United cancelled my flight due to hurricane Sandy. I submitted a refund request to them, and got a reference number. Now they tell me they cannot find the request and to resubmit the info via Fax. You can't get through to the refund department by phone or email, and no one else seems to be able to help. United knows the flight was cancelled because they cancelled it, so where's the money? Should I protest this through my credit card company or give it another try with United. I've already wasted lots of time on this.
Jumping through hoops to get a refund from United
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Transfer time in CDG for different tickets
- 2 Best Airline to Fly to Singapore?
- 3 Singapore Stopover Holiday - Which Leg?
- 4 United/Lufthansa - no miles credit for the Lufthansa legs?
- 5 Gimpy Geezer and Wife Fly Air France A380 Premium Economy from DC to Europe
- 6 Rome Airport Luggage Storage
- 7 Booking Annoyance
- 8 Delta 767-300ER vs. USAir A300-200 Business Class
- 9 Considering an Around-the-World ticket
- 10 Virgin Atlantic to LHR in economy - any opinions?
- 11 United Four Across in Biz Class
- 12 Anyone used webjet.com?
- 13 Taxes and carrier-imposed fees - EXORBITANT!
- 14 Using Award Tickets: things can be flexible at the airport...
- 15 Arrival at SFO
- 16 American Airlines awards
- 17 Delta?
- 18 Suggestions for non-English-speaking travellers at London Heathrow Airport
- 19 Delayed Luggage
- 20 Ryanair puts on airs
- 21 Passengers in fight over reclined seat
- 22 Which is better-Quatar or Emirates?
- 23 Flying from East Coast to Italy - Strategy for Cheap Flights?
- 24 Seat selection help Korean Air
- 25 air canada not taking responsibility and not sure where to call