On a recent trip to the USA,
My family of 4 were flying from Orlando to Atlanta and then Atlanta to Manchester (uk)
The flight from Orlando left on time 16-40, While in the air the captain came on and said Atlanta airport had been closed because of bad weather..
What should have been a hour flight turned into 2 and a half hour flight..
So on our arrival at Atlanta we missed our connecting flight to Manchester (uk) it left at 19-05
Delta who we were flying with put us on the next available flight which was the next day at 19-05 (24hours later) at no extra charge..
They also found us a hotel for the night in Atlanta (we had to pay for that)
Can we claim anything for the delay??
Thanks for any advise
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 airlines recommendation from the USA to Hong Kong
- 2 What to do about Travelguard denied insurance claim? please help
- 3 Saddle seats - coming to airbus soon
- 4 Avoid Alpha Flight Guru or be stranded somewhere and pay the price!
- 5 United flight reservation change
- 6 Amst-Spain - enough time to leave the airport?
- 7 economy plus seating on United Flights
- 8 Codeshares
- 9 First point if entry in USA
- 10 Help need about onward trabel
- 11 Missing middle name in system -- orbitz refuses to refund
- 12 Jacob Ng Community
- 13 Need Advice: Germany in October Prices
- 14 Austrian Airlines Business Class "Upgrade" - avoid
- 15 Cant get seats on united codeshare
- 16 LAX. Terminal 4 to terminal 6
- 17 Beware of Bravofly
- 18 American 757 Economy: Renovated Interiors...?
- 19 Connecting in SFO, domestic to international flight
- 20 Bravofly is a scam - beware
- 21 LAX to Tokoy - How much Lay Over TIme Do I Need
- 22 Flight to Dublin
- 23 Layover in Boston
- 24 Reserving seats on AA operated flight
- 25 Transfer time at Heathrow