I have a Flight Network ticket to fly from Ottawa, Canada to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The flight is composed of Air Canada from Ottawa to Heathrow, then Turkish Air the rest of the way, and vice-versa on the return journey.
I am wondering how, or even if it's possible, to check in online for both airlines? Flight Network gave me a booking reference code, and I can use that on their site to select my seats for the Air Canada portion. However, they don't give me the option to select seats for the Turkish portion of the flights.
I can't tell yet if the same reference will work on the individual airlines' websites either because the flight is still a week off, and I'd rather not find out in the last 24 hours that I can't check in online for the Turkish flights.
Both Turkish and Air Canada are Star Alliance, which I thought should mean I can check in for the whole flight, at least one-way at a time, i.e. all the way from Ottawa to Addis.
Any advice on what the procedure is to check in from Ottawa right through to Addis so I can a) pick my seats all the way through, and b) have my baggage checked right through?
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Help Please: From JFK to 5th Avenue?
- 2 Booked Lufthansa/United via Expedia - worried about seat reservation
- 3 Have to cancel Delta award tix - best to resched. or back into account?
- 4 Keep Skymiles tix for Euro segments or buy cheap alternative?
- 5 Which terminal at Heathrow will TAP fly into?
- 6 Around the World Fare on OneWorld?
- 7 Connecting Flights in Heathrow
- 8 Review of Air France Premium Economy
- 9 Ticketed Name entered incorrectly. Help……
- 10 Carryon allowances for US flights...have they changed?
- 11 Fiesta time flying Avianca,Miami to Bue
- 12 Going to Canada.
- 13 United starts offering free beer and wine Internationally
- 14 Orbitz Booking Error
- 15 What to expect at customs
- 16 ORBITZ SITE -PROBLEMs Contacting Customer Service
- 17 Separate connecting flights at CDG under 3 hours apart - sufficient?
- 18 Air Berlin
- 19 EDI to Heathrow
- 20 Istanbul ataturk airport visa required?
- 21 53 minute layover in el salvador!
- 22 DFW to Basel via LHR - clearing immigration & Customs
- 23 Viet Nam Airlines
- 24 Purchasing a flight from Barcelona to Lisbon
- 25 1hr 10min connection at GDG do-able?