I'm flying home in a couple days, and I'm wondering about the best way to carry a very fragile souvenir back. Thing is, it's in a box that won't fit in either my checked bag (which I wouldn't put it in anyway) or my carry-on (which is a laptop bag). I was thinking of either taking a plastic shopping bag or getting one of those "reusable/green" shopping bags and putting both my camera bag and the souvenir box in it. Would they let that pass at the airport? Or do you recommend I get a get a "legit" backpack or large purse of some kind?
(FYI, both the souvenir box and camera bag will fit under the seat; I'm concerned about the airline considering them as two separate "personal items" and not allowing them both, so I figured I'd find a way to stuff them in one bag. I was also considering just carrying the souvenir box, but I was afraid of it getting dropped. I thought it would be easier to carry inside another bag.)
Any ideas? Should I just cough up the money for a backpack or large purse (I figured that would be a waste because I'd never use it again)?
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Flying through Heathrow
- 2 Boarding US-bound Flight with Expired Green Card
- 3 First time, Best Business class?
- 4 Airline sold ticket with short connection
- 5 international flight luggage pick-up waiting time
- 6 Instant Cold Compress and TSA
- 7 Praise for Delta One
- 8 Domestic layover on an international flight
- 9 Caution while booking a ticket on rcg.se
- 10 Transiting in Nadi Airport, Fiji
- 11 Southwest and pax rights
- 12 Intl flight with connection at EWR question
- 13 Canceled Flight Compensation
- 14 A horror story about Justfly
- 15 Connecting flight through Amsterdam
- 16 Long layover in PHL
- 17 Good air fare?
- 18 American vs United
- 19 Which airport for connection to/from Europe?
- 20 immigration passport control
- 21 Unable to Purchase on Spirit Airline?
- 22 IAH layover time
- 23 Immigration Control When Connecting Through Europe
- 24 CDG Air France flight connection to Madrid
- 25 How Would You Rate Iberia Air Customer Service?