Members of the Transport Workers Union (TWU) were scheduled to vote on a new contract with American Airlines, or AA, this December that would have lowered the airline’s cost and outsourced hundreds of jobs that weren’t directly related to aircraft maintenance. They never got the chance because American instead filed for bankruptcy. On Wednesday AA announced it planned to outsource just about all of them — 4,600 mechanics jobs are going, along with 4,200 ground-service positions, 2,300 flight attendants and 400 pilots. About 15% of American’s work force is getting a one-way ticket to Termination, Texas — thank you for dying with us today. .................(more0
Read more: http://business.time.com/2012/02/06/is-american-the-worst-managed-airline-in-america/#ixzz1lbdbntgj
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Cheap flights to Europe from Pittsburg
- 2 Consolidators for Biz Class - has any one used one?
- 3 BA not to fly to serve anymore.
- 4 Medication Sleep Aid for 30+ Hours Travel
- 5 How to figure out the cost of a trip when purchasing insurance.
- 6 Airtreks and Bootsnall
- 7 Miami International Airport
- 8 T4 (AA) remodel at LAX
- 9 What should I know about flying Southwest?
- 10 Complimentary upgrades on Delta with companion
- 11 Question on checkin for international
- 12 travelling with ensure
- 13 Connection time
- 14 Flight from Athens to Santorini?
- 15 Connecting in Toronto for return to US
- 16 Award travel and fees
- 17 Arlanda connecting flight Intl to oslo Customs??
- 18 PHL layover
- 19 Is there a best day to book an international flight? a best day to fly?
- 20 searching for flights on Kayak
- 21 PHL-CDG airline change with checked bags (less than 2 hrs) HELP!!!
- 22 U.K. Registered Traveler vs Fast Track
- 23 Booking with airline vs. Orbitz or Priceline
- 24 Which site to use (or not) to book airfare
- 25 Purchasing third coach seat for two passengers on international flight