In March I'm flying from Toronto to Milan, with a 1.5 hour layover in Paris. It's Alitalia, operated by Air France. On the back a week later, I'm flying nonstop from Rome to Toronto with Alitalia.
1)on the way there, is a 1.5 hour layover enough time, assuming my initial flight is not delayed? I've never dealt with a layover before and I'm travelling alone, so I'm starting to get really nervous about this.
2)I'm paranoid to check my baggage in case it doesn't make the layover. I'll have gifts in the bag which I don't want to get lost or delayed. They are bamboo embroidery hoops - I can't find any evidence anywhere of those not being allowed?
3)I have a small rolling carry-on suitcase (I believe the external dimensions are 22.5" high x 15 inches" x 10"). This seems to be above Air France and Alitalia's dimension limits? I was able to bring it onbaord a flight to Edinburgh two years ago. I'm guessing I should look for something a bit smaller?
-if I find a spinner suitcase the is within their dimensions and weight, can I also bring on board either a Fjallraven backpack (the regular kind the hipsters wear) or a Herschel Little Americana backpack? Or do they want you to bring a small purse as your addition carry-on and nothing bigger?
-last question - Air France's weight limit is 12kg for both bags. Fine. Alitalia's website says 5kg - surely that must be for both bags combined??
I'm a total spazz.
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Toronto to Europe - Open Jaw Prices
- 2 Can a person buy two seats on the same flight for just
- 3 Transfer to Vermont from JFK
- 4 Combining star alliance tickets if purchased separately.
- 5 how to use rewards for upgrades
- 6 Lufthansa luggage limitations
- 7 Tramadol
- 8 easyJet westard-ho
- 9 Help with JFK to VTE flights
- 10 Transiting through FRA
- 11 Best time to book internationsl flights on United, using FF miles
- 12 Why is Malaysian air SO HIGH!!
- 13 Air Berlin Going Out of Business
- 14 question about changing terminals
- 15 Customs/Baggage Claim in Athens Greece Question
- 16 Group Travel on Southwest
- 17 delta arrival virgin atlantic departure at Atlanta
- 18 BA short turnaround time
- 19 Changng a Delta Code Share with KLM
- 20 helli
- 21 redress number question
- 22 Excellent Experience on Singapore Airlines Long Haul cattle class
- 23 Segment-by-segment searching for award travel? t
- 24 Chicago to Denver or Rapid City?
- 25 How is this possible?
Flying with Air France and Alitalia (carryon and layover questions)