Members of the Transport Workers Union (TWU) were scheduled to vote on a new contract with American Airlines, or AA, this December that would have lowered the airline’s cost and outsourced hundreds of jobs that weren’t directly related to aircraft maintenance. They never got the chance because American instead filed for bankruptcy. On Wednesday AA announced it planned to outsource just about all of them — 4,600 mechanics jobs are going, along with 4,200 ground-service positions, 2,300 flight attendants and 400 pilots. About 15% of American’s work force is getting a one-way ticket to Termination, Texas — thank you for dying with us today. .................(more0
Read more: http://business.time.com/2012/02/06/is-american-the-worst-managed-airline-in-america/#ixzz1lbdbntgj
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 I miss USAirways
- 2 Major revisions to AAdvantage frequent flyer program
- 3 BA Seat Selection
- 4 layovers and luggage
- 5 AA First class LAX to NRT
- 6 Southwest "Honors" the Military
- 7 Alitalia - Carry on luggage?
- 8 Flying from US with a prearranged VOA for Vietnam
- 9 Bravofly now doing an old scam again?
- 10 Asiana Business class SEA-ICN; Thai Air business class ICN-BKK
- 11 Any experience with #Mobile Passport?
- 12 Short layovers doable from Seattle to Peru?
- 13 Mileage Expiration
- 14 List of fares from MCI
- 15 China Airlines (the one with the pink flower symbol)
- 16 Orbitz? FlightHub? Cheapoair?
- 17 Qatar Airways - Terrible Customer Service
- 18 Hong Kong Air vs China Eastern?
- 19 Istanbul (Sabiha Gökçen) to Frankfurt–Turkish Airlines–Business Class
- 20 Is there a way to track my personal flight travel history?
- 21 Traveling to Dubai for first time
- 22 Business class for honeymoon from Seattle to Paris
- 23 Setting up a flight
- 24 Interesting piece on why and how airlines are making you miserable
- 25 Brussels or Austrian Airlines?