My friend and I will be traveling to Seoul, South Korea this spring. We live in Minneapolis and found that it was much cheaper to purchase tickets to Seoul from San Francisco, so we are flying Sun Country from Minneapolis to San Francisco and then United Airlines from San Francisco to Seoul. Since I booked these two flights separately and on my own I am wondering how we will deal with getting our checked luggage from Minneapolis to Seoul. We only have a 2 hour lay over in San Francisco so I don't think it would be logical to collect our baggage and check it onto our second flight on our own. Can we have our luggage transfered for us by the airlines? I can't believe this didn't cross my mind until now! If someone could let me know how to go about dealing with this that would be great. Thanks!
Flying two different airlines
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Airfare for direct flight from Boston (BOS) to Paris (CDG) in April
- 2 Booked on United with codes share to Europe/No seat reservation allowed
- 3 upgrading flights
- 4 SFO-ORD-BRU: 40 minutes changeover at ORD??
- 5 Any advice for flying on Spirit to Guatemala?
- 6 Hiw Much Time to get Thru Customs & Immigration at IAH
- 7 Kayak monthly search feature gone?
- 8 Manchester vs London flights from the US
- 9 Int. min time for connection @ ORD
- 10 How to get to JFK from Connecticut without driving
- 11 can you suggest items for "care kit" for first time flyer?
- 12 Questions re. connecting in Toronto for a Europe flight
- 13 Sharing an excellent experience
- 14 Tiger Airways--Is it Really that Bad?
- 15 Fly home from Maldives or Mumbai?
- 16 Checked bag allowance for International travel
- 17 Air Canada - Vancouver-Montreal-QuebecCity
- 18 Gimpy Geezer and Wife Fly Air France A380 Premium Economy from DC to Europe
- 19 Jetstar Business Class
- 20 Which site to use (or not) to book airfare
- 21 spirit airlines usa
- 22 Using AA ff miles for Asia
- 23 How far in advance to book award travel
- 24 Compensation from United Airlines for denial of boarding (involuntary)
- 25 Which airlines serve sparking mineral water to economy passengers?