I have only flown non-direct flights once in the past and next week I will for the second time and I fear that I won't make it in time between two connecting flights.
This is my itinerary:
IB 7867 Tel Aviv 06:00 to Madrid 10:30
AA 5673 Madrid 12:00 to Miami 15:30
AA 2139 Miami 20:00 to Cancun 20:35
As you can see, between landing in Madrid and departing Madrid I have 90 minutes. In both flights I am booked under Iberia, but both flights are operated by ELAL and American Airlines.
In the one connection flight I flew in the past it was 2 flights, both were Alitalia flights and both booked through alitalia website so my luggage was checked all the way from the departing country to my destination and I didn't need to claim the baggage before the connecting flight and check it again.
This time, it's booked with an agent from Argentina and I have no way of really know how will it work. Will Iberia be transferring my luggage from one airplane to the other? Or do I need to go out, take my luggage in baggage claim and re-check it again with passport control and security check and all? Because if I need to claim it and re-check it, there's a good chance I won't make it to the connecting flight...
I would appreciate any help from personal knowledge and experience.
Connection flight in Madrid and baggage
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Sleeping pills for long haul flights
- 2 Best Airline for Trip to Istanbul
- 3 What to pack in your "personal item" for an overseas flight
- 4 Visas and flight diversions
- 5 Singapore Airlines vs Emirates
- 6 Half Empty Airliner
- 7 AA or BA to OSL
- 8 Non Refundable Tickets
- 9 Scarcity of award travel in July on United Airlines
- 10 A Entire Area Blocked Off?
- 11 AA and USair
- 12 Multi-city pricing and strategy
- 13 Ailine security- a strange question
- 14 Paris-London-Dublin
- 15 Orbitz or Cheaptickets or Priceline via Kayak?
- 16 Should I purchase now?
- 17 Flight not always appearing on United website
- 18 Curious...ORD to NAN
- 19 Not showing up for a connecting flight - to tell or not to tell?
- 20 Duty Free Liquor
- 21 United to enforce carry-on size limits
- 22 definition of internationl "secure" area with international airports
- 23 Beware of Bravofly
- 24 Travelling with a less than pristine passport
- 25 Traveling to Germany can i carry Pickles & Sweets in the checked In Luggage