short introcuction (my first post here : I am 36 years old and have lived in the USA for 7 years now. I am originally from Finland and have done 3 trips to Sri Lanka in the past (1999, 2001 and 2005). I would love to go back with my husband and son somewhere in the future. However, flying from the USA rather than Europe IS expensive! The cheapest tickets from the East coast of USA to Sri Lanka are $1350... multiply that with 3 (or 4 if we had another child?) and the budget is blown....
Are there any tricks to get cheaper tickets? Such as fly to some main city in Europe and get cheap tickets from there? Or is it downright impossible to get to SL with less than $1350? Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 American Airlines, Iberia, British Airways
- 2 Wedding + Honeymoon (Toronto / Sao Paulo / Male)
- 3 Medication Sleep Aid for 30+ Hours Travel
- 4 Layover
- 5 Flight from Athens to Santorini?
- 6 Transferring in Beijing to Hong Kong
- 7 Getting Global entry interview appointment
- 8 Miami Airport-clearing customs question
- 9 What should I know about flying Southwest?
- 10 Heathrow: Can I make it?
- 11 Atlanta Immigration & Customs
- 12 Renewal of Global Entry
- 13 IAD connection time of 1 hour 5 minutes for flight to Copenhagen.
- 14 More cheap transatlantic flights coming
- 15 Complimentary upgrades on Delta with companion
- 16 Do you get miles with upgraded Econ. fare
- 17 UA New (?) Economy Class Fare
- 18 Ideas for stop over from MAUI to BOS
- 19 Documents for E-tickets?
- 20 Qantas A380 vs 744 in economy
- 21 Enough time
- 22 Flight Review – Vancouver to Hong Kong – Air Canada – Business Class
- 23 American Airines - Bad plane going; No plane coming back
- 24 Fare searches with flexible dates.
- 25 BA economy premiun seats