I was on BA103 Heathrow to Calgary (yyc) on April 3, 2012. When we took off there was a big bang, then there was smoke and fire alarms and everything. The plane was on fire. We circled dumped fuel and had an emergency landing. Then 5 hours later we got on a new plane, new crew and 1 hr into the 9 hour flight we lost complete power. No tv's, no lights nothing. They decided to keep flying and not turn around. Then when we finally got to Calgary we found out because of the cargo fire all our luggage was soaking wet.
BA has come back with a compensation of only $400 travel credit. It was originally $200 but I told them it wasn't good enough and I still haven't taken the credit. That is it. I was flying in first class too so my ticket was extremely pricey for the trip of a life time.
What can I go back to BA with? Has anyone else had this problem?
I was coming from Oslo Norway via London back home to Calgary.
Compensation help - BA 103 caught fire on take off!
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Flying Air Canada: Frankfurt-Toronto-Houston
- 2 "The airport has no ballast - you have to get off"
- 3 Anyone used webjet.com?
- 4 SAS Airlines from SFO to CDG
- 5 Taxes and carrier-imposed fees - EXORBITANT!
- 6 How to get to JFK from Connecticut without driving
- 7 Booked on United with codes share to Europe/No seat reservation allowed
- 8 upgrading flights
- 9 Carryon allowances for US flights...have they changed?
- 10 Airfare for direct flight from Boston (BOS) to Paris (CDG) in April
- 11 SFO-ORD-BRU: 40 minutes changeover at ORD??
- 12 Any advice for flying on Spirit to Guatemala?
- 13 Hiw Much Time to get Thru Customs & Immigration at IAH
- 14 Kayak monthly search feature gone?
- 15 Manchester vs London flights from the US
- 16 Int. min time for connection @ ORD
- 17 can you suggest items for "care kit" for first time flyer?
- 18 Questions re. connecting in Toronto for a Europe flight
- 19 Sharing an excellent experience
- 20 Tiger Airways--Is it Really that Bad?
- 21 Fly home from Maldives or Mumbai?
- 22 Checked bag allowance for International travel
- 23 Air Canada - Vancouver-Montreal-QuebecCity
- 24 Gimpy Geezer and Wife Fly Air France A380 Premium Economy from DC to Europe
- 25 Jetstar Business Class