We are leaving Saturday from Houston to Frankfurt (United) and then straight on to Istanbul, Turkey (via a United codeshared Lufthanza flight). I am not sure what happens in Frankfurt. We will be in transit: Do we go through immigration or is there a transit zone so we just head to our next flight without going through immigration? We are planning on checking our bags through to Istanbul, so we won't need to collect them in Frankfurt - correct?
If anyone has transited through Frankfurt to a non Schengen country, I would greatly appreciate your insights on the process. We don't have a long connection in Frankfurt ( one hour, twenty-five minutes) so I don't want spend time trying to figure out the process.
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Question on checkin for international
- 2 travelling with ensure
- 3 BA not to fly to serve anymore.
- 4 Connection time
- 5 Flight from Athens to Santorini?
- 6 Connecting in Toronto for return to US
- 7 Award travel and fees
- 8 Arlanda connecting flight Intl to oslo Customs??
- 9 PHL layover
- 10 How to figure out the cost of a trip when purchasing insurance.
- 11 Is there a best day to book an international flight? a best day to fly?
- 12 searching for flights on Kayak
- 13 Medication Sleep Aid for 30+ Hours Travel
- 14 PHL-CDG airline change with checked bags (less than 2 hrs) HELP!!!
- 15 U.K. Registered Traveler vs Fast Track
- 16 Booking with airline vs. Orbitz or Priceline
- 17 Complimentary upgrades on Delta with companion
- 18 Which site to use (or not) to book airfare
- 19 Purchasing third coach seat for two passengers on international flight
- 20 Renewal of Global Entry
- 21 added cost on BA tickets
- 22 transfer at LHR or CDG
- 23 American Airlines, Iberia, British Airways
- 24 KLM/Delta flight
- 25 CDG connection in 2 hours
Help: Transit through Frankfurt on way to Turkey (from US)