I'm flying home in a couple days, and I'm wondering about the best way to carry a very fragile souvenir back. Thing is, it's in a box that won't fit in either my checked bag (which I wouldn't put it in anyway) or my carry-on (which is a laptop bag). I was thinking of either taking a plastic shopping bag or getting one of those "reusable/green" shopping bags and putting both my camera bag and the souvenir box in it. Would they let that pass at the airport? Or do you recommend I get a get a "legit" backpack or large purse of some kind?
(FYI, both the souvenir box and camera bag will fit under the seat; I'm concerned about the airline considering them as two separate "personal items" and not allowing them both, so I figured I'd find a way to stuff them in one bag. I was also considering just carrying the souvenir box, but I was afraid of it getting dropped. I thought it would be easier to carry inside another bag.)
Any ideas? Should I just cough up the money for a backpack or large purse (I figured that would be a waste because I'd never use it again)?
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 http://blogmium.com/testo-xtreme-xl/
- 2 Bravofly issue
- 3 Connecting through Pearson (Europe-USA) on 2 tickets
- 4 BA strike through August! Should I book alternate flights?
- 5 Air Berlin flight rebooking fiasco
- 6 AC Montreal-FCO: scheduling train to Florence
- 7 American Airlines to SAS
- 8 Suggestion for travel agent just to book flights?
- 9 Solo trip to Spain ..then on to London on own???
- 10 Best time to buy tix on Southwest
- 11 2017 World's Top 100 Airlines Identified
- 12 JFK-LHR-Athens. How much time is needed at Heathrow?
- 13 procedure to get tourist visa to austria for Indian
- 14 How Many Stamps in Your Passport?
- 15 Long flight tips and entertainment
- 16 Separate tickets with only carry ons -- do I have to go through customs?
- 17 Norwegian Airlines in Chicago
- 18 How much time do I need to switch planes in CDG
- 19 UA Mileage FF Changes
- 20 Travel with iPad on International Flight
- 21 Is it necessary to book a longer layover for this?
- 22 Traveling to US through Madrid
- 23 El Salvador plane change
- 24 Is it worth looking into a travel agent for booking flights?
- 25 Cheaper to buy plane ticket in Canada instead of US?