I'm new here and have a silly question that I hope the experience travelers can answer. I'm going on vacation to Italy on United. I bought my ticket on the United site going from San Francisco (SFO) to Milan, Italy (MXP) with a 2 hours layover in Newark, NJ (EWR). The trip is on one itinerary.
The first leg is from SFO to EWR, and then after a 2 1/2 hour layover, EWR to MXP. Both legs are on United.
I'd been told differently so I hope you all can help. When I check in at SFO, do I check in at the International terminal since the end destination is Milan, or do I check in at the domestic terminal since the first leg is domestic. It doesn't make sense to check in at the international terminal since the first leg is domestic. Why check in at the international terminal and then have to go to the domestic terminal for the first flight? I would think I would check in at the domestic terminal, and they would check my bag all the way through to Milan, and check my passport. However, when I spoke with United, they told me I need to go to the International Terminal. Not sure if the rep was giving me correct information but hoping you can give me your advice and experience.
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Traveling to Spain in March
- 2 Scandinavian SAS Plus
- 3 Connection Time at Heathrow.
- 4 UA New (?) Economy Class Fare
- 5 Google Flights ?
- 6 Jat Airlines? (AKA Serbia Airlines?)
- 7 Lufthansa or Condor Air
- 8 Norwegian Air - What's the catch?
- 9 LAX Domestic to Int'l Connx
- 10 Flying through Istanbul onto Montenego-Safety?
- 11 Premium Economy Virgin Atlantic
- 12 Help with Seats on KLM Flight
- 13 FLL Navigating Fort Lauderdale airport
- 14 Logging into my Aadvantage account
- 15 Does a OneWorld Explorer ticket make sense?
- 16 Flying "Backwards"
- 17 Europe (Lisbon) to Miami: Iberia or Lufthansa in terms of cabin comfort?
- 18 Asking for a sandwich in lieu of a hot meal
- 19 Reclining Seats in BA Premium Econ?
- 20 Delta and Virgin
- 21 Cancellation of Thai Airway return trip ticket
- 22 Newark connection
- 23 connection in jfk for only 90 minutes
- 24 Which airline for Paris/Nice?
- 25 Ticket spelling error with Orbitz