I was on BA103 Heathrow to Calgary (yyc) on April 3, 2012. When we took off there was a big bang, then there was smoke and fire alarms and everything. The plane was on fire. We circled dumped fuel and had an emergency landing. Then 5 hours later we got on a new plane, new crew and 1 hr into the 9 hour flight we lost complete power. No tv's, no lights nothing. They decided to keep flying and not turn around. Then when we finally got to Calgary we found out because of the cargo fire all our luggage was soaking wet.
BA has come back with a compensation of only $400 travel credit. It was originally $200 but I told them it wasn't good enough and I still haven't taken the credit. That is it. I was flying in first class too so my ticket was extremely pricey for the trip of a life time.
What can I go back to BA with? Has anyone else had this problem?
I was coming from Oslo Norway via London back home to Calgary.
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Complimentary upgrades on Delta with companion
- 2 Getting Global entry interview appointment
- 3 More cheap transatlantic flights coming
- 4 What should I know about flying Southwest?
- 5 IAD connection time of 1 hour 5 minutes for flight to Copenhagen.
- 6 Do you get miles with upgraded Econ. fare
- 7 UA New (?) Economy Class Fare
- 8 Ideas for stop over from MAUI to BOS
- 9 Wedding + Honeymoon (Toronto / Sao Paulo / Male)
- 10 Documents for E-tickets?
- 11 Qantas A380 vs 744 in economy
- 12 Miami Airport-clearing customs question
- 13 Enough time
- 14 Flight Review – Vancouver to Hong Kong – Air Canada – Business Class
- 15 American Airines - Bad plane going; No plane coming back
- 16 Fare searches with flexible dates.
- 17 BA economy premiun seats
- 18 BA not to fly to serve anymore.
- 19 JFK Time Between Terminals?
- 20 British Airways headphones/earbuds
- 21 Book inter-Europe as part of open-jaw?
- 22 Which site to use (or not) to book airfare
- 23 Voice calls during flights?
- 24 Flying through Istanbul onto Montenego-Safety?
- 25 altitude sickness on a plane?