We are leaving Saturday from Houston to Frankfurt (United) and then straight on to Istanbul, Turkey (via a United codeshared Lufthanza flight). I am not sure what happens in Frankfurt. We will be in transit: Do we go through immigration or is there a transit zone so we just head to our next flight without going through immigration? We are planning on checking our bags through to Istanbul, so we won't need to collect them in Frankfurt - correct?
If anyone has transited through Frankfurt to a non Schengen country, I would greatly appreciate your insights on the process. We don't have a long connection in Frankfurt ( one hour, twenty-five minutes) so I don't want spend time trying to figure out the process.
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 connection in jfk for only 90 minutes
- 2 Connection Time at Heathrow.
- 3 Traveling to Spain in March
- 4 Scandinavian SAS Plus
- 5 UA New (?) Economy Class Fare
- 6 Google Flights ?
- 7 Jat Airlines? (AKA Serbia Airlines?)
- 8 Lufthansa or Condor Air
- 9 Norwegian Air - What's the catch?
- 10 LAX Domestic to Int'l Connx
- 11 Flying through Istanbul onto Montenego-Safety?
- 12 Premium Economy Virgin Atlantic
- 13 Help with Seats on KLM Flight
- 14 FLL Navigating Fort Lauderdale airport
- 15 Logging into my Aadvantage account
- 16 Does a OneWorld Explorer ticket make sense?
- 17 Flying "Backwards"
- 18 Europe (Lisbon) to Miami: Iberia or Lufthansa in terms of cabin comfort?
- 19 Asking for a sandwich in lieu of a hot meal
- 20 Reclining Seats in BA Premium Econ?
- 21 Delta and Virgin
- 22 Cancellation of Thai Airway return trip ticket
- 23 Newark connection
- 24 Which airline for Paris/Nice?
- 25 Ticket spelling error with Orbitz
Help: Transit through Frankfurt on way to Turkey (from US)