Members of the Transport Workers Union (TWU) were scheduled to vote on a new contract with American Airlines, or AA, this December that would have lowered the airline’s cost and outsourced hundreds of jobs that weren’t directly related to aircraft maintenance. They never got the chance because American instead filed for bankruptcy. On Wednesday AA announced it planned to outsource just about all of them — 4,600 mechanics jobs are going, along with 4,200 ground-service positions, 2,300 flight attendants and 400 pilots. About 15% of American’s work force is getting a one-way ticket to Termination, Texas — thank you for dying with us today. .................(more0
Read more: http://business.time.com/2012/02/06/is-american-the-worst-managed-airline-in-america/#ixzz1lbdbntgj
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Airport Controlled Seats INTERNATIONAL
- 2 Some Q's about Rome airport
- 3 EUROPE FLIGHT
- 4 Bravofly Legal Actions
- 5 Southwest "no-change-fee" - really?
- 6 Kenya Airways/Skyteam questions.
- 7 Amex points to Paris/ Italy in 1st
- 8 Aegean Airlines Carry on Allowance
- 9 Does a OneWorld Explorer ticket make sense?
- 10 Anyone used webjet.com?
- 11 Abu Dhabi transit with separate tickets
- 12 Websites Which Show Flights with Flatbed Seats??
- 13 Overseas Flights with Different Airlines
- 14 Wheelchair Assistance
- 15 Ever cancel tickets on American?
- 16 Unaccompanied minor
- 17 Beach Ball headrest?
- 18 Southwest Airlines pricing?
- 19 Late flight from Miami Intl Airport
- 20 Air France from SFO to Madrid
- 21 JetBlue flight cancellation - nice job
- 22 Booking via Air India - help asap
- 23 Turkish Airlines Awful
- 24 AA to award points according to $ spent not miles
- 25 Booking flights