Members of the Transport Workers Union (TWU) were scheduled to vote on a new contract with American Airlines, or AA, this December that would have lowered the airline’s cost and outsourced hundreds of jobs that weren’t directly related to aircraft maintenance. They never got the chance because American instead filed for bankruptcy. On Wednesday AA announced it planned to outsource just about all of them — 4,600 mechanics jobs are going, along with 4,200 ground-service positions, 2,300 flight attendants and 400 pilots. About 15% of American’s work force is getting a one-way ticket to Termination, Texas — thank you for dying with us today. .................(more0
Read more: http://business.time.com/2012/02/06/is-american-the-worst-managed-airline-in-america/#ixzz1lbdbntgj
Is American the Worst-Managed Airline in America?
- 1 JFK terminal 5 to 7
- 2 Worst US airline?
- 3 For United Frequent Fliers: How will you get to Bangkok now?
- 4 Business Class Dilemma. Newbie. Please Help!
- 5 Asthma and Perfume on a Plane
- 6 Alaska when to book complicated trip
- 7 Buying business and coach tickets
- 8 Should I switch from AMEX/Delta to say VISA/United?
- 9 Trying again to get away. End of the year sometimes
- 10 Lufthansa one-way prices
- 11 Global Entry Program and TSA PreCheck Question
- 12 Is $361 per person reasonable SLC-Orlando
- 13 Best time to purchase ticket to Orlando from Salt Lake travel end of May?
- 14 Were you "stupid" to buy AA stocks ~2 years ago?
- 15 Medallion status after AA/USAIR merger
- 16 Beware of Bravofly
- 17 Virgin Atlantic Economy - Changeable?
- 18 Premium Economy on Quantas vs. Business Class on Delta?
- 19 Deceptive Airtran Bump Reimbursement
- 20 flight change and immigration time insight: Dallas to Frankfurt to Vienna
- 21 Continue on or stopover?
- 22 Breaking up a flight
- 23 Best routing on AA or BA; BOS/PMO; Business Class Award tix for 2; May 2014
- 24 Flying to the US with engagement ring.
- 25 aadvantage website