On a recent trip to the USA,
My family of 4 were flying from Orlando to Atlanta and then Atlanta to Manchester (uk)
The flight from Orlando left on time 16-40, While in the air the captain came on and said Atlanta airport had been closed because of bad weather..
What should have been a hour flight turned into 2 and a half hour flight..
So on our arrival at Atlanta we missed our connecting flight to Manchester (uk) it left at 19-05
Delta who we were flying with put us on the next available flight which was the next day at 19-05 (24hours later) at no extra charge..
They also found us a hotel for the night in Atlanta (we had to pay for that)
Can we claim anything for the delay??
Thanks for any advise
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 http://crackedmuscles.com/patriot-power-greens/
- 2 Connecting through Pearson (Europe-USA) on 2 tickets
- 3 BA strike through August! Should I book alternate flights?
- 4 Air Berlin flight rebooking fiasco
- 5 AC Montreal-FCO: scheduling train to Florence
- 6 American Airlines to SAS
- 7 Suggestion for travel agent just to book flights?
- 8 Solo trip to Spain ..then on to London on own???
- 9 Best time to buy tix on Southwest
- 10 2017 World's Top 100 Airlines Identified
- 11 JFK-LHR-Athens. How much time is needed at Heathrow?
- 12 procedure to get tourist visa to austria for Indian
- 13 How Many Stamps in Your Passport?
- 14 Long flight tips and entertainment
- 15 Separate tickets with only carry ons -- do I have to go through customs?
- 16 Norwegian Airlines in Chicago
- 17 How much time do I need to switch planes in CDG
- 18 UA Mileage FF Changes
- 19 Travel with iPad on International Flight
- 20 Is 8 months too early to buy and international plane ticket?
- 21 Is it necessary to book a longer layover for this?
- 22 Traveling to US through Madrid
- 23 El Salvador plane change
- 24 Is it worth looking into a travel agent for booking flights?
- 25 Cheaper to buy plane ticket in Canada instead of US?