I am due to fly out to Cairns on Monday with emirates and jet star, booked through ebookers.
Today I was concerned about the Dublin Airport strike and contacted emirates. There I was told that the seat was booked in my Mothers name.
I accept that it was my mistake, bought the flight with mothers credit card as my limit was too low and never checked the details that they sent me fully!!
I then called Ebookers to change the ticket name.
This is when I was told that the name could not be changed and it would be necessary to cancel booking. Bit of a shock to me.
Knowing that I was not going to get the full value I asked what the amount which I would be, expecting 60%-80% of value paid.
I was told 4%. Actually hit the floor. Did not accept the offer obviously.
Asked to speak with a supervisor who assured me nothing could be done.
I then called emirates who informed me that the first two flights (with emirates) were refundable and the the third (with jetstar) was not and that I am entitled to a 57% refund off them. But have to go through ebookers.
On calling ebookers back they still assured me the I was only entitled to 4%. I asked to speak to manager who yet again assured me.
I then requested that the manager called emirates with the information I had just given him. When he called me back he could not confirm if I was yet entitled to a refund higher than 4%. Waiting for office to open tomorrow
Another option was to change the flight info to my name (but not the ticket). This would allow me board plane but most likely have difficulties with customs. I could always do this and then book final leg from osaka to cairns in my name. Has anyone experience this???
Any help here is greatly appreciated, this evening has been one of the most stressful of my life, I actually collapsed with I was told I could not get refunded or change name on ticket.
- 1 AA/US merger - details on Oneworld, frequent flyer integration
- 2 Using AA miles to Tasmania in spring 2014?
- 3 Business Class Dilemma. Newbie. Please Help!
- 4 For United Frequent Fliers: How will you get to Bangkok now?
- 5 Does FRA offer "golf cart" type transfers for mobility impaired?
- 6 Booking FF Tixs on USAIR
- 7 Subject to Government Approval?
- 8 Gate Check Question
- 9 Trying again to get away. End of the year sometimes
- 10 Alaska when to book complicated trip
- 11 Should I switch from AMEX/Delta to say VISA/United?
- 12 JFK terminal 5 to 7
- 13 Worst US airline?
- 14 Asthma and Perfume on a Plane
- 15 Buying business and coach tickets
- 16 Lufthansa one-way prices
- 17 Global Entry Program and TSA PreCheck Question
- 18 Is $361 per person reasonable SLC-Orlando
- 19 Best time to purchase ticket to Orlando from Salt Lake travel end of May?
- 20 Were you "stupid" to buy AA stocks ~2 years ago?
- 21 Medallion status after AA/USAIR merger
- 22 Beware of Bravofly
- 23 Virgin Atlantic Economy - Changeable?
- 24 Premium Economy on Quantas vs. Business Class on Delta?
- 25 Deceptive Airtran Bump Reimbursement