I've had a quick search, but apologies if this has been covered before!
I'm travelling from Melbourne, Australia to Mexico City via LAX in late October.
I've never been to LAX before. Newbie to flying solo!
I have a 7 hr stop over here and would love your advice on whether leaving the airport for a little sightseeing is wise. (a walk to take some photos and grab some lunch along Venice beach or Santa Monica pier, nothing too ambitious!)
My flight from Australia lands at 10:20am
The flight to Mexico departs at 5:46pm. So just over 7hrs.
Both flights are with United Airlines if that helps.
Other threads comment on domestic flights but I'm curious about an international stopover? Whether it is any different getting in and out of the airport.
I've been told if your flights are in two different terminals, I'd have to leave security and pass through again anyway.. and of course immigration!
Thanks a bunch x
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Paris Orly: check-in with Transavia at the airport
- 2 Miami International Airport
- 3 Question on checkin for international
- 4 travelling with ensure
- 5 BA not to fly to serve anymore.
- 6 Connection time
- 7 Flight from Athens to Santorini?
- 8 Connecting in Toronto for return to US
- 9 Award travel and fees
- 10 Arlanda connecting flight Intl to oslo Customs??
- 11 PHL layover
- 12 How to figure out the cost of a trip when purchasing insurance.
- 13 Is there a best day to book an international flight? a best day to fly?
- 14 searching for flights on Kayak
- 15 Medication Sleep Aid for 30+ Hours Travel
- 16 PHL-CDG airline change with checked bags (less than 2 hrs) HELP!!!
- 17 U.K. Registered Traveler vs Fast Track
- 18 Booking with airline vs. Orbitz or Priceline
- 19 Complimentary upgrades on Delta with companion
- 20 Which site to use (or not) to book airfare
- 21 Purchasing third coach seat for two passengers on international flight
- 22 Renewal of Global Entry
- 23 added cost on BA tickets
- 24 transfer at LHR or CDG
- 25 American Airlines, Iberia, British Airways