We are leaving Saturday from Houston to Frankfurt (United) and then straight on to Istanbul, Turkey (via a United codeshared Lufthanza flight). I am not sure what happens in Frankfurt. We will be in transit: Do we go through immigration or is there a transit zone so we just head to our next flight without going through immigration? We are planning on checking our bags through to Istanbul, so we won't need to collect them in Frankfurt - correct?
If anyone has transited through Frankfurt to a non Schengen country, I would greatly appreciate your insights on the process. We don't have a long connection in Frankfurt ( one hour, twenty-five minutes) so I don't want spend time trying to figure out the process.
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Flight from Athens to Santorini?
- 2 Transferring in Beijing to Hong Kong
- 3 Getting Global entry interview appointment
- 4 Miami Airport-clearing customs question
- 5 What should I know about flying Southwest?
- 6 Heathrow: Can I make it?
- 7 Atlanta Immigration & Customs
- 8 Renewal of Global Entry
- 9 IAD connection time of 1 hour 5 minutes for flight to Copenhagen.
- 10 More cheap transatlantic flights coming
- 11 Complimentary upgrades on Delta with companion
- 12 Do you get miles with upgraded Econ. fare
- 13 UA New (?) Economy Class Fare
- 14 Ideas for stop over from MAUI to BOS
- 15 Wedding + Honeymoon (Toronto / Sao Paulo / Male)
- 16 Documents for E-tickets?
- 17 Qantas A380 vs 744 in economy
- 18 Enough time
- 19 Flight Review – Vancouver to Hong Kong – Air Canada – Business Class
- 20 American Airines - Bad plane going; No plane coming back
- 21 Fare searches with flexible dates.
- 22 BA economy premiun seats
- 23 BA not to fly to serve anymore.
- 24 JFK Time Between Terminals?
- 25 British Airways headphones/earbuds
Help: Transit through Frankfurt on way to Turkey (from US)