Just did this...
Best FF match/deal I have seen lately you still get to keep your old miles.
It's Capital One's Venture "Match My Miles" Challenge
After credit card approval you'll need to submit proof of your current mileage account balance, then spend $1k on the card within 90 days and they'll match your account balance up to 100,000 miles. (Competing statement must be received within 45 days of account opening.)They've capped the matching program at "one billion miles." I suppose it's an open question how long that'll last but we should be good for a month. Though the offer also ends May 13.It's unclear if you have to show you've earned 100k miles from a co-branded credit card or if you have to have 100k miles in your account. It almost certainly has to just be the latter, since the FAQ says what you have to do to receive the miles is "Reserve your miles by registering online and submitting proof of your airline miles within 45 days of being approved for the Venture card.
They will 'match' Alaska, American, Continental, Delta, Frontier, Hawaiian, JetBlue, Spirit, United, US Airways, and Virgin. They'll also match Airtran (1000 miles in their program per credit) and Southwest (1200 miles in their program per credit).
There's also a 10,000 point account opening bonus that you'll get after qualifying spend as well, so it's really a 110,000 mile signup bonus. New Venture cardholders who spend $1,000 in the first 3 months will automatically receive the one-time bonus, in addition to the matched miles. Existing customers who upgrade to Venture are not eligible for the 10,000 bonus miles.So for folks who have a mileage account with 100k miles in it, they can get an $1100 credit towards paid airfare by signing up for this card.
Great deal Venture Card has NO foreign exchange transaction fees so great for travel.
No fee for the first year for the card.
flyertalk.com FF miles for ongoing thread about this.
Enjoy and happy FF mile flying!
Great CapitalOne Venture Credit Card FF match up to 110,000 FF miles
Just did this...
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Help with overhead Bins
- 2 FRA 70 minute connection from USA -Terminal 1Gate B19-Z62
- 3 Don't fly UNITED Airlines...they are pirates
- 4 Frankfurt Airport - Lufthansa and United
- 5 Picking up a child during a layover
- 6 Austrian Airlines Business Class "Upgrade" - avoid
- 7 Delta in Amsterdam
- 8 Any helpful hints on wheelchair transports in airports?
- 9 MAKING CONNECTION CDG - 3 HOURS
- 10 Throwing Away a Return Ticket?
- 11 Departure City Searches
- 12 International flight to domestic connection at Atlanta Airport
- 13 Layover Time
- 14 UNITED Airlines does not recognize Star Alliance Gold Status Benefits
- 15 Help: Transit through Frankfurt on way to Turkey (from US)
- 16 United Airlines
- 17 Best Time to Buy II: The Domestic Question
- 18 Beware of Bravofly
- 19 AA FF Miles to Europe and Asia
- 20 Turkish Airlines in the UK
- 21 Recent experience with TSA pre-check
- 22 Has anyone had experience with Iflybusiness.com?
- 23 airlines drop fares on tues or wed.
- 24 Baggage and two separate tickets
- 25 When to buy tickets