short introcuction (my first post here : I am 36 years old and have lived in the USA for 7 years now. I am originally from Finland and have done 3 trips to Sri Lanka in the past (1999, 2001 and 2005). I would love to go back with my husband and son somewhere in the future. However, flying from the USA rather than Europe IS expensive! The cheapest tickets from the East coast of USA to Sri Lanka are $1350... multiply that with 3 (or 4 if we had another child?) and the budget is blown....
Are there any tricks to get cheaper tickets? Such as fly to some main city in Europe and get cheap tickets from there? Or is it downright impossible to get to SL with less than $1350? Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 JAL or AA business--LAX to TKO
- 2 International arrival - easiest airport for connection?
- 3 Checked Luggage on Separate Tickets
- 4 Carry on
- 5 LAX Terminal Reshuffle
- 6 WestJet to add budget line
- 7 JetBlue Hub in Fort Lauderdale
- 8 gate distance
- 9 When can the pilot turn off the fasten seatbelt sign
- 10 Luggage Newark - Houston - Belize and back
- 11 Luggage tag
- 12 Premium Economy - Air France vs Lufthansa
- 13 Departing FCO
- 14 carryon fee on international flights?
- 15 Incomplete first name on international ticket
- 16 FCO - CDG - SFO connection
- 17 Medication Sleep Aid for 30+ Hours Travel
- 18 Changing terminals in Philadelphia
- 19 AirAsia not accepting payment
- 20 enough time for this flight?
- 21 live in Seattle and dreaming of London? Norwegian arrives Sept!
- 22 5 hour layover in Toronto (YYZ). Can I leave airport?
- 23 Passport suffix
- 24 Separate tickets with only carry ons -- do I have to go through customs?
- 25 Check your electronics or fly American