I'm new here and have a silly question that I hope the experience travelers can answer. I'm going on vacation to Italy on United. I bought my ticket on the United site going from San Francisco (SFO) to Milan, Italy (MXP) with a 2 hours layover in Newark, NJ (EWR). The trip is on one itinerary.
The first leg is from SFO to EWR, and then after a 2 1/2 hour layover, EWR to MXP. Both legs are on United.
I'd been told differently so I hope you all can help. When I check in at SFO, do I check in at the International terminal since the end destination is Milan, or do I check in at the domestic terminal since the first leg is domestic. It doesn't make sense to check in at the international terminal since the first leg is domestic. Why check in at the international terminal and then have to go to the domestic terminal for the first flight? I would think I would check in at the domestic terminal, and they would check my bag all the way through to Milan, and check my passport. However, when I spoke with United, they told me I need to go to the International Terminal. Not sure if the rep was giving me correct information but hoping you can give me your advice and experience.
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 https://musclebuildingbuy.com/strongmen-male-enhancement/
- 2 What has become of AA flights to Europe? All BA now.
- 3 Has using FF miles on AA got a lot harder?
- 4 Quick trip to attain frequent flyer status
- 5 Toronto to Europe - Open Jaw Prices
- 6 Can a person buy two seats on the same flight for just
- 7 Transfer to Vermont from JFK
- 8 Combining star alliance tickets if purchased separately.
- 9 how to use rewards for upgrades
- 10 Lufthansa luggage limitations
- 11 Tramadol
- 12 easyJet westard-ho
- 13 Help with JFK to VTE flights
- 14 Transiting through FRA
- 15 Best time to book internationsl flights on United, using FF miles
- 16 Why is Malaysian air SO HIGH!!
- 17 Air Berlin Going Out of Business
- 18 question about changing terminals
- 19 Customs/Baggage Claim in Athens Greece Question
- 20 Group Travel on Southwest
- 21 delta arrival virgin atlantic departure at Atlanta
- 22 BA short turnaround time
- 23 Changng a Delta Code Share with KLM
- 24 helli
- 25 redress number question