On a recent trip to the USA,
My family of 4 were flying from Orlando to Atlanta and then Atlanta to Manchester (uk)
The flight from Orlando left on time 16-40, While in the air the captain came on and said Atlanta airport had been closed because of bad weather..
What should have been a hour flight turned into 2 and a half hour flight..
So on our arrival at Atlanta we missed our connecting flight to Manchester (uk) it left at 19-05
Delta who we were flying with put us on the next available flight which was the next day at 19-05 (24hours later) at no extra charge..
They also found us a hotel for the night in Atlanta (we had to pay for that)
Can we claim anything for the delay??
Thanks for any advise
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 IAD connection time of 1 hour 5 minutes for flight to Copenhagen.
- 2 Renewal of Global Entry
- 3 What should I know about flying Southwest?
- 4 More cheap transatlantic flights coming
- 5 Complimentary upgrades on Delta with companion
- 6 Getting Global entry interview appointment
- 7 Do you get miles with upgraded Econ. fare
- 8 UA New (?) Economy Class Fare
- 9 Ideas for stop over from MAUI to BOS
- 10 Wedding + Honeymoon (Toronto / Sao Paulo / Male)
- 11 Documents for E-tickets?
- 12 Qantas A380 vs 744 in economy
- 13 Miami Airport-clearing customs question
- 14 Enough time
- 15 Flight Review – Vancouver to Hong Kong – Air Canada – Business Class
- 16 American Airines - Bad plane going; No plane coming back
- 17 Fare searches with flexible dates.
- 18 BA economy premiun seats
- 19 BA not to fly to serve anymore.
- 20 JFK Time Between Terminals?
- 21 British Airways headphones/earbuds
- 22 Book inter-Europe as part of open-jaw?
- 23 Which site to use (or not) to book airfare
- 24 Voice calls during flights?
- 25 Flying through Istanbul onto Montenego-Safety?