Members of the Transport Workers Union (TWU) were scheduled to vote on a new contract with American Airlines, or AA, this December that would have lowered the airline’s cost and outsourced hundreds of jobs that weren’t directly related to aircraft maintenance. They never got the chance because American instead filed for bankruptcy. On Wednesday AA announced it planned to outsource just about all of them — 4,600 mechanics jobs are going, along with 4,200 ground-service positions, 2,300 flight attendants and 400 pilots. About 15% of American’s work force is getting a one-way ticket to Termination, Texas — thank you for dying with us today. .................(more0
Read more: http://business.time.com/2012/02/06/is-american-the-worst-managed-airline-in-america/#ixzz1lbdbntgj
Is American the Worst-Managed Airline in America?
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Travellers Beware of Online Tricks!
- 2 787-9 Dreamliner
- 3 Priority Pass - Worth It?
- 4 Turkish airline denying boarding and not fly us to final destination
- 5 What are Level 1 and, especially, Level 2 on AmAirlines Advantage tickets?
- 6 Air New Zealand and Virgin Australia Baggage Limits
- 7 La Compagie
- 8 Biz lounge in Toronto
- 9 Which is better-Quatar or Emirates?
- 10 Passengers in fight over reclined seat
- 11 Flying business class, friend in economy
- 12 Baggage transfer on two separate tickets
- 13 Does O'Hare Terminal 5 have Special TSA Precheck for Security?
- 14 Dubai 96 hour transit visa
- 15 Best seat AA transcon Airbus - first Class
- 16 90 minutes at Brisbane airport - enough time?
- 17 Hotels around JFK Airport
- 18 Best time to redeem AA miles?
- 19 Get a refund or credit for economy United tkts?
- 20 Questions about: Open Ended Airplane Ticket?
- 21 Flying from East Coast to Italy - Strategy for Cheap Flights?
- 22 Ins and Outs of Paying for Extra Legroom in Coach
- 23 HELP ME TO CHOOSE A BEST CONNECTION TO AVOID ROAMING CHARGES IN AUSTRALIA
- 24 Where are All The After Labor Day Airfare Sales to Europe?
- 25 Virgin Australia VS OneTravel