Members of the Transport Workers Union (TWU) were scheduled to vote on a new contract with American Airlines, or AA, this December that would have lowered the airline’s cost and outsourced hundreds of jobs that weren’t directly related to aircraft maintenance. They never got the chance because American instead filed for bankruptcy. On Wednesday AA announced it planned to outsource just about all of them — 4,600 mechanics jobs are going, along with 4,200 ground-service positions, 2,300 flight attendants and 400 pilots. About 15% of American’s work force is getting a one-way ticket to Termination, Texas — thank you for dying with us today. .................(more0
Read more: http://business.time.com/2012/02/06/is-american-the-worst-managed-airline-in-america/#ixzz1lbdbntgj
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Miami Airport-clearing customs question
- 2 What should I know about flying Southwest?
- 3 Heathrow: Can I make it?
- 4 Atlanta Immigration & Customs
- 5 Renewal of Global Entry
- 6 IAD connection time of 1 hour 5 minutes for flight to Copenhagen.
- 7 More cheap transatlantic flights coming
- 8 Complimentary upgrades on Delta with companion
- 9 Getting Global entry interview appointment
- 10 Do you get miles with upgraded Econ. fare
- 11 UA New (?) Economy Class Fare
- 12 Ideas for stop over from MAUI to BOS
- 13 Wedding + Honeymoon (Toronto / Sao Paulo / Male)
- 14 Documents for E-tickets?
- 15 Qantas A380 vs 744 in economy
- 16 Enough time
- 17 Flight Review – Vancouver to Hong Kong – Air Canada – Business Class
- 18 American Airines - Bad plane going; No plane coming back
- 19 Fare searches with flexible dates.
- 20 BA economy premiun seats
- 21 BA not to fly to serve anymore.
- 22 JFK Time Between Terminals?
- 23 British Airways headphones/earbuds
- 24 Book inter-Europe as part of open-jaw?
- 25 Which site to use (or not) to book airfare