I have a question I am flying from Chicago (ORD) to Nadi, Fiji (NAN). I have a 10hr layover at Los Angeles (LAX).
I bought my flights through Orbitz:
My flight from ORD to LAX says its a Qantas flight operated by United Airlines
My flight from LAX to NAN says its a Qantas flight operated by Fiji Airlines
My questions are the following:
1.Do I check in at domestic united terminal in ORD? or international?
2.When I land in LAX I would like to see family during my 10hr layover, can I do that?
A. Also if I do that what happens to my bags?
B. Will they automatically be transferred to my flight to NAN later that day?
C. Or do i have to get them at baggage claim and recheck them on the way in?
D. When I get back to the airport, do I go to the international terminal and look for Qantas or Fiji Airlines?
3.Also I do not have to go through customs on my way to NAN only on the way back to the USA correct?
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Layover
- 2 Medication Sleep Aid for 30+ Hours Travel
- 3 Flight from Athens to Santorini?
- 4 Transferring in Beijing to Hong Kong
- 5 Getting Global entry interview appointment
- 6 Miami Airport-clearing customs question
- 7 What should I know about flying Southwest?
- 8 Heathrow: Can I make it?
- 9 Atlanta Immigration & Customs
- 10 Renewal of Global Entry
- 11 IAD connection time of 1 hour 5 minutes for flight to Copenhagen.
- 12 More cheap transatlantic flights coming
- 13 Complimentary upgrades on Delta with companion
- 14 Do you get miles with upgraded Econ. fare
- 15 UA New (?) Economy Class Fare
- 16 Ideas for stop over from MAUI to BOS
- 17 Wedding + Honeymoon (Toronto / Sao Paulo / Male)
- 18 Documents for E-tickets?
- 19 Qantas A380 vs 744 in economy
- 20 Enough time
- 21 Flight Review – Vancouver to Hong Kong – Air Canada – Business Class
- 22 American Airines - Bad plane going; No plane coming back
- 23 Fare searches with flexible dates.
- 24 BA economy premiun seats
- 25 BA not to fly to serve anymore.