Just did this...
Best FF match/deal I have seen lately you still get to keep your old miles.
It's Capital One's Venture "Match My Miles" Challenge
After credit card approval you'll need to submit proof of your current mileage account balance, then spend $1k on the card within 90 days and they'll match your account balance up to 100,000 miles. (Competing statement must be received within 45 days of account opening.)They've capped the matching program at "one billion miles." I suppose it's an open question how long that'll last but we should be good for a month. Though the offer also ends May 13.It's unclear if you have to show you've earned 100k miles from a co-branded credit card or if you have to have 100k miles in your account. It almost certainly has to just be the latter, since the FAQ says what you have to do to receive the miles is "Reserve your miles by registering online and submitting proof of your airline miles within 45 days of being approved for the Venture card.
They will 'match' Alaska, American, Continental, Delta, Frontier, Hawaiian, JetBlue, Spirit, United, US Airways, and Virgin. They'll also match Airtran (1000 miles in their program per credit) and Southwest (1200 miles in their program per credit).
There's also a 10,000 point account opening bonus that you'll get after qualifying spend as well, so it's really a 110,000 mile signup bonus. New Venture cardholders who spend $1,000 in the first 3 months will automatically receive the one-time bonus, in addition to the matched miles. Existing customers who upgrade to Venture are not eligible for the 10,000 bonus miles.So for folks who have a mileage account with 100k miles in it, they can get an $1100 credit towards paid airfare by signing up for this card.
Great deal Venture Card has NO foreign exchange transaction fees so great for travel.
No fee for the first year for the card.
flyertalk.com FF miles for ongoing thread about this.
Enjoy and happy FF mile flying!
Great CapitalOne Venture Credit Card FF match up to 110,000 FF miles
Just did this...
- 1 Ohare Clearing Customs from VIE Sat May 24 @ 1:30pm for 3:10pm flight
- 2 TAP airlines-carry on?
- 3 Wher do we pass thru passport control
- 4 Does FRA offer "golf cart" type transfers for mobility impaired?
- 5 What is the United Lounge like at LAX?
- 6 Business Class Dilemma. Newbie. Please Help!
- 7 Using AA miles to Tasmania in spring 2014?
- 8 AA/US merger - details on Oneworld, frequent flyer integration
- 9 For United Frequent Fliers: How will you get to Bangkok now?
- 10 Booking FF Tixs on USAIR
- 11 Subject to Government Approval?
- 12 Gate Check Question
- 13 Trying again to get away. End of the year sometimes
- 14 Alaska when to book complicated trip
- 15 Should I switch from AMEX/Delta to say VISA/United?
- 16 JFK terminal 5 to 7
- 17 Worst US airline?
- 18 Asthma and Perfume on a Plane
- 19 Buying business and coach tickets
- 20 Lufthansa one-way prices
- 21 Global Entry Program and TSA PreCheck Question
- 22 Is $361 per person reasonable SLC-Orlando
- 23 Best time to purchase ticket to Orlando from Salt Lake travel end of May?
- 24 Were you "stupid" to buy AA stocks ~2 years ago?
- 25 Medallion status after AA/USAIR merger