I've had a quick search, but apologies if this has been covered before!
I'm travelling from Melbourne, Australia to Mexico City via LAX in late October.
I've never been to LAX before. Newbie to flying solo!
I have a 7 hr stop over here and would love your advice on whether leaving the airport for a little sightseeing is wise. (a walk to take some photos and grab some lunch along Venice beach or Santa Monica pier, nothing too ambitious!)
My flight from Australia lands at 10:20am
The flight to Mexico departs at 5:46pm. So just over 7hrs.
Both flights are with United Airlines if that helps.
Other threads comment on domestic flights but I'm curious about an international stopover? Whether it is any different getting in and out of the airport.
I've been told if your flights are in two different terminals, I'd have to leave security and pass through again anyway.. and of course immigration!
Thanks a bunch x
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Miami Airport-clearing customs question
- 2 What should I know about flying Southwest?
- 3 Heathrow: Can I make it?
- 4 Atlanta Immigration & Customs
- 5 Renewal of Global Entry
- 6 IAD connection time of 1 hour 5 minutes for flight to Copenhagen.
- 7 More cheap transatlantic flights coming
- 8 Complimentary upgrades on Delta with companion
- 9 Getting Global entry interview appointment
- 10 Do you get miles with upgraded Econ. fare
- 11 UA New (?) Economy Class Fare
- 12 Ideas for stop over from MAUI to BOS
- 13 Wedding + Honeymoon (Toronto / Sao Paulo / Male)
- 14 Documents for E-tickets?
- 15 Qantas A380 vs 744 in economy
- 16 Enough time
- 17 Flight Review – Vancouver to Hong Kong – Air Canada – Business Class
- 18 American Airines - Bad plane going; No plane coming back
- 19 Fare searches with flexible dates.
- 20 BA economy premiun seats
- 21 BA not to fly to serve anymore.
- 22 JFK Time Between Terminals?
- 23 British Airways headphones/earbuds
- 24 Book inter-Europe as part of open-jaw?
- 25 Which site to use (or not) to book airfare