I have a question I am flying from Chicago (ORD) to Nadi, Fiji (NAN). I have a 10hr layover at Los Angeles (LAX).
I bought my flights through Orbitz:
My flight from ORD to LAX says its a Qantas flight operated by United Airlines
My flight from LAX to NAN says its a Qantas flight operated by Fiji Airlines
My questions are the following:
1.Do I check in at domestic united terminal in ORD? or international?
2.When I land in LAX I would like to see family during my 10hr layover, can I do that?
A. Also if I do that what happens to my bags?
B. Will they automatically be transferred to my flight to NAN later that day?
C. Or do i have to get them at baggage claim and recheck them on the way in?
D. When I get back to the airport, do I go to the international terminal and look for Qantas or Fiji Airlines?
3.Also I do not have to go through customs on my way to NAN only on the way back to the USA correct?
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Cheaper to buy plane ticket in Canada instead of US?
- 2 Is 8 months too early to buy and international plane ticket?
- 3 Best time to buy tix on Southwest
- 4 Shopping duty Free On Board versus On Ground
- 5 Traveling abroad with gift box as carry-on?
- 6 Travel with iPad on International Flight
- 7 El Salvador plane change
- 8 Norwegian Airlines through Expedia
- 9 1st RTW- cheapest place to start?
- 10 United and ANA
- 11 How much time do I need to switch planes in CDG
- 12 Newark Terminal Transfer
- 13 Redeeming Miles with a Capital One Card
- 14 Free Stopovers in Europe, flying from NYC?
- 15 Best/worst airlines for traveling with pets?
- 16 Porter or Air Canada?
- 17 Going through security with herbs?
- 18 Help me get award tickets using variety of points
- 19 Foot Rests? China Airlines Premium Economy Experiences ??
- 20 Chocolates in carry on allowed?
- 21 Is it safe to put a laptop in a carry on suitcase?
- 22 Booking with airline vs. Orbitz or Priceline
- 23 What can be done if one date is wrong?
- 24 West Coast USA>France routes
- 25 Excellent Experience on Singapore Airlines Long Haul cattle class