I'm flying home in a couple days, and I'm wondering about the best way to carry a very fragile souvenir back. Thing is, it's in a box that won't fit in either my checked bag (which I wouldn't put it in anyway) or my carry-on (which is a laptop bag). I was thinking of either taking a plastic shopping bag or getting one of those "reusable/green" shopping bags and putting both my camera bag and the souvenir box in it. Would they let that pass at the airport? Or do you recommend I get a get a "legit" backpack or large purse of some kind?
(FYI, both the souvenir box and camera bag will fit under the seat; I'm concerned about the airline considering them as two separate "personal items" and not allowing them both, so I figured I'd find a way to stuff them in one bag. I was also considering just carrying the souvenir box, but I was afraid of it getting dropped. I thought it would be easier to carry inside another bag.)
Any ideas? Should I just cough up the money for a backpack or large purse (I figured that would be a waste because I'd never use it again)?
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Late flight from Miami Intl Airport
- 2 Intl flight with connection at EWR question
- 3 Duty Free Liquor
- 4 Some Q's about Rome airport
- 5 Bravofly Legal Actions
- 6 EUROPE FLIGHT
- 7 Airport Controlled Seats INTERNATIONAL
- 8 Southwest "no-change-fee" - really?
- 9 Kenya Airways/Skyteam questions.
- 10 Amex points to Paris/ Italy in 1st
- 11 Aegean Airlines Carry on Allowance
- 12 Does a OneWorld Explorer ticket make sense?
- 13 Anyone used webjet.com?
- 14 Abu Dhabi transit with separate tickets
- 15 Websites Which Show Flights with Flatbed Seats??
- 16 Overseas Flights with Different Airlines
- 17 Wheelchair Assistance
- 18 Ever cancel tickets on American?
- 19 Unaccompanied minor
- 20 Beach Ball headrest?
- 21 Southwest Airlines pricing?
- 22 Air France from SFO to Madrid
- 23 JetBlue flight cancellation - nice job
- 24 Booking via Air India - help asap
- 25 Turkish Airlines Awful