Members of the Transport Workers Union (TWU) were scheduled to vote on a new contract with American Airlines, or AA, this December that would have lowered the airline’s cost and outsourced hundreds of jobs that weren’t directly related to aircraft maintenance. They never got the chance because American instead filed for bankruptcy. On Wednesday AA announced it planned to outsource just about all of them — 4,600 mechanics jobs are going, along with 4,200 ground-service positions, 2,300 flight attendants and 400 pilots. About 15% of American’s work force is getting a one-way ticket to Termination, Texas — thank you for dying with us today. .................(more0
Read more: http://business.time.com/2012/02/06/is-american-the-worst-managed-airline-in-america/#ixzz1lbdbntgj
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 What has become of AA flights to Europe? All BA now.
- 2 Has using FF miles on AA got a lot harder?
- 3 Quick trip to attain frequent flyer status
- 4 Toronto to Europe - Open Jaw Prices
- 5 Can a person buy two seats on the same flight for just
- 6 Transfer to Vermont from JFK
- 7 Combining star alliance tickets if purchased separately.
- 8 how to use rewards for upgrades
- 9 Lufthansa luggage limitations
- 10 Tramadol
- 11 easyJet westard-ho
- 12 Help with JFK to VTE flights
- 13 Transiting through FRA
- 14 Best time to book internationsl flights on United, using FF miles
- 15 Why is Malaysian air SO HIGH!!
- 16 Air Berlin Going Out of Business
- 17 question about changing terminals
- 18 Customs/Baggage Claim in Athens Greece Question
- 19 Group Travel on Southwest
- 20 delta arrival virgin atlantic departure at Atlanta
- 21 BA short turnaround time
- 22 Changng a Delta Code Share with KLM
- 23 helli
- 24 redress number question
- 25 Excellent Experience on Singapore Airlines Long Haul cattle class