Members of the Transport Workers Union (TWU) were scheduled to vote on a new contract with American Airlines, or AA, this December that would have lowered the airline’s cost and outsourced hundreds of jobs that weren’t directly related to aircraft maintenance. They never got the chance because American instead filed for bankruptcy. On Wednesday AA announced it planned to outsource just about all of them — 4,600 mechanics jobs are going, along with 4,200 ground-service positions, 2,300 flight attendants and 400 pilots. About 15% of American’s work force is getting a one-way ticket to Termination, Texas — thank you for dying with us today. .................(more0
Read more: http://business.time.com/2012/02/06/is-american-the-worst-managed-airline-in-america/#ixzz1lbdbntgj
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 "Bait and Switch" and KLM
- 2 Aiports in Paris
- 3 Questions about reclaiming FF miles
- 4 Consolidators for Biz Class Seats
- 5 Transfer between Terminal 4 and Terminal 5 at LHR
- 6 Last minute required change cost us $4,000
- 7 Same ticket, Rome to JFK via Alitalia then Delta, baggage?
- 8 Website to indicate number of seats sold?
- 9 Laguardia hassle?
- 10 Parking at JFK
- 11 Help with Delta terminal in Atlanta
- 12 Sky Airlines - buying tickets from USA over internet!
- 13 Justfly.com
- 14 Can I clear customs and make my connections at YYZ and BOS?
- 15 Flying Tokyo-YYZ in economy- direct or break it up in YVR?
- 16 Flying from Tokyo (NRT or HND) to San Francisco (SFO or SJC). Options?
- 17 Is Bravofly A Scam?
- 18 Getting wedding clothes from here to there
- 19 Transit Visa in Heathrow Terminal 5
- 20 Frankfurt connections Lufthansa to United
- 21 Frustrated w/ 1 qt bag limit
- 22 SEA to Gran Canaria on Separate Tickets
- 23 PHL-CDG airline change with checked bags (less than 2 hrs) HELP!!!
- 24 Arr Stansted; Dep LHR, one night in London: where?
- 25 Changing Dates on United FF award tix