Members of the Transport Workers Union (TWU) were scheduled to vote on a new contract with American Airlines, or AA, this December that would have lowered the airline’s cost and outsourced hundreds of jobs that weren’t directly related to aircraft maintenance. They never got the chance because American instead filed for bankruptcy. On Wednesday AA announced it planned to outsource just about all of them — 4,600 mechanics jobs are going, along with 4,200 ground-service positions, 2,300 flight attendants and 400 pilots. About 15% of American’s work force is getting a one-way ticket to Termination, Texas — thank you for dying with us today. .................(more0
Read more: http://business.time.com/2012/02/06/is-american-the-worst-managed-airline-in-america/#ixzz1lbdbntgj
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Separate tickets with only carry ons -- do I have to go through customs?
- 2 Check your electronics or fly American
- 3 Priority Pass - Worth It?
- 4 Sea-Tac Virgin Atlantic flight
- 5 Flying through Casablanca
- 6 How to book YYZ-ZRH-NBO-YYZ ?
- 7 what if connecting flight cancels
- 8 enough time for this flight?
- 9 Qantas FF access to Emirates lounge CDG?
- 10 aRound-The-World for less than $/€ 1,200
- 11 EasyJet
- 12 TSA OR Global Entry
- 13 How to figure out the cost of a trip when purchasing insurance.
- 14 "This route is pending regulatory approval."
- 15 Medication Sleep Aid for 30+ Hours Travel
- 16 U.K. Registered Traveler vs Fast Track
- 17 How do you get from terminal 8 to terminal 2 at JFK airport?
- 18 Amsterdam flight change
- 19 AA FF flights
- 20 Consolidators for Biz Class - has any one used one?
- 21 Delta/Virgin Atlantic carryon sizes
- 22 Ways to stay entertained at Toronto Airport
- 23 Compensation after engine fire, 2 day delay
- 24 Europe's LCC routes - lots of changes!
- 25 Delta or El Al to Israel?