Air Travel Forums

Post New Topic

Recent Activity

View all Air Travel activity »
  1. 1 Luggage tag
  2. 2 Check your electronics or fly American
  3. 3 Separate tickets with only carry ons -- do I have to go through customs?
  4. 4 enough time for this flight?
  5. 5 New airfare aggregator Concorde.io
  6. 6 EasyJet
  7. 7 Priority Pass - Worth It?
  8. 8 Sea-Tac Virgin Atlantic flight
  9. 9 Flying through Casablanca
  10. 10 How to book YYZ-ZRH-NBO-YYZ ?
  11. 11 what if connecting flight cancels
  12. 12 Qantas FF access to Emirates lounge CDG?
  13. 13 aRound-The-World for less than $/€ 1,200
  14. 14 TSA OR Global Entry
  15. 15 How to figure out the cost of a trip when purchasing insurance.
  16. 16 "This route is pending regulatory approval."
  17. 17 Medication Sleep Aid for 30+ Hours Travel
  18. 18 U.K. Registered Traveler vs Fast Track
  19. 19 How do you get from terminal 8 to terminal 2 at JFK airport?
  20. 20 Amsterdam flight change
  21. 21 AA FF flights
  22. 22 Consolidators for Biz Class - has any one used one?
  23. 23 Delta/Virgin Atlantic carryon sizes
  24. 24 Ways to stay entertained at Toronto Airport
  25. 25 Compensation after engine fire, 2 day delay
View next 25 » Back to the top

Fall airfare deals...how long should one wait?

Jump to last reply

We've got a family trip (9 tickets) coming up in late September. Traveling from Denver to LA.

We're traveling on what we've researched to be one of the cheapest days of the year, and traveling on low days-- Saturday to Thursday. We're doing all we can to get these costs down, but for the past 2 months, the airfare has been at or even slightly above the cost to travel in the height of summer.

Stands to reason that this is going to come down, but with so many tickets to buy, I'm wondering if any one has thoughts on risk/reward of waiting this out.

Related question: anyone heard of a way to negotiate a volume discount?

Thanks for reading! Bigger thanks if you've got any advice.

10 Replies |Back to top

Sign in to comment.

Advertisement