I've had a quick search, but apologies if this has been covered before!
I'm travelling from Melbourne, Australia to Mexico City via LAX in late October.
I've never been to LAX before. Newbie to flying solo!
I have a 7 hr stop over here and would love your advice on whether leaving the airport for a little sightseeing is wise. (a walk to take some photos and grab some lunch along Venice beach or Santa Monica pier, nothing too ambitious!)
My flight from Australia lands at 10:20am
The flight to Mexico departs at 5:46pm. So just over 7hrs.
Both flights are with United Airlines if that helps.
Other threads comment on domestic flights but I'm curious about an international stopover? Whether it is any different getting in and out of the airport.
I've been told if your flights are in two different terminals, I'd have to leave security and pass through again anyway.. and of course immigration!
Thanks a bunch x
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 AA Aadvantage Website is Making Me CRAZY!!!
- 2 How Many Stamps in Your Passport?
- 3 First time traveler in need of serious advices
- 4 Is it worth looking into a travel agent for booking flights?
- 5 Bravofly issue
- 6 Connecting through Pearson (Europe-USA) on 2 tickets
- 7 BA strike through August! Should I book alternate flights?
- 8 Air Berlin flight rebooking fiasco
- 9 AC Montreal-FCO: scheduling train to Florence
- 10 American Airlines to SAS
- 11 Suggestion for travel agent just to book flights?
- 12 Solo trip to Spain ..then on to London on own???
- 13 Best time to buy tix on Southwest
- 14 2017 World's Top 100 Airlines Identified
- 15 JFK-LHR-Athens. How much time is needed at Heathrow?
- 16 procedure to get tourist visa to austria for Indian
- 17 Long flight tips and entertainment
- 18 Separate tickets with only carry ons -- do I have to go through customs?
- 19 Norwegian Airlines in Chicago
- 20 How much time do I need to switch planes in CDG
- 21 UA Mileage FF Changes
- 22 Travel with iPad on International Flight
- 23 Is it necessary to book a longer layover for this?
- 24 Traveling to US through Madrid
- 25 El Salvador plane change