On a recent trip to the USA,
My family of 4 were flying from Orlando to Atlanta and then Atlanta to Manchester (uk)
The flight from Orlando left on time 16-40, While in the air the captain came on and said Atlanta airport had been closed because of bad weather..
What should have been a hour flight turned into 2 and a half hour flight..
So on our arrival at Atlanta we missed our connecting flight to Manchester (uk) it left at 19-05
Delta who we were flying with put us on the next available flight which was the next day at 19-05 (24hours later) at no extra charge..
They also found us a hotel for the night in Atlanta (we had to pay for that)
Can we claim anything for the delay??
Thanks for any advise
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Cheap flights to Europe from Pittsburg
- 2 Consolidators for Biz Class - has any one used one?
- 3 BA not to fly to serve anymore.
- 4 Medication Sleep Aid for 30+ Hours Travel
- 5 How to figure out the cost of a trip when purchasing insurance.
- 6 Airtreks and Bootsnall
- 7 Miami International Airport
- 8 T4 (AA) remodel at LAX
- 9 What should I know about flying Southwest?
- 10 Complimentary upgrades on Delta with companion
- 11 Question on checkin for international
- 12 travelling with ensure
- 13 Connection time
- 14 Flight from Athens to Santorini?
- 15 Connecting in Toronto for return to US
- 16 Award travel and fees
- 17 Arlanda connecting flight Intl to oslo Customs??
- 18 PHL layover
- 19 Is there a best day to book an international flight? a best day to fly?
- 20 searching for flights on Kayak
- 21 PHL-CDG airline change with checked bags (less than 2 hrs) HELP!!!
- 22 U.K. Registered Traveler vs Fast Track
- 23 Booking with airline vs. Orbitz or Priceline
- 24 Which site to use (or not) to book airfare
- 25 Purchasing third coach seat for two passengers on international flight