Members of the Transport Workers Union (TWU) were scheduled to vote on a new contract with American Airlines, or AA, this December that would have lowered the airline’s cost and outsourced hundreds of jobs that weren’t directly related to aircraft maintenance. They never got the chance because American instead filed for bankruptcy. On Wednesday AA announced it planned to outsource just about all of them — 4,600 mechanics jobs are going, along with 4,200 ground-service positions, 2,300 flight attendants and 400 pilots. About 15% of American’s work force is getting a one-way ticket to Termination, Texas — thank you for dying with us today. .................(more0
Read more: http://business.time.com/2012/02/06/is-american-the-worst-managed-airline-in-america/#ixzz1lbdbntgj
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Anyone familiar with clearme.com?
- 2 Arr Stansted; Dep LHR, one night in London: where?
- 3 Istanbul Airport is Horrible
- 4 Flight to Kolkata India
- 5 Houston Airport - United Airlines
- 6 KLM refund process - not good!
- 7 Beach Ball headrest?
- 8 Booking SNAFU with Qatar Airways
- 9 Avoid Alpha Flight Guru or be stranded somewhere and pay the price!
- 10 Anyone tried Turkish Airlines for long flights before?
- 11 How does luggage go to the wrong place?
- 12 small claims court for travel website (orbitz)
- 13 Turkish Airlines - Leg disappeared
- 14 I hour connection Heathrow
- 15 AA seat assignments
- 16 AA Business Class on 777
- 17 Saga Class on Icelandair
- 18 Bravofly Legal Actions
- 19 Tipping Flight Attendants??? Is this the new norm?
- 20 SkyLux - Anyone have Feedback??
- 21 Rome To Sardinia
- 22 Do I have time to recheck bags in Athens and make my flight
- 23 Has anyone heard of Dealber?
- 24 Baggage Checked-through on Non-* Alliance?
- 25 name on ticket and passport