I was on BA103 Heathrow to Calgary (yyc) on April 3, 2012. When we took off there was a big bang, then there was smoke and fire alarms and everything. The plane was on fire. We circled dumped fuel and had an emergency landing. Then 5 hours later we got on a new plane, new crew and 1 hr into the 9 hour flight we lost complete power. No tv's, no lights nothing. They decided to keep flying and not turn around. Then when we finally got to Calgary we found out because of the cargo fire all our luggage was soaking wet.
BA has come back with a compensation of only $400 travel credit. It was originally $200 but I told them it wasn't good enough and I still haven't taken the credit. That is it. I was flying in first class too so my ticket was extremely pricey for the trip of a life time.
What can I go back to BA with? Has anyone else had this problem?
I was coming from Oslo Norway via London back home to Calgary.
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 KLM refund process - not good!
- 2 Houston Airport - United Airlines
- 3 Beach Ball headrest?
- 4 Booking SNAFU with Qatar Airways
- 5 Avoid Alpha Flight Guru or be stranded somewhere and pay the price!
- 6 Arr Stansted; Dep LHR, one night in London: where?
- 7 Anyone tried Turkish Airlines for long flights before?
- 8 How does luggage go to the wrong place?
- 9 small claims court for travel website (orbitz)
- 10 Turkish Airlines - Leg disappeared
- 11 I hour connection Heathrow
- 12 AA seat assignments
- 13 AA Business Class on 777
- 14 Saga Class on Icelandair
- 15 Bravofly Legal Actions
- 16 Tipping Flight Attendants??? Is this the new norm?
- 17 SkyLux - Anyone have Feedback??
- 18 Rome To Sardinia
- 19 Do I have time to recheck bags in Athens and make my flight
- 20 Has anyone heard of Dealber?
- 21 Baggage Checked-through on Non-* Alliance?
- 22 name on ticket and passport
- 23 Best Multi-City Booking Site?
- 24 Changing flights in LAX from international to Domestic
- 25 Aer Lingus DC-Dublin?