I may follow up this post with a specific question/situation but, for now, have a general question. Is there a way to find out, perhaps from the FAA or the DOT whether the departure/arrival times being advertised by a smaller airline are legitimate? Case in point: there is a start-up airline offering superb departure times for a certain daily flight (which is not scheduled to start until a few months from now) out of JFK. I have reason to believe that they do not have this departure slot approved and are just using this as a bait and that, at some point, they will just announce drastically different departure time (at which point most people - they hope - will still decide to stick with this airline as it will be too late or prohibitively expensive to look for alternatives). Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Global Entry application status question
- 2 Customs question
- 3 Royal Air Moroc Reviews
- 4 "under the seat space"
- 5 United Mileage plus upgrade waitlist?
- 6 Contact # for Delta
- 7 Using american voucher
- 8 United or Air France? (Business class)
- 9 Beware the Frankfurt Airport
- 10 Can a person buy two seats on the same flight for just
- 11 Southwest boarding
- 12 is RMB necessary for layover in Chinese airport
- 13 BUD to ZRH to USA
- 14 Starting my Planning
- 15 Another kid-on-the-plane story
- 16 Heathrow Terminal 5
- 17 RE minimum transfer time Schiphol!
- 18 What has become of AA flights to Europe? All BA now.
- 19 Transfer to Vermont from JFK
- 20 UA Carry-On Policy
- 21 Has using FF miles on AA got a lot harder?
- 22 Customs and Connection Times
- 23 BA short turnaround time
- 24 Best airport lounge at Narita?
- 25 Quick trip to attain frequent flyer status