We are leaving Saturday from Houston to Frankfurt (United) and then straight on to Istanbul, Turkey (via a United codeshared Lufthanza flight). I am not sure what happens in Frankfurt. We will be in transit: Do we go through immigration or is there a transit zone so we just head to our next flight without going through immigration? We are planning on checking our bags through to Istanbul, so we won't need to collect them in Frankfurt - correct?
If anyone has transited through Frankfurt to a non Schengen country, I would greatly appreciate your insights on the process. We don't have a long connection in Frankfurt ( one hour, twenty-five minutes) so I don't want spend time trying to figure out the process.
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Assist: Tec^h SUPP0RT NORTON ANTIVIRUS CONTACT ☎ 1:888:482:3831 NORTON
- 2 AA from PHL to LIH for Seniors
- 3 Help!
- 4 Excellent Experience on Singapore Airlines Long Haul cattle class
- 5 SFO runway closures ?
- 6 A horror story about Justfly
- 7 Amaszonas Airlines
- 8 El Salvador plane change
- 9 Would you rather...KEF vs ARN Layover
- 10 You gotta love Southwest
- 11 Vancouver Ariport lounges?
- 12 Picking a seat on Virgin
- 13 Condor phone number???
- 14 Condor flight check-in, seat selection, bag check, etc help?
- 15 Connection time
- 16 Anyone need round trip tickets to France / Barcelona
- 17 Priceline BA Flight on AA Codeshare Questions
- 18 Carry on
- 19 Upgraded; will it stick?
- 20 LAX Terminal Reshuffle
- 21 When can the pilot turn off the fasten seatbelt sign
- 22 International trip to Zurich, in parts...?
- 23 First time to Italy
- 24 Departing FCO
- 25 Car seat harassment
Help: Transit through Frankfurt on way to Turkey (from US)