On my recent trip from SMF to IAD I underwent 2 security checks. At neither of them did anyone inquire about liquids, although I had them in a separate bag ready to go. The most stringent check otherwise was at SMF; odd, as I would have thought flights leaving from Dulles would be high priority. Both times I underwent the whole body wand check because of aritificial knees; that is getting really timesome, although I understand the rationale.
Flight security and liquids
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 What to pack in your "personal item" for an overseas flight
- 2 Best Airline for Trip to Istanbul
- 3 Visas and flight diversions
- 4 Singapore Airlines vs Emirates
- 5 Sleeping pills for long haul flights
- 6 Half Empty Airliner
- 7 AA or BA to OSL
- 8 Non Refundable Tickets
- 9 Scarcity of award travel in July on United Airlines
- 10 A Entire Area Blocked Off?
- 11 AA and USair
- 12 Multi-city pricing and strategy
- 13 Ailine security- a strange question
- 14 Paris-London-Dublin
- 15 Orbitz or Cheaptickets or Priceline via Kayak?
- 16 Should I purchase now?
- 17 Flight not always appearing on United website
- 18 Curious...ORD to NAN
- 19 Not showing up for a connecting flight - to tell or not to tell?
- 20 Duty Free Liquor
- 21 United to enforce carry-on size limits
- 22 definition of internationl "secure" area with international airports
- 23 Beware of Bravofly
- 24 Travelling with a less than pristine passport
- 25 Traveling to Germany can i carry Pickles & Sweets in the checked In Luggage