United cancelled my flight due to hurricane Sandy. I submitted a refund request to them, and got a reference number. Now they tell me they cannot find the request and to resubmit the info via Fax. You can't get through to the refund department by phone or email, and no one else seems to be able to help. United knows the flight was cancelled because they cancelled it, so where's the money? Should I protest this through my credit card company or give it another try with United. I've already wasted lots of time on this.
Jumping through hoops to get a refund from United
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Travelers Insurance
- 2 Booked on United with codes share to Europe/No seat reservation allowed
- 3 Manchester vs London flights from the US
- 4 JetBlue Amex card
- 5 Around the World Fare on OneWorld?
- 6 Best premium economy to Europe
- 7 Premium economy--timing of purchase
- 8 Shortened connection time at FCO
- 9 never fly LIAT
- 10 Anyone used webjet.com?
- 11 Layover in the airport
- 12 Ryan air carry on personal items
- 13 Global Entry Program and TSA PreCheck Question
- 14 best time to purchase ticket
- 15 Sleeping on airplanes (in cattle class)
- 16 Anyone know anything about JetnSave?
- 17 Upgrading econ to biz on United
- 18 Check your contract and don't get cancer
- 19 Help: Airfare to Madrid has skyrocketed - why?
- 20 Hiw Much Time to get Thru Customs & Immigration at IAH
- 21 help booking w Ryan air
- 22 Tickets Gdansk-London-Lisbon - anybody need?
- 23 When to book a companion ticket on BA?
- 24 Taxes and carrier-imposed fees - EXORBITANT!
- 25 what happens if flight is delayed or cancelled and you miss the event