On a recent trip to the USA,
My family of 4 were flying from Orlando to Atlanta and then Atlanta to Manchester (uk)
The flight from Orlando left on time 16-40, While in the air the captain came on and said Atlanta airport had been closed because of bad weather..
What should have been a hour flight turned into 2 and a half hour flight..
So on our arrival at Atlanta we missed our connecting flight to Manchester (uk) it left at 19-05
Delta who we were flying with put us on the next available flight which was the next day at 19-05 (24hours later) at no extra charge..
They also found us a hotel for the night in Atlanta (we had to pay for that)
Can we claim anything for the delay??
Thanks for any advise
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 our first-class traces, wrinkles,
- 2 Sea-Tac Virgin Atlantic flight
- 3 Check your electronics or fly American
- 4 How to book YYZ-ZRH-NBO-YYZ ?
- 5 what if connecting flight cancels
- 6 enough time for this flight?
- 7 Qantas FF access to Emirates lounge CDG?
- 8 aRound-The-World for less than $/€ 1,200
- 9 EasyJet
- 10 TSA OR Global Entry
- 11 How to figure out the cost of a trip when purchasing insurance.
- 12 "This route is pending regulatory approval."
- 13 Priority Pass - Worth It?
- 14 Medication Sleep Aid for 30+ Hours Travel
- 15 U.K. Registered Traveler vs Fast Track
- 16 How do you get from terminal 8 to terminal 2 at JFK airport?
- 17 Amsterdam flight change
- 18 AA FF flights
- 19 Consolidators for Biz Class - has any one used one?
- 20 Delta/Virgin Atlantic carryon sizes
- 21 Ways to stay entertained at Toronto Airport
- 22 Compensation after engine fire, 2 day delay
- 23 Europe's LCC routes - lots of changes!
- 24 Delta or El Al to Israel?
- 25 Does a OneWorld Explorer ticket make sense?