Members of the Transport Workers Union (TWU) were scheduled to vote on a new contract with American Airlines, or AA, this December that would have lowered the airline’s cost and outsourced hundreds of jobs that weren’t directly related to aircraft maintenance. They never got the chance because American instead filed for bankruptcy. On Wednesday AA announced it planned to outsource just about all of them — 4,600 mechanics jobs are going, along with 4,200 ground-service positions, 2,300 flight attendants and 400 pilots. About 15% of American’s work force is getting a one-way ticket to Termination, Texas — thank you for dying with us today. .................(more0
Read more: http://business.time.com/2012/02/06/is-american-the-worst-managed-airline-in-america/#ixzz1lbdbntgj
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 international flight luggage pick-up waiting time
- 2 Praise for Delta One
- 3 http://www.supplementadvise.com/cla-safflower-oil/
- 4 http://www.supplementadvise.com/cla-safflower-oil/
- 5 Transiting in Nadi Airport, Fiji
- 6 http://greencoffeesupremecleanseidea.com/x-alpha-muscle/
- 7 http://justantiagingcare.com/rejuvolyte-skin-cream/
- 8 http://justantiagingcare.com/rejuvolyte-skin-cream/
- 9 Connecting flight through Amsterdam
- 10 Long layover in PHL
- 11 Boarding US-bound Flight with Expired Green Card
- 12 Good air fare?
- 13 Southwest and pax rights
- 14 American vs United
- 15 Which airport for connection to/from Europe?
- 16 immigration passport control
- 17 Canceled Flight Compensation
- 18 Unable to Purchase on Spirit Airline?
- 19 IAH layover time
- 20 Immigration Control When Connecting Through Europe
- 21 CDG Air France flight connection to Madrid
- 22 How Would You Rate Iberia Air Customer Service?
- 23 The Top 100 Airlines
- 24 Can a person go home at a transit
- 25 Caution while booking a ticket on rcg.se