I'm flying home in a couple days, and I'm wondering about the best way to carry a very fragile souvenir back. Thing is, it's in a box that won't fit in either my checked bag (which I wouldn't put it in anyway) or my carry-on (which is a laptop bag). I was thinking of either taking a plastic shopping bag or getting one of those "reusable/green" shopping bags and putting both my camera bag and the souvenir box in it. Would they let that pass at the airport? Or do you recommend I get a get a "legit" backpack or large purse of some kind?
(FYI, both the souvenir box and camera bag will fit under the seat; I'm concerned about the airline considering them as two separate "personal items" and not allowing them both, so I figured I'd find a way to stuff them in one bag. I was also considering just carrying the souvenir box, but I was afraid of it getting dropped. I thought it would be easier to carry inside another bag.)
Any ideas? Should I just cough up the money for a backpack or large purse (I figured that would be a waste because I'd never use it again)?
Fragile Souvenir Advice
- 1 What do I owe to a Travel Agent?
- 2 Flight connection in Brussels: Help!!
- 3 Beware of Bravofly
- 4 Great coffee
- 5 Qatar Airways - Terrible Customer Service
- 6 US customs forms questions
- 7 Best website for cheap Europe flights
- 8 LAX customs HELP
- 9 British Airways, Edinburgh to Heathrow - baggage re-check?
- 10 flights to israel from ny
- 11 Flights to Europe
- 12 Flight delays and costs due to weather.
- 13 Converstion rates for Airtran A+ credits transfer to Southwest Rewards?
- 14 easyJet cabin baggage
- 15 Flying out of Venice Marco Polo on Vueling
- 16 Award Availability
- 17 Please critique my plan for flying w/2 kids!
- 18 Anyone used webjet.com?
- 19 Review of Air France Premium Economy
- 20 Expedia points?
- 21 Traveling with Cremains
- 22 Can I "walk away" from the second leg of my flight?
- 23 self check in kiosks
- 24 How does duty free shopping work?
- 25 TSA comment period open until June 24