United cancelled my flight due to hurricane Sandy. I submitted a refund request to them, and got a reference number. Now they tell me they cannot find the request and to resubmit the info via Fax. You can't get through to the refund department by phone or email, and no one else seems to be able to help. United knows the flight was cancelled because they cancelled it, so where's the money? Should I protest this through my credit card company or give it another try with United. I've already wasted lots of time on this.
Jumping through hoops to get a refund from United
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Business Class
- 2 US Airways schedule changes
- 3 Need Advice on EU 261--contact Lufthansa or United for compensation?
- 4 Airside lounges at HKG: recommendations?
- 5 When to book?
- 6 never fly LIAT
- 7 Booked on United with codes share to Europe/No seat reservation allowed
- 8 Comparing Business Class Experience: AA, USAir International
- 9 Review of Air France Premium Economy
- 10 Getting bumped from Premium Economy on Delta/KLM
- 11 Lufthansa Intra-Europe Travel: How strict on hand baggage?
- 12 Airfare to Italy
- 13 Booking a United award in Lufthansa premium economy: Is it possible?
- 14 Alitalia
- 15 Around the World Fare on OneWorld?
- 16 Layover in the airport
- 17 Bringing in Bali coffee to Brunei and UK.
- 18 Any difference between Air NZ Business Class seats, 777-300, 787?
- 19 AA Downgrading from 777's to 767's on DFW-FRA Route
- 20 San Jose Costa Rica to Havana Cuba
- 21 British Air Miles - Household Account Question
- 22 Confusing Lufthansa Carry On Weight Restrictions
- 23 use of united skylounge if flying a different airline
- 24 Crease on passport ID page
- 25 Beware of Bravofly