I'm new here and have a silly question that I hope the experience travelers can answer. I'm going on vacation to Italy on United. I bought my ticket on the United site going from San Francisco (SFO) to Milan, Italy (MXP) with a 2 hours layover in Newark, NJ (EWR). The trip is on one itinerary.
The first leg is from SFO to EWR, and then after a 2 1/2 hour layover, EWR to MXP. Both legs are on United.
I'd been told differently so I hope you all can help. When I check in at SFO, do I check in at the International terminal since the end destination is Milan, or do I check in at the domestic terminal since the first leg is domestic. It doesn't make sense to check in at the international terminal since the first leg is domestic. Why check in at the international terminal and then have to go to the domestic terminal for the first flight? I would think I would check in at the domestic terminal, and they would check my bag all the way through to Milan, and check my passport. However, when I spoke with United, they told me I need to go to the International Terminal. Not sure if the rep was giving me correct information but hoping you can give me your advice and experience.
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 What should I know about flying Southwest?
- 2 Ideas for stop over from MAUI to BOS
- 3 Do you get miles with upgraded Econ. fare
- 4 Wedding + Honeymoon (Toronto / Sao Paulo / Male)
- 5 Documents for E-tickets?
- 6 Qantas A380 vs 744 in economy
- 7 More cheap transatlantic flights coming
- 8 Getting Global entry interview appointment
- 9 IAD connection time of 1 hour 5 minutes for flight to Copenhagen.
- 10 Miami Airport-clearing customs question
- 11 Enough time
- 12 Flight Review – Vancouver to Hong Kong – Air Canada – Business Class
- 13 American Airines - Bad plane going; No plane coming back
- 14 UA New (?) Economy Class Fare
- 15 Fare searches with flexible dates.
- 16 BA economy premiun seats
- 17 BA not to fly to serve anymore.
- 18 JFK Time Between Terminals?
- 19 British Airways headphones/earbuds
- 20 Book inter-Europe as part of open-jaw?
- 21 Which site to use (or not) to book airfare
- 22 Voice calls during flights?
- 23 Flying through Istanbul onto Montenego-Safety?
- 24 altitude sickness on a plane?
- 25 Atlanta Immigration & Customs