Air Travel Forums

Post New Topic

Recent Activity

View all Air Travel activity »
  1. 1 http://garciniacambogiavibeadvice.com/primo-garcinia/
  2. 2 International arrival - easiest airport for connection?
  3. 3 Checked Luggage on Separate Tickets
  4. 4 Carry on
  5. 5 LAX Terminal Reshuffle
  6. 6 WestJet to add budget line
  7. 7 JetBlue Hub in Fort Lauderdale
  8. 8 gate distance
  9. 9 When can the pilot turn off the fasten seatbelt sign
  10. 10 Luggage Newark - Houston - Belize and back
  11. 11 Luggage tag
  12. 12 Premium Economy - Air France vs Lufthansa
  13. 13 Departing FCO
  14. 14 carryon fee on international flights?
  15. 15 Incomplete first name on international ticket
  16. 16 FCO - CDG - SFO connection
  17. 17 Medication Sleep Aid for 30+ Hours Travel
  18. 18 Changing terminals in Philadelphia
  19. 19 AirAsia not accepting payment
  20. 20 enough time for this flight?
  21. 21 live in Seattle and dreaming of London? Norwegian arrives Sept!
  22. 22 5 hour layover in Toronto (YYZ). Can I leave airport?
  23. 23 Passport suffix
  24. 24 Separate tickets with only carry ons -- do I have to go through customs?
  25. 25 Check your electronics or fly American
View next 25 » Back to the top

Crystal ball time - when to buy tix to Uganda for 6/2013

I know, I know -- there's no way to tell. But if anyone has an instinct will you please share? It will be from PHL-EBB. Dates are flexible in June (or could be July if air would be cheaper but I think if anything it will be higher).

I want to wait to book a safari until after I have air reservations just on the chance that there's a big difference in price from one day or one week to the next. I would hate to lock in safari dates first and then work around them in case of that. BUT on the flip side I want to book the safari as soon as possible because of a limited number of gorilla permits being available on any given day.

So I'm not sure if the answer is book the land portion now and then wait, say, 90 days after flights are released for next June and then buy air -- knowing those are definite dates no matter what flights/prices are available. Or if it's pretty much a good guess that whatever price they first come out at they will not dip much lower I'd go ahead and reserve flights asap to avoid worries about not getting the flights I want, etc.

Reading back over that it's very confusing, sorry! I just don't want to be a sucker and buy our tix the first day they come out if historically they dip a good bit. But at the same time I can't afford to not get there and that destination is limited with the number of flights/seats so maybe if they start selling the price will only go up and I need to just go ahead and bite the bullet.

So if anyone has any inkling I'd appreciate hearing your thoughts. Or if I'm on my own on this I understand and I'll just flip a coin!

No Replies |Back to top

Sign in to comment.

Advertisement