I am due to fly out to Cairns on Monday with emirates and jet star, booked through ebookers.
Today I was concerned about the Dublin Airport strike and contacted emirates. There I was told that the seat was booked in my Mothers name.
I accept that it was my mistake, bought the flight with mothers credit card as my limit was too low and never checked the details that they sent me fully!!
I then called Ebookers to change the ticket name.
This is when I was told that the name could not be changed and it would be necessary to cancel booking. Bit of a shock to me.
Knowing that I was not going to get the full value I asked what the amount which I would be, expecting 60%-80% of value paid.
I was told 4%. Actually hit the floor. Did not accept the offer obviously.
Asked to speak with a supervisor who assured me nothing could be done.
I then called emirates who informed me that the first two flights (with emirates) were refundable and the the third (with jetstar) was not and that I am entitled to a 57% refund off them. But have to go through ebookers.
On calling ebookers back they still assured me the I was only entitled to 4%. I asked to speak to manager who yet again assured me.
I then requested that the manager called emirates with the information I had just given him. When he called me back he could not confirm if I was yet entitled to a refund higher than 4%. Waiting for office to open tomorrow
Another option was to change the flight info to my name (but not the ticket). This would allow me board plane but most likely have difficulties with customs. I could always do this and then book final leg from osaka to cairns in my name. Has anyone experience this???
Any help here is greatly appreciated, this evening has been one of the most stressful of my life, I actually collapsed with I was told I could not get refunded or change name on ticket.
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Expired License and TSA
- 2 Poster tubes as carry-on
- 3 Purchasing a flight from Barcelona to Lisbon
- 4 ATL, nice cafe outside secure zone
- 5 1hr 10min connection at GDG do-able?
- 6 The life of lost luggage
- 7 My 777 seat doesn't appear on maps
- 8 Getting bumped from Premium Economy on Delta/KLM
- 9 Valentin Fritzmann : Symphony performances in Paris?
- 10 Review of Air France Premium Economy
- 11 Beware of Bravofly
- 12 International Connecting Flights
- 13 Transit at Istanbul Ataturk
- 14 Austrian Air Budapest Vienna Vienna Dubrovnik
- 15 I have never flown Ryanair
- 16 Open Skies, La Compagnie, and XL Airways
- 17 Which terminal at newark?
- 18 Booked on United with codes share to Europe/No seat reservation allowed
- 19 French Riv to Marbella : sky-tours
- 20 New Orleans to Beijing
- 21 USAir/AA - December flight
- 22 Coach on United 767-400
- 23 Help me choose a flight - connection times in Paris
- 24 When to book?
- 25 NYC to Hawaii...best way to go?