I was on BA103 Heathrow to Calgary (yyc) on April 3, 2012. When we took off there was a big bang, then there was smoke and fire alarms and everything. The plane was on fire. We circled dumped fuel and had an emergency landing. Then 5 hours later we got on a new plane, new crew and 1 hr into the 9 hour flight we lost complete power. No tv's, no lights nothing. They decided to keep flying and not turn around. Then when we finally got to Calgary we found out because of the cargo fire all our luggage was soaking wet.
BA has come back with a compensation of only $400 travel credit. It was originally $200 but I told them it wasn't good enough and I still haven't taken the credit. That is it. I was flying in first class too so my ticket was extremely pricey for the trip of a life time.
What can I go back to BA with? Has anyone else had this problem?
I was coming from Oslo Norway via London back home to Calgary.
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Tipping for Wheelchair Assistance
- 2 Toronto-Atlanta-Fort Walton Beach
- 3 Norwegian Airlines through Expedia
- 4 Global Entry advice
- 5 Discount Airlines Ok?
- 6 TXL or FRA?
- 7 Does a OneWorld Explorer ticket make sense?
- 8 Fly Royal Jordanian BKK to HKG?
- 9 The Big Black X at U.S. Immigration
- 10 Please tell me about RyanAir and EasyJet
- 11 Overnight Layover at LaGuardia
- 12 Istanbul Airport is Horrible
- 13 Need Advice about Ticket Price Drop
- 14 Thomas Cook Airlines PREMIUM ECONOMY from JFK-MAN return - WORTH IT?
- 15 Beach Ball headrest?
- 16 compensation for loosing a bag
- 17 Cancelling an AA miles ticket
- 18 RTW Routing Guidance
- 19 JFK or EWR?
- 20 Transit time at Narita, Tokyo. Is 1h 5m do-able?
- 21 Best Premium Economy to Copenhagen from DTW
- 22 Virgin Vs. Delta BOS-LHR
- 23 Gifting AA miles
- 24 How do I book AA award flights using two different account numbers?
- 25 WOW paying for an assigned seat!