This December I will be embarking on my first overseas trip. My fiance and I are traveling to Japan to get married, so I'm very excited, but also exacerbated by Delta's constant switching of my flights. It makes me quite nervous.
I'm traveling from Atlanta to Haneda, Japan with a layover in LAX. After having had it switched for the third time, our flight is now scheduled as such:
LAX-HAN 3:34-5:10 <-- This gives us a 1 hour 28 min layover.
So... The question is, when exactly do we go through customs/immigration? Because I can handle an hour and a half layover if we just switch planes. But as I have never flown abroad before, I am not sure what will happen when I get to LAX and try to depart for Japan. Do we go through customs and immigration in Japan? Or do we have to run the circuit before we are allowed to go through to Japan. If this is the case, I highly doubt a hour and a half layover will work.
Also, Delta WILL NOT let me change flights. The first time we had an ample 6 hours layover. They changed it to a 3 hour layover, and we were OK with that./ Then they changed it to 2 hours, and said any flight changes within 90 min is not covered by them, and we'd have to pay penalties. Now, It's down to an hour and a half, and there's nothing we can do about it.
Thank you SO much for the information!
Enough of a layover time? Customs question
- 1 Great coffee
- 2 Beware of Bravofly
- 3 Best website for cheap Europe flights
- 4 Qatar Airways - Terrible Customer Service
- 5 LAX customs HELP
- 6 British Airways, Edinburgh to Heathrow - baggage re-check?
- 7 flights to israel from ny
- 8 Flights to Europe
- 9 Flight delays and costs due to weather.
- 10 Converstion rates for Airtran A+ credits transfer to Southwest Rewards?
- 11 easyJet cabin baggage
- 12 Flying out of Venice Marco Polo on Vueling
- 13 US customs forms questions
- 14 Award Availability
- 15 Please critique my plan for flying w/2 kids!
- 16 Anyone used webjet.com?
- 17 Review of Air France Premium Economy
- 18 Expedia points?
- 19 Traveling with Cremains
- 20 Can I "walk away" from the second leg of my flight?
- 21 self check in kiosks
- 22 How does duty free shopping work?
- 23 TSA comment period open until June 24
- 24 Easyjet
- 25 Qatar Airlines