We are leaving Saturday from Houston to Frankfurt (United) and then straight on to Istanbul, Turkey (via a United codeshared Lufthanza flight). I am not sure what happens in Frankfurt. We will be in transit: Do we go through immigration or is there a transit zone so we just head to our next flight without going through immigration? We are planning on checking our bags through to Istanbul, so we won't need to collect them in Frankfurt - correct?
If anyone has transited through Frankfurt to a non Schengen country, I would greatly appreciate your insights on the process. We don't have a long connection in Frankfurt ( one hour, twenty-five minutes) so I don't want spend time trying to figure out the process.
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Midway connections
- 2 Chicago to Denver or Rapid City?
- 3 Flying into O'Hare..bad as I have heard??
- 4 Headphones on planes
- 5 Tramadol
- 6 To pass the time on long haul flights..
- 7 Connection time at Heathrow
- 8 Air Berlin flight rebooking fiasco
- 9 Hypothetical question
- 10 Would you use frequent flier miles for an Alitalia ticket for next May?
- 11 "This route is pending regulatory approval."
- 12 redress number question
- 13 London to Morocco/stopover; Passport? Ideas?
- 14 Has anyone flown Wow Air from the east coast to Paris?
- 15 Getting Seat Assignments on Iberia (American Airlines Ticket)
- 16 Customs, Immigration, Passport Control
- 17 Seeking feedback on Royal Air Maroc nonstop IAD-CAS
- 18 Detroit to London to Croatia
- 19 Toronto to Malaga to Toulon to Athens then back to Toronto via Malaga!
- 20 Fastest route between JFK terminal 8 AA and JFK terminal 5 JetBlue
- 21 Segment-by-segment searching for award travel? t
- 22 Best time to book internationsl flights on United, using FF miles
- 23 Does anyone know what's happening with United in November?
- 24 From Riyadh, (KSA) to London, (UK)
- 25 Bravofly issue
Help: Transit through Frankfurt on way to Turkey (from US)