I have a Flight Network ticket to fly from Ottawa, Canada to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The flight is composed of Air Canada from Ottawa to Heathrow, then Turkish Air the rest of the way, and vice-versa on the return journey.
I am wondering how, or even if it's possible, to check in online for both airlines? Flight Network gave me a booking reference code, and I can use that on their site to select my seats for the Air Canada portion. However, they don't give me the option to select seats for the Turkish portion of the flights.
I can't tell yet if the same reference will work on the individual airlines' websites either because the flight is still a week off, and I'd rather not find out in the last 24 hours that I can't check in online for the Turkish flights.
Both Turkish and Air Canada are Star Alliance, which I thought should mean I can check in for the whole flight, at least one-way at a time, i.e. all the way from Ottawa to Addis.
Any advice on what the procedure is to check in from Ottawa right through to Addis so I can a) pick my seats all the way through, and b) have my baggage checked right through?
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Layover
- 2 Medication Sleep Aid for 30+ Hours Travel
- 3 Flight from Athens to Santorini?
- 4 Transferring in Beijing to Hong Kong
- 5 Getting Global entry interview appointment
- 6 Miami Airport-clearing customs question
- 7 What should I know about flying Southwest?
- 8 Heathrow: Can I make it?
- 9 Atlanta Immigration & Customs
- 10 Renewal of Global Entry
- 11 IAD connection time of 1 hour 5 minutes for flight to Copenhagen.
- 12 More cheap transatlantic flights coming
- 13 Complimentary upgrades on Delta with companion
- 14 Do you get miles with upgraded Econ. fare
- 15 UA New (?) Economy Class Fare
- 16 Ideas for stop over from MAUI to BOS
- 17 Wedding + Honeymoon (Toronto / Sao Paulo / Male)
- 18 Documents for E-tickets?
- 19 Qantas A380 vs 744 in economy
- 20 Enough time
- 21 Flight Review – Vancouver to Hong Kong – Air Canada – Business Class
- 22 American Airines - Bad plane going; No plane coming back
- 23 Fare searches with flexible dates.
- 24 BA economy premiun seats
- 25 BA not to fly to serve anymore.