I'm new here and have a silly question that I hope the experience travelers can answer. I'm going on vacation to Italy on United. I bought my ticket on the United site going from San Francisco (SFO) to Milan, Italy (MXP) with a 2 hours layover in Newark, NJ (EWR). The trip is on one itinerary.
The first leg is from SFO to EWR, and then after a 2 1/2 hour layover, EWR to MXP. Both legs are on United.
I'd been told differently so I hope you all can help. When I check in at SFO, do I check in at the International terminal since the end destination is Milan, or do I check in at the domestic terminal since the first leg is domestic. It doesn't make sense to check in at the international terminal since the first leg is domestic. Why check in at the international terminal and then have to go to the domestic terminal for the first flight? I would think I would check in at the domestic terminal, and they would check my bag all the way through to Milan, and check my passport. However, when I spoke with United, they told me I need to go to the International Terminal. Not sure if the rep was giving me correct information but hoping you can give me your advice and experience.
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 http://realcoloncleansingworks.com/testoflex-advanced/
- 2 Separate tickets with only carry ons -- do I have to go through customs?
- 3 Check your electronics or fly American
- 4 Priority Pass - Worth It?
- 5 Sea-Tac Virgin Atlantic flight
- 6 Flying through Casablanca
- 7 How to book YYZ-ZRH-NBO-YYZ ?
- 8 what if connecting flight cancels
- 9 enough time for this flight?
- 10 Qantas FF access to Emirates lounge CDG?
- 11 aRound-The-World for less than $/€ 1,200
- 12 EasyJet
- 13 TSA OR Global Entry
- 14 How to figure out the cost of a trip when purchasing insurance.
- 15 "This route is pending regulatory approval."
- 16 Medication Sleep Aid for 30+ Hours Travel
- 17 U.K. Registered Traveler vs Fast Track
- 18 How do you get from terminal 8 to terminal 2 at JFK airport?
- 19 Amsterdam flight change
- 20 AA FF flights
- 21 Consolidators for Biz Class - has any one used one?
- 22 Delta/Virgin Atlantic carryon sizes
- 23 Ways to stay entertained at Toronto Airport
- 24 Compensation after engine fire, 2 day delay
- 25 Europe's LCC routes - lots of changes!