I'm new here and have a silly question that I hope the experience travelers can answer. I'm going on vacation to Italy on United. I bought my ticket on the United site going from San Francisco (SFO) to Milan, Italy (MXP) with a 2 hours layover in Newark, NJ (EWR). The trip is on one itinerary.
The first leg is from SFO to EWR, and then after a 2 1/2 hour layover, EWR to MXP. Both legs are on United.
I'd been told differently so I hope you all can help. When I check in at SFO, do I check in at the International terminal since the end destination is Milan, or do I check in at the domestic terminal since the first leg is domestic. It doesn't make sense to check in at the international terminal since the first leg is domestic. Why check in at the international terminal and then have to go to the domestic terminal for the first flight? I would think I would check in at the domestic terminal, and they would check my bag all the way through to Milan, and check my passport. However, when I spoke with United, they told me I need to go to the International Terminal. Not sure if the rep was giving me correct information but hoping you can give me your advice and experience.
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 What should I know about flying Southwest?
- 2 Complimentary upgrades on Delta with companion
- 3 Medication Sleep Aid for 30+ Hours Travel
- 4 Miami International Airport
- 5 Question on checkin for international
- 6 travelling with ensure
- 7 BA not to fly to serve anymore.
- 8 Connection time
- 9 Flight from Athens to Santorini?
- 10 Connecting in Toronto for return to US
- 11 Award travel and fees
- 12 Arlanda connecting flight Intl to oslo Customs??
- 13 PHL layover
- 14 How to figure out the cost of a trip when purchasing insurance.
- 15 Is there a best day to book an international flight? a best day to fly?
- 16 searching for flights on Kayak
- 17 PHL-CDG airline change with checked bags (less than 2 hrs) HELP!!!
- 18 U.K. Registered Traveler vs Fast Track
- 19 Booking with airline vs. Orbitz or Priceline
- 20 Which site to use (or not) to book airfare
- 21 Purchasing third coach seat for two passengers on international flight
- 22 Renewal of Global Entry
- 23 added cost on BA tickets
- 24 transfer at LHR or CDG
- 25 American Airlines, Iberia, British Airways