Members of the Transport Workers Union (TWU) were scheduled to vote on a new contract with American Airlines, or AA, this December that would have lowered the airline’s cost and outsourced hundreds of jobs that weren’t directly related to aircraft maintenance. They never got the chance because American instead filed for bankruptcy. On Wednesday AA announced it planned to outsource just about all of them — 4,600 mechanics jobs are going, along with 4,200 ground-service positions, 2,300 flight attendants and 400 pilots. About 15% of American’s work force is getting a one-way ticket to Termination, Texas — thank you for dying with us today. .................(more0
Read more: http://business.time.com/2012/02/06/is-american-the-worst-managed-airline-in-america/#ixzz1lbdbntgj
Is American the Worst-Managed Airline in America?
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Seeking suggestions for airport that SW flies into and has PNS connections
- 2 Ticketed Name Different Than Passport
- 3 PHL-FCO-ATH where will we go through passport control/customs?
- 4 Dubai / Visa
- 5 VISA date conflict
- 6 CDG-VRN Carry-On Question
- 7 Biz lounge in Toronto
- 8 Does a first class tix automatically give one entry to Club?
- 9 When to buy ticket?
- 10 Be Careful About Turkish Airlines
- 11 Keflavik Iceland changing planes
- 12 HELP ME TO CHOOSE A BEST CONNECTION TO AVOID ROAMING CHARGES IN AUSTRALIA
- 13 Self check-in airBaltic
- 14 Beware of Bravofly
- 15 Anyone know, LAX to NAN, sustenance ?
- 16 Has Anyone Tried US CBP's Mobile Passport Control at ATL?
- 17 Atlanta International Terminal
- 18 Expedia - Stay Away at all Costs
- 19 TSA pre-check, what a joke!
- 20 United - how to add frequent flier number?
- 21 Global Entry Program and TSA PreCheck Question
- 22 Frankfurt Airport Sky Line
- 23 Going through customs at Toronto?
- 24 Booking directly or through 3rd party
- 25 Rental Cars - Responsibility for Break-downs?