I was on BA103 Heathrow to Calgary (yyc) on April 3, 2012. When we took off there was a big bang, then there was smoke and fire alarms and everything. The plane was on fire. We circled dumped fuel and had an emergency landing. Then 5 hours later we got on a new plane, new crew and 1 hr into the 9 hour flight we lost complete power. No tv's, no lights nothing. They decided to keep flying and not turn around. Then when we finally got to Calgary we found out because of the cargo fire all our luggage was soaking wet.
BA has come back with a compensation of only $400 travel credit. It was originally $200 but I told them it wasn't good enough and I still haven't taken the credit. That is it. I was flying in first class too so my ticket was extremely pricey for the trip of a life time.
What can I go back to BA with? Has anyone else had this problem?
I was coming from Oslo Norway via London back home to Calgary.
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Canceled Flight Compensation
- 2 http://eternitynaturalscleanse.com/garcinia-melt-diet/
- 3 http://megacleanseradvice.com/io-boost-reviews/
- 4 International flight to Domestic Connection in Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson
- 5 Some Q's about Rome airport
- 6 Late flight from Miami Intl Airport
- 7 Newark Liberty - how early should I be there?
- 8 Intl flight with connection at EWR question
- 9 Southwest "no-change-fee" - really?
- 10 Duty Free Liquor
- 11 Slightly Damaged Passport
- 12 Bravofly Legal Actions
- 13 EUROPE FLIGHT
- 14 Airport Controlled Seats INTERNATIONAL
- 15 Kenya Airways/Skyteam questions.
- 16 Amex points to Paris/ Italy in 1st
- 17 Aegean Airlines Carry on Allowance
- 18 Does a OneWorld Explorer ticket make sense?
- 19 Anyone used webjet.com?
- 20 Abu Dhabi transit with separate tickets
- 21 Websites Which Show Flights with Flatbed Seats??
- 22 Overseas Flights with Different Airlines
- 23 Wheelchair Assistance
- 24 Ever cancel tickets on American?
- 25 Unaccompanied minor