I was on BA103 Heathrow to Calgary (yyc) on April 3, 2012. When we took off there was a big bang, then there was smoke and fire alarms and everything. The plane was on fire. We circled dumped fuel and had an emergency landing. Then 5 hours later we got on a new plane, new crew and 1 hr into the 9 hour flight we lost complete power. No tv's, no lights nothing. They decided to keep flying and not turn around. Then when we finally got to Calgary we found out because of the cargo fire all our luggage was soaking wet.
BA has come back with a compensation of only $400 travel credit. It was originally $200 but I told them it wasn't good enough and I still haven't taken the credit. That is it. I was flying in first class too so my ticket was extremely pricey for the trip of a life time.
What can I go back to BA with? Has anyone else had this problem?
I was coming from Oslo Norway via London back home to Calgary.
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Airline sold ticket with short connection
- 2 First time, Best Business class?
- 3 international flight luggage pick-up waiting time
- 4 Instant Cold Compress and TSA
- 5 Praise for Delta One
- 6 Boarding US-bound Flight with Expired Green Card
- 7 Domestic layover on an international flight
- 8 Caution while booking a ticket on rcg.se
- 9 Transiting in Nadi Airport, Fiji
- 10 Southwest and pax rights
- 11 Intl flight with connection at EWR question
- 12 Canceled Flight Compensation
- 13 A horror story about Justfly
- 14 Connecting flight through Amsterdam
- 15 Long layover in PHL
- 16 Good air fare?
- 17 American vs United
- 18 Which airport for connection to/from Europe?
- 19 immigration passport control
- 20 Unable to Purchase on Spirit Airline?
- 21 IAH layover time
- 22 Immigration Control When Connecting Through Europe
- 23 CDG Air France flight connection to Madrid
- 24 How Would You Rate Iberia Air Customer Service?
- 25 The Top 100 Airlines