This is my first time traveling to DC with a connecting domestic flight, so I was wondering if you could please help me out. I'm flying out from London with American Airlines to JFK. There I have a 1.5 hour layover and will be flying to DC, also with AA. Will I have to claim my bags at JFK and re-check them onto the DC flight?
Also, where do I go upon arrival at JFK? To transit I suppose? Are international and domestic transfers in the same part of the airport?
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 JAL or AA business--LAX to TKO
- 2 Checked Luggage on Separate Tickets
- 3 Short Layover (1 hour) in Seattle/Tacoma?
- 4 International arrival - easiest airport for connection?
- 5 Carry on
- 6 LAX Terminal Reshuffle
- 7 WestJet to add budget line
- 8 JetBlue Hub in Fort Lauderdale
- 9 gate distance
- 10 When can the pilot turn off the fasten seatbelt sign
- 11 Luggage Newark - Houston - Belize and back
- 12 Luggage tag
- 13 Premium Economy - Air France vs Lufthansa
- 14 Departing FCO
- 15 carryon fee on international flights?
- 16 Incomplete first name on international ticket
- 17 FCO - CDG - SFO connection
- 18 Medication Sleep Aid for 30+ Hours Travel
- 19 Changing terminals in Philadelphia
- 20 AirAsia not accepting payment
- 21 enough time for this flight?
- 22 live in Seattle and dreaming of London? Norwegian arrives Sept!
- 23 5 hour layover in Toronto (YYZ). Can I leave airport?
- 24 Passport suffix
- 25 Separate tickets with only carry ons -- do I have to go through customs?