This is my first time traveling to DC with a connecting domestic flight, so I was wondering if you could please help me out. I'm flying out from London with American Airlines to JFK. There I have a 1.5 hour layover and will be flying to DC, also with AA. Will I have to claim my bags at JFK and re-check them onto the DC flight?
Also, where do I go upon arrival at JFK? To transit I suppose? Are international and domestic transfers in the same part of the airport?
Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 "Bait and Switch" and KLM
- 2 Aiports in Paris
- 3 Questions about reclaiming FF miles
- 4 Consolidators for Biz Class Seats
- 5 Transfer between Terminal 4 and Terminal 5 at LHR
- 6 Last minute required change cost us $4,000
- 7 Same ticket, Rome to JFK via Alitalia then Delta, baggage?
- 8 Website to indicate number of seats sold?
- 9 Laguardia hassle?
- 10 Parking at JFK
- 11 Help with Delta terminal in Atlanta
- 12 Sky Airlines - buying tickets from USA over internet!
- 13 Justfly.com
- 14 Can I clear customs and make my connections at YYZ and BOS?
- 15 Flying Tokyo-YYZ in economy- direct or break it up in YVR?
- 16 Flying from Tokyo (NRT or HND) to San Francisco (SFO or SJC). Options?
- 17 Is Bravofly A Scam?
- 18 Getting wedding clothes from here to there
- 19 Transit Visa in Heathrow Terminal 5
- 20 Frankfurt connections Lufthansa to United
- 21 Frustrated w/ 1 qt bag limit
- 22 SEA to Gran Canaria on Separate Tickets
- 23 PHL-CDG airline change with checked bags (less than 2 hrs) HELP!!!
- 24 Arr Stansted; Dep LHR, one night in London: where?
- 25 Changing Dates on United FF award tix