My 86 year old mom is going to be flying with my brother from JFK/LHR/FCO and return on BA/AA.. She is mobile, but the last few times whe's flown (domestically), she has had wheelchair assistance, and thinks she would like to do that this time as well. Can anyone tell me how this works at LHR? My recollection of transiting there involves stairs down to the bus to change terminals, and I don't know how that works with wheelchairs. She has a 3.5 hour connection window at LHR; but it is December and it seems there are always delays arriving into LHR.
Any info about JFK & FCO with wheelchairs too?
help with LHR and a wheelchair for Mom?
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Mobile Board Passes--
- 2 Business Class Summer Sales
- 3 Sleeping pills for long haul flights
- 4 Choices for Air - AF, KLM via Europe OR SAA via JNB to HARARE, Zim
- 5 AA or BA to OSL
- 6 Best Airline for Trip to Istanbul
- 7 What to pack in your "personal item" for an overseas flight
- 8 Visas and flight diversions
- 9 Singapore Airlines vs Emirates
- 10 Half Empty Airliner
- 11 Non Refundable Tickets
- 12 Scarcity of award travel in July on United Airlines
- 13 A Entire Area Blocked Off?
- 14 AA and USair
- 15 Multi-city pricing and strategy
- 16 Ailine security- a strange question
- 17 Paris-London-Dublin
- 18 Orbitz or Cheaptickets or Priceline via Kayak?
- 19 Should I purchase now?
- 20 Flight not always appearing on United website
- 21 Curious...ORD to NAN
- 22 Not showing up for a connecting flight - to tell or not to tell?
- 23 Duty Free Liquor
- 24 United to enforce carry-on size limits
- 25 definition of internationl "secure" area with international airports