Members of the Transport Workers Union (TWU) were scheduled to vote on a new contract with American Airlines, or AA, this December that would have lowered the airline’s cost and outsourced hundreds of jobs that weren’t directly related to aircraft maintenance. They never got the chance because American instead filed for bankruptcy. On Wednesday AA announced it planned to outsource just about all of them — 4,600 mechanics jobs are going, along with 4,200 ground-service positions, 2,300 flight attendants and 400 pilots. About 15% of American’s work force is getting a one-way ticket to Termination, Texas — thank you for dying with us today. .................(more0
Read more: http://business.time.com/2012/02/06/is-american-the-worst-managed-airline-in-america/#ixzz1lbdbntgj
Is American the Worst-Managed Airline in America?
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Beware of Bravofly
- 2 Delta in Amsterdam
- 3 AA FF Miles to Europe and Asia
- 4 Turkish Airlines in the UK
- 5 Recent experience with TSA pre-check
- 6 International flight to domestic connection at Atlanta Airport
- 7 Has anyone had experience with Iflybusiness.com?
- 8 airlines drop fares on tues or wed.
- 9 Baggage and two separate tickets
- 10 When to buy tickets
- 11 Business class discounted brokers. Fly with class.com
- 12 Toronto Airport - Sheraton Gateway Hotel for a long layover?
- 13 TSA hand wipe
- 14 Delta question?
- 15 Layover in London
- 16 AAdvantage DevAAluation
- 17 Transit in Dubai Airport Terminal 3
- 18 British Air or Air France
- 19 Connectiing in CDG good or bad?
- 20 Please help with Delta miles
- 21 How is Verling Airllibes?
- 22 Help: Transit through Frankfurt on way to Turkey (from US)
- 23 Air fares to Europe in August
- 24 Tracking fare info
- 25 Kayak Price Alert - multicity?