I have only flown non-direct flights once in the past and next week I will for the second time and I fear that I won't make it in time between two connecting flights.
This is my itinerary:
IB 7867 Tel Aviv 06:00 to Madrid 10:30
AA 5673 Madrid 12:00 to Miami 15:30
AA 2139 Miami 20:00 to Cancun 20:35
As you can see, between landing in Madrid and departing Madrid I have 90 minutes. In both flights I am booked under Iberia, but both flights are operated by ELAL and American Airlines.
In the one connection flight I flew in the past it was 2 flights, both were Alitalia flights and both booked through alitalia website so my luggage was checked all the way from the departing country to my destination and I didn't need to claim the baggage before the connecting flight and check it again.
This time, it's booked with an agent from Argentina and I have no way of really know how will it work. Will Iberia be transferring my luggage from one airplane to the other? Or do I need to go out, take my luggage in baggage claim and re-check it again with passport control and security check and all? Because if I need to claim it and re-check it, there's a good chance I won't make it to the connecting flight...
I would appreciate any help from personal knowledge and experience.
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 AOL*MAIL User CONTACT ☎1:8OO--385 *4895 aol MAIL 24*7
- 2 SFO runway closures ?
- 3 W0W : AOL MAIL Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:855/999 *8045 aol MAIL 24*7
- 4 AA from PHL to LIH for Seniors
- 5 Question
- 6 Excellent Experience on Singapore Airlines Long Haul cattle class
- 7 got bumped-how full was flight?
- 8 Help!
- 9 A horror story about Justfly
- 10 Amaszonas Airlines
- 11 El Salvador plane change
- 12 Would you rather...KEF vs ARN Layover
- 13 You gotta love Southwest
- 14 Vancouver Ariport lounges?
- 15 Picking a seat on Virgin
- 16 Condor phone number???
- 17 Condor flight check-in, seat selection, bag check, etc help?
- 18 Connection time
- 19 Anyone need round trip tickets to France / Barcelona
- 20 Priceline BA Flight on AA Codeshare Questions
- 21 Carry on
- 22 Upgraded; will it stick?
- 23 LAX Terminal Reshuffle
- 24 When can the pilot turn off the fasten seatbelt sign
- 25 International trip to Zurich, in parts...?