This is my first time traveling to DC with a connecting domestic flight, so I was wondering if you could please help me out. I'm flying out from London with American Airlines to JFK. There I have a 1.5 hour layover and will be flying to DC, also with AA. Will I have to claim my bags at JFK and re-check them onto the DC flight?
Also, where do I go upon arrival at JFK? To transit I suppose? Are international and domestic transfers in the same part of the airport?
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Ideas for stop over from MAUI to BOS
- 2 What should I know about flying Southwest?
- 3 Do you get miles with upgraded Econ. fare
- 4 Wedding + Honeymoon (Toronto / Sao Paulo / Male)
- 5 Documents for E-tickets?
- 6 Qantas A380 vs 744 in economy
- 7 More cheap transatlantic flights coming
- 8 Getting Global entry interview appointment
- 9 IAD connection time of 1 hour 5 minutes for flight to Copenhagen.
- 10 Miami Airport-clearing customs question
- 11 Enough time
- 12 Flight Review – Vancouver to Hong Kong – Air Canada – Business Class
- 13 American Airines - Bad plane going; No plane coming back
- 14 UA New (?) Economy Class Fare
- 15 Fare searches with flexible dates.
- 16 BA economy premiun seats
- 17 BA not to fly to serve anymore.
- 18 JFK Time Between Terminals?
- 19 British Airways headphones/earbuds
- 20 Book inter-Europe as part of open-jaw?
- 21 Which site to use (or not) to book airfare
- 22 Voice calls during flights?
- 23 Flying through Istanbul onto Montenego-Safety?
- 24 altitude sickness on a plane?
- 25 Atlanta Immigration & Customs