I was on BA103 Heathrow to Calgary (yyc) on April 3, 2012. When we took off there was a big bang, then there was smoke and fire alarms and everything. The plane was on fire. We circled dumped fuel and had an emergency landing. Then 5 hours later we got on a new plane, new crew and 1 hr into the 9 hour flight we lost complete power. No tv's, no lights nothing. They decided to keep flying and not turn around. Then when we finally got to Calgary we found out because of the cargo fire all our luggage was soaking wet.
BA has come back with a compensation of only $400 travel credit. It was originally $200 but I told them it wasn't good enough and I still haven't taken the credit. That is it. I was flying in first class too so my ticket was extremely pricey for the trip of a life time.
What can I go back to BA with? Has anyone else had this problem?
I was coming from Oslo Norway via London back home to Calgary.
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 MCAFEE 1:800-681-7208 Installation :MCAFEE tec*h supp0rt contact tec*h 24*7
- 2 zoho 1888:260:2909 password reset contact Tec*h supp0rt 24/7
- 3 hushmail Installation Contact 1:800:681:7208 hushmail Tec*h car*e 24/7
- 4 Connecting flight in heathrow--2 hours
- 5 Royal Air Moroc Reviews
- 6 Traveling with two passports, with different names.
- 7 United or Air France? (Business class)
- 8 Global Entry application status question
- 9 Customs question
- 10 "under the seat space"
- 11 United Mileage plus upgrade waitlist?
- 12 Contact # for Delta
- 13 Using american voucher
- 14 Beware the Frankfurt Airport
- 15 Can a person buy two seats on the same flight for just
- 16 Southwest boarding
- 17 is RMB necessary for layover in Chinese airport
- 18 BUD to ZRH to USA
- 19 Starting my Planning
- 20 Another kid-on-the-plane story
- 21 Heathrow Terminal 5
- 22 RE minimum transfer time Schiphol!
- 23 What has become of AA flights to Europe? All BA now.
- 24 Transfer to Vermont from JFK
- 25 UA Carry-On Policy