I am due to fly out to Cairns on Monday with emirates and jet star, booked through ebookers.
Today I was concerned about the Dublin Airport strike and contacted emirates. There I was told that the seat was booked in my Mothers name.
I accept that it was my mistake, bought the flight with mothers credit card as my limit was too low and never checked the details that they sent me fully!!
I then called Ebookers to change the ticket name.
This is when I was told that the name could not be changed and it would be necessary to cancel booking. Bit of a shock to me.
Knowing that I was not going to get the full value I asked what the amount which I would be, expecting 60%-80% of value paid.
I was told 4%. Actually hit the floor. Did not accept the offer obviously.
Asked to speak with a supervisor who assured me nothing could be done.
I then called emirates who informed me that the first two flights (with emirates) were refundable and the the third (with jetstar) was not and that I am entitled to a 57% refund off them. But have to go through ebookers.
On calling ebookers back they still assured me the I was only entitled to 4%. I asked to speak to manager who yet again assured me.
I then requested that the manager called emirates with the information I had just given him. When he called me back he could not confirm if I was yet entitled to a refund higher than 4%. Waiting for office to open tomorrow
Another option was to change the flight info to my name (but not the ticket). This would allow me board plane but most likely have difficulties with customs. I could always do this and then book final leg from osaka to cairns in my name. Has anyone experience this???
Any help here is greatly appreciated, this evening has been one of the most stressful of my life, I actually collapsed with I was told I could not get refunded or change name on ticket.
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Cheap Booking 1-800-273-3602 Turkish Airlines Economy Class Flights
- 2 Air Berlin flight rebooking fiasco
- 3 Hypothetical question
- 4 Would you use frequent flier miles for an Alitalia ticket for next May?
- 5 "This route is pending regulatory approval."
- 6 Headphones on planes
- 7 redress number question
- 8 London to Morocco/stopover; Passport? Ideas?
- 9 Has anyone flown Wow Air from the east coast to Paris?
- 10 Getting Seat Assignments on Iberia (American Airlines Ticket)
- 11 Customs, Immigration, Passport Control
- 12 Seeking feedback on Royal Air Maroc nonstop IAD-CAS
- 13 Detroit to London to Croatia
- 14 Toronto to Malaga to Toulon to Athens then back to Toronto via Malaga!
- 15 Fastest route between JFK terminal 8 AA and JFK terminal 5 JetBlue
- 16 Segment-by-segment searching for award travel? t
- 17 Best time to book internationsl flights on United, using FF miles
- 18 Does anyone know what's happening with United in November?
- 19 From Riyadh, (KSA) to London, (UK)
- 20 Bravofly issue
- 21 How Many Stamps in Your Passport?
- 22 AA Aadvantage Website is Making Me CRAZY!!!
- 23 First time traveler in need of serious advices
- 24 Is it worth looking into a travel agent for booking flights?
- 25 Connecting through Pearson (Europe-USA) on 2 tickets