I have a Flight Network ticket to fly from Ottawa, Canada to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The flight is composed of Air Canada from Ottawa to Heathrow, then Turkish Air the rest of the way, and vice-versa on the return journey.
I am wondering how, or even if it's possible, to check in online for both airlines? Flight Network gave me a booking reference code, and I can use that on their site to select my seats for the Air Canada portion. However, they don't give me the option to select seats for the Turkish portion of the flights.
I can't tell yet if the same reference will work on the individual airlines' websites either because the flight is still a week off, and I'd rather not find out in the last 24 hours that I can't check in online for the Turkish flights.
Both Turkish and Air Canada are Star Alliance, which I thought should mean I can check in for the whole flight, at least one-way at a time, i.e. all the way from Ottawa to Addis.
Any advice on what the procedure is to check in from Ottawa right through to Addis so I can a) pick my seats all the way through, and b) have my baggage checked right through?
Flight Network - how to check in online?
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Changing flights
- 2 Etihad is an anagram of 'I hated...'
- 3 Mobile Board Passes--
- 4 Sleeping pills for long haul flights
- 5 Business Class Summer Sales
- 6 Choices for Air - AF, KLM via Europe OR SAA via JNB to HARARE, Zim
- 7 AA or BA to OSL
- 8 Best Airline for Trip to Istanbul
- 9 What to pack in your "personal item" for an overseas flight
- 10 Visas and flight diversions
- 11 Singapore Airlines vs Emirates
- 12 Half Empty Airliner
- 13 Non Refundable Tickets
- 14 Scarcity of award travel in July on United Airlines
- 15 A Entire Area Blocked Off?
- 16 AA and USair
- 17 Multi-city pricing and strategy
- 18 Ailine security- a strange question
- 19 Paris-London-Dublin
- 20 Orbitz or Cheaptickets or Priceline via Kayak?
- 21 Should I purchase now?
- 22 Flight not always appearing on United website
- 23 Curious...ORD to NAN
- 24 Not showing up for a connecting flight - to tell or not to tell?
- 25 Duty Free Liquor