I am due to fly out to Cairns on Monday with emirates and jet star, booked through ebookers.
Today I was concerned about the Dublin Airport strike and contacted emirates. There I was told that the seat was booked in my Mothers name.
I accept that it was my mistake, bought the flight with mothers credit card as my limit was too low and never checked the details that they sent me fully!!
I then called Ebookers to change the ticket name.
This is when I was told that the name could not be changed and it would be necessary to cancel booking. Bit of a shock to me.
Knowing that I was not going to get the full value I asked what the amount which I would be, expecting 60%-80% of value paid.
I was told 4%. Actually hit the floor. Did not accept the offer obviously.
Asked to speak with a supervisor who assured me nothing could be done.
I then called emirates who informed me that the first two flights (with emirates) were refundable and the the third (with jetstar) was not and that I am entitled to a 57% refund off them. But have to go through ebookers.
On calling ebookers back they still assured me the I was only entitled to 4%. I asked to speak to manager who yet again assured me.
I then requested that the manager called emirates with the information I had just given him. When he called me back he could not confirm if I was yet entitled to a refund higher than 4%. Waiting for office to open tomorrow
Another option was to change the flight info to my name (but not the ticket). This would allow me board plane but most likely have difficulties with customs. I could always do this and then book final leg from osaka to cairns in my name. Has anyone experience this???
Any help here is greatly appreciated, this evening has been one of the most stressful of my life, I actually collapsed with I was told I could not get refunded or change name on ticket.
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Bad and last experience on Air Namibia
- 2 Cheap flights to Europe from Pittsburg
- 3 Consolidators for Biz Class - has any one used one?
- 4 BA not to fly to serve anymore.
- 5 Medication Sleep Aid for 30+ Hours Travel
- 6 How to figure out the cost of a trip when purchasing insurance.
- 7 Airtreks and Bootsnall
- 8 Miami International Airport
- 9 T4 (AA) remodel at LAX
- 10 What should I know about flying Southwest?
- 11 Complimentary upgrades on Delta with companion
- 12 Question on checkin for international
- 13 travelling with ensure
- 14 Connection time
- 15 Flight from Athens to Santorini?
- 16 Connecting in Toronto for return to US
- 17 Award travel and fees
- 18 Arlanda connecting flight Intl to oslo Customs??
- 19 PHL layover
- 20 Is there a best day to book an international flight? a best day to fly?
- 21 searching for flights on Kayak
- 22 PHL-CDG airline change with checked bags (less than 2 hrs) HELP!!!
- 23 U.K. Registered Traveler vs Fast Track
- 24 Booking with airline vs. Orbitz or Priceline
- 25 Which site to use (or not) to book airfare