In March I'm flying from Toronto to Milan, with a 1.5 hour layover in Paris. It's Alitalia, operated by Air France. On the back a week later, I'm flying nonstop from Rome to Toronto with Alitalia.
1)on the way there, is a 1.5 hour layover enough time, assuming my initial flight is not delayed? I've never dealt with a layover before and I'm travelling alone, so I'm starting to get really nervous about this.
2)I'm paranoid to check my baggage in case it doesn't make the layover. I'll have gifts in the bag which I don't want to get lost or delayed. They are bamboo embroidery hoops - I can't find any evidence anywhere of those not being allowed?
3)I have a small rolling carry-on suitcase (I believe the external dimensions are 22.5" high x 15 inches" x 10"). This seems to be above Air France and Alitalia's dimension limits? I was able to bring it onbaord a flight to Edinburgh two years ago. I'm guessing I should look for something a bit smaller?
-if I find a spinner suitcase the is within their dimensions and weight, can I also bring on board either a Fjallraven backpack (the regular kind the hipsters wear) or a Herschel Little Americana backpack? Or do they want you to bring a small purse as your addition carry-on and nothing bigger?
-last question - Air France's weight limit is 12kg for both bags. Fine. Alitalia's website says 5kg - surely that must be for both bags combined??
I'm a total spazz.
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 What should I know about flying Southwest?
- 2 Heathrow: Can I make it?
- 3 Atlanta Immigration & Customs
- 4 Renewal of Global Entry
- 5 IAD connection time of 1 hour 5 minutes for flight to Copenhagen.
- 6 More cheap transatlantic flights coming
- 7 Complimentary upgrades on Delta with companion
- 8 Getting Global entry interview appointment
- 9 Do you get miles with upgraded Econ. fare
- 10 UA New (?) Economy Class Fare
- 11 Ideas for stop over from MAUI to BOS
- 12 Wedding + Honeymoon (Toronto / Sao Paulo / Male)
- 13 Documents for E-tickets?
- 14 Qantas A380 vs 744 in economy
- 15 Miami Airport-clearing customs question
- 16 Enough time
- 17 Flight Review – Vancouver to Hong Kong – Air Canada – Business Class
- 18 American Airines - Bad plane going; No plane coming back
- 19 Fare searches with flexible dates.
- 20 BA economy premiun seats
- 21 BA not to fly to serve anymore.
- 22 JFK Time Between Terminals?
- 23 British Airways headphones/earbuds
- 24 Book inter-Europe as part of open-jaw?
- 25 Which site to use (or not) to book airfare
Flying with Air France and Alitalia (carryon and layover questions)