I was on BA103 Heathrow to Calgary (yyc) on April 3, 2012. When we took off there was a big bang, then there was smoke and fire alarms and everything. The plane was on fire. We circled dumped fuel and had an emergency landing. Then 5 hours later we got on a new plane, new crew and 1 hr into the 9 hour flight we lost complete power. No tv's, no lights nothing. They decided to keep flying and not turn around. Then when we finally got to Calgary we found out because of the cargo fire all our luggage was soaking wet.
BA has come back with a compensation of only $400 travel credit. It was originally $200 but I told them it wasn't good enough and I still haven't taken the credit. That is it. I was flying in first class too so my ticket was extremely pricey for the trip of a life time.
What can I go back to BA with? Has anyone else had this problem?
I was coming from Oslo Norway via London back home to Calgary.
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 http://dietplanusa.com/elite-male-extra/
- 2 Separate tickets with only carry ons -- do I have to go through customs?
- 3 Check your electronics or fly American
- 4 New airfare aggregator Concorde.io
- 5 EasyJet
- 6 Priority Pass - Worth It?
- 7 Sea-Tac Virgin Atlantic flight
- 8 Flying through Casablanca
- 9 How to book YYZ-ZRH-NBO-YYZ ?
- 10 what if connecting flight cancels
- 11 enough time for this flight?
- 12 Qantas FF access to Emirates lounge CDG?
- 13 aRound-The-World for less than $/€ 1,200
- 14 TSA OR Global Entry
- 15 How to figure out the cost of a trip when purchasing insurance.
- 16 "This route is pending regulatory approval."
- 17 Medication Sleep Aid for 30+ Hours Travel
- 18 U.K. Registered Traveler vs Fast Track
- 19 How do you get from terminal 8 to terminal 2 at JFK airport?
- 20 Amsterdam flight change
- 21 AA FF flights
- 22 Consolidators for Biz Class - has any one used one?
- 23 Delta/Virgin Atlantic carryon sizes
- 24 Ways to stay entertained at Toronto Airport
- 25 Compensation after engine fire, 2 day delay