Just did this...
Best FF match/deal I have seen lately you still get to keep your old miles.
It's Capital One's Venture "Match My Miles" Challenge
After credit card approval you'll need to submit proof of your current mileage account balance, then spend $1k on the card within 90 days and they'll match your account balance up to 100,000 miles. (Competing statement must be received within 45 days of account opening.)They've capped the matching program at "one billion miles." I suppose it's an open question how long that'll last but we should be good for a month. Though the offer also ends May 13.It's unclear if you have to show you've earned 100k miles from a co-branded credit card or if you have to have 100k miles in your account. It almost certainly has to just be the latter, since the FAQ says what you have to do to receive the miles is "Reserve your miles by registering online and submitting proof of your airline miles within 45 days of being approved for the Venture card.
They will 'match' Alaska, American, Continental, Delta, Frontier, Hawaiian, JetBlue, Spirit, United, US Airways, and Virgin. They'll also match Airtran (1000 miles in their program per credit) and Southwest (1200 miles in their program per credit).
There's also a 10,000 point account opening bonus that you'll get after qualifying spend as well, so it's really a 110,000 mile signup bonus. New Venture cardholders who spend $1,000 in the first 3 months will automatically receive the one-time bonus, in addition to the matched miles. Existing customers who upgrade to Venture are not eligible for the 10,000 bonus miles.So for folks who have a mileage account with 100k miles in it, they can get an $1100 credit towards paid airfare by signing up for this card.
Great deal Venture Card has NO foreign exchange transaction fees so great for travel.
No fee for the first year for the card.
flyertalk.com FF miles for ongoing thread about this.
Enjoy and happy FF mile flying!
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Luggage tag
- 2 Separate tickets with only carry ons -- do I have to go through customs?
- 3 Check your electronics or fly American
- 4 enough time for this flight?
- 5 New airfare aggregator Concorde.io
- 6 EasyJet
- 7 Priority Pass - Worth It?
- 8 Sea-Tac Virgin Atlantic flight
- 9 Flying through Casablanca
- 10 How to book YYZ-ZRH-NBO-YYZ ?
- 11 what if connecting flight cancels
- 12 Qantas FF access to Emirates lounge CDG?
- 13 aRound-The-World for less than $/€ 1,200
- 14 TSA OR Global Entry
- 15 How to figure out the cost of a trip when purchasing insurance.
- 16 "This route is pending regulatory approval."
- 17 Medication Sleep Aid for 30+ Hours Travel
- 18 U.K. Registered Traveler vs Fast Track
- 19 How do you get from terminal 8 to terminal 2 at JFK airport?
- 20 Amsterdam flight change
- 21 AA FF flights
- 22 Consolidators for Biz Class - has any one used one?
- 23 Delta/Virgin Atlantic carryon sizes
- 24 Ways to stay entertained at Toronto Airport
- 25 Compensation after engine fire, 2 day delay
Great CapitalOne Venture Credit Card FF match up to 110,000 FF miles
Just did this...