Members of the Transport Workers Union (TWU) were scheduled to vote on a new contract with American Airlines, or AA, this December that would have lowered the airline’s cost and outsourced hundreds of jobs that weren’t directly related to aircraft maintenance. They never got the chance because American instead filed for bankruptcy. On Wednesday AA announced it planned to outsource just about all of them — 4,600 mechanics jobs are going, along with 4,200 ground-service positions, 2,300 flight attendants and 400 pilots. About 15% of American’s work force is getting a one-way ticket to Termination, Texas — thank you for dying with us today. .................(more0
Read more: http://business.time.com/2012/02/06/is-american-the-worst-managed-airline-in-america/#ixzz1lbdbntgj
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 UNITED : WINDSTREAM Mail TEC*H SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:800:540:6830 mail b*g
- 2 TSA pre-approved?
- 3 Travel with iPad on International Flight
- 4 Experiences with weather waivers?
- 5 SFO runway closures ?
- 6 got bumped-how full was flight?
- 7 Question
- 8 AA from PHL to LIH for Seniors
- 9 Excellent Experience on Singapore Airlines Long Haul cattle class
- 10 Help!
- 11 A horror story about Justfly
- 12 Amaszonas Airlines
- 13 El Salvador plane change
- 14 Would you rather...KEF vs ARN Layover
- 15 You gotta love Southwest
- 16 Vancouver Ariport lounges?
- 17 Picking a seat on Virgin
- 18 Condor phone number???
- 19 Condor flight check-in, seat selection, bag check, etc help?
- 20 Connection time
- 21 Anyone need round trip tickets to France / Barcelona
- 22 Priceline BA Flight on AA Codeshare Questions
- 23 Carry on
- 24 Upgraded; will it stick?
- 25 LAX Terminal Reshuffle