball headrest?
- 14 Bravofly Legal Actions
- 15 Tipping Flight Attendants??? Is this the new norm?
- 16 SkyLux - Anyone have Feedback??
- 17 Rome To Sardinia
- 18 Do I have time to recheck bags in Athens and make my flight
- 19 Has anyone heard of Dealber?
- 20 Baggage Checked-through on Non-* Alliance?
- 21 name on ticket and passport
- 22 Best Multi-City Booking Site?
- 23 Changing flights in LAX from international to Domestic
- 24 Aer Lingus DC-Dublin?
- 25 Does a OneWorld Explorer ticket make sense?
Need creative ideas for using United miles to upgrade to Africa