I'm flying home in a couple days, and I'm wondering about the best way to carry a very fragile souvenir back. Thing is, it's in a box that won't fit in either my checked bag (which I wouldn't put it in anyway) or my carry-on (which is a laptop bag). I was thinking of either taking a plastic shopping bag or getting one of those "reusable/green" shopping bags and putting both my camera bag and the souvenir box in it. Would they let that pass at the airport? Or do you recommend I get a get a "legit" backpack or large purse of some kind?
(FYI, both the souvenir box and camera bag will fit under the seat; I'm concerned about the airline considering them as two separate "personal items" and not allowing them both, so I figured I'd find a way to stuff them in one bag. I was also considering just carrying the souvenir box, but I was afraid of it getting dropped. I thought it would be easier to carry inside another bag.)
Any ideas? Should I just cough up the money for a backpack or large purse (I figured that would be a waste because I'd never use it again)?
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Tickets 1-800-273-3602 Spirit Airlines Ticket Booking Number
- 2 Combining star alliance tickets if purchased separately.
- 3 how to use rewards for upgrades
- 4 Lufthansa luggage limitations
- 5 Tramadol
- 6 easyJet westard-ho
- 7 Help with JFK to VTE flights
- 8 Transiting through FRA
- 9 Best time to book internationsl flights on United, using FF miles
- 10 Why is Malaysian air SO HIGH!!
- 11 Air Berlin Going Out of Business
- 12 question about changing terminals
- 13 Customs/Baggage Claim in Athens Greece Question
- 14 Group Travel on Southwest
- 15 delta arrival virgin atlantic departure at Atlanta
- 16 BA short turnaround time
- 17 Changng a Delta Code Share with KLM
- 18 helli
- 19 redress number question
- 20 Excellent Experience on Singapore Airlines Long Haul cattle class
- 21 Segment-by-segment searching for award travel? t
- 22 Chicago to Denver or Rapid City?
- 23 How is this possible?
- 24 Connection time at Heathrow
- 25 Would you use frequent flier miles for an Alitalia ticket for next May?