I'm in the early stages of planning a "mini" RTW on miles (aeroplan). I'm still undecided about whether to use up all the miles and fly business, or save some miles for another trip and fly economy.
If I fly economy, I'm wondering about the long transpac flight from Asia back home to Toronto. I've never done such a long flight before. Usually I'm itching to get off the aircraft after 8 hours or so. So my question is, what would you more experienced flyers do, if you were flying economy?
1. Fly direct HND-YYZ, 12 hours
2. Break up the flight in Vancouver, which would mean approx. 9 hours HND/NRT-YVR, then maybe an overnight, then 4.5 hour flight to YYZ
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 More cheap transatlantic flights coming
- 2 Complimentary upgrades on Delta with companion
- 3 Getting Global entry interview appointment
- 4 What should I know about flying Southwest?
- 5 IAD connection time of 1 hour 5 minutes for flight to Copenhagen.
- 6 Do you get miles with upgraded Econ. fare
- 7 UA New (?) Economy Class Fare
- 8 Ideas for stop over from MAUI to BOS
- 9 Wedding + Honeymoon (Toronto / Sao Paulo / Male)
- 10 Documents for E-tickets?
- 11 Qantas A380 vs 744 in economy
- 12 Miami Airport-clearing customs question
- 13 Enough time
- 14 Flight Review – Vancouver to Hong Kong – Air Canada – Business Class
- 15 American Airines - Bad plane going; No plane coming back
- 16 Fare searches with flexible dates.
- 17 BA economy premiun seats
- 18 BA not to fly to serve anymore.
- 19 JFK Time Between Terminals?
- 20 British Airways headphones/earbuds
- 21 Book inter-Europe as part of open-jaw?
- 22 Which site to use (or not) to book airfare
- 23 Voice calls during flights?
- 24 Flying through Istanbul onto Montenego-Safety?
- 25 altitude sickness on a plane?
Flying Tokyo-YYZ in economy- direct or break it up in YVR?