Members of the Transport Workers Union (TWU) were scheduled to vote on a new contract with American Airlines, or AA, this December that would have lowered the airline’s cost and outsourced hundreds of jobs that weren’t directly related to aircraft maintenance. They never got the chance because American instead filed for bankruptcy. On Wednesday AA announced it planned to outsource just about all of them — 4,600 mechanics jobs are going, along with 4,200 ground-service positions, 2,300 flight attendants and 400 pilots. About 15% of American’s work force is getting a one-way ticket to Termination, Texas — thank you for dying with us today. .................(more0
Read more: http://business.time.com/2012/02/06/is-american-the-worst-managed-airline-in-america/#ixzz1lbdbntgj
Is American the Worst-Managed Airline in America?
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 US Airways or Lufthansa for teen traveling alone
- 2 KLM Comfort Economy?
- 3 Suggestions for non-English-speaking travellers at London Heathrow Airport
- 4 United Changed my flight without asking
- 5 Transfer time in CDG for different tickets
- 6 Passengers in fight over reclined seat
- 7 Best Airline to Fly to Singapore?
- 8 Delta 767-300ER vs. USAir A300-200 Business Class
- 9 Wow airlines discount flights to London from US
- 10 Gimpy Geezer and Wife Fly Air France A380 Premium Economy from DC to Europe
- 11 Singapore Stopover Holiday - Which Leg?
- 12 United/Lufthansa - no miles credit for the Lufthansa legs?
- 13 Rome Airport Luggage Storage
- 14 Booking Annoyance
- 15 Considering an Around-the-World ticket
- 16 Virgin Atlantic to LHR in economy - any opinions?
- 17 United Four Across in Biz Class
- 18 Anyone used webjet.com?
- 19 Taxes and carrier-imposed fees - EXORBITANT!
- 20 Using Award Tickets: things can be flexible at the airport...
- 21 Arrival at SFO
- 22 American Airlines awards
- 23 Delta?
- 24 Delayed Luggage
- 25 Ryanair puts on airs