I was on BA103 Heathrow to Calgary (yyc) on April 3, 2012. When we took off there was a big bang, then there was smoke and fire alarms and everything. The plane was on fire. We circled dumped fuel and had an emergency landing. Then 5 hours later we got on a new plane, new crew and 1 hr into the 9 hour flight we lost complete power. No tv's, no lights nothing. They decided to keep flying and not turn around. Then when we finally got to Calgary we found out because of the cargo fire all our luggage was soaking wet.
BA has come back with a compensation of only $400 travel credit. It was originally $200 but I told them it wasn't good enough and I still haven't taken the credit. That is it. I was flying in first class too so my ticket was extremely pricey for the trip of a life time.
What can I go back to BA with? Has anyone else had this problem?
I was coming from Oslo Norway via London back home to Calgary.
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 United equipment change
- 2 Alitalia - Carry on luggage?
- 3 Several Day Layover in London
- 4 Thai Business Class BKK-NRT; ANA Business Class NRT-SEA
- 5 I miss USAirways
- 6 Major revisions to AAdvantage frequent flyer program
- 7 BA Seat Selection
- 8 layovers and luggage
- 9 AA First class LAX to NRT
- 10 Southwest "Honors" the Military
- 11 Flying from US with a prearranged VOA for Vietnam
- 12 Bravofly now doing an old scam again?
- 13 Asiana Business class SEA-ICN; Thai Air business class ICN-BKK
- 14 Any experience with #Mobile Passport?
- 15 Short layovers doable from Seattle to Peru?
- 16 Mileage Expiration
- 17 List of fares from MCI
- 18 China Airlines (the one with the pink flower symbol)
- 19 Orbitz? FlightHub? Cheapoair?
- 20 Qatar Airways - Terrible Customer Service
- 21 Hong Kong Air vs China Eastern?
- 22 Istanbul (Sabiha Gökçen) to Frankfurt–Turkish Airlines–Business Class
- 23 Is there a way to track my personal flight travel history?
- 24 Traveling to Dubai for first time
- 25 Business class for honeymoon from Seattle to Paris