I was on BA103 Heathrow to Calgary (yyc) on April 3, 2012. When we took off there was a big bang, then there was smoke and fire alarms and everything. The plane was on fire. We circled dumped fuel and had an emergency landing. Then 5 hours later we got on a new plane, new crew and 1 hr into the 9 hour flight we lost complete power. No tv's, no lights nothing. They decided to keep flying and not turn around. Then when we finally got to Calgary we found out because of the cargo fire all our luggage was soaking wet.
BA has come back with a compensation of only $400 travel credit. It was originally $200 but I told them it wasn't good enough and I still haven't taken the credit. That is it. I was flying in first class too so my ticket was extremely pricey for the trip of a life time.
What can I go back to BA with? Has anyone else had this problem?
I was coming from Oslo Norway via London back home to Calgary.
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Business class discounted brokers. Fly with class.com
- 2 CDG transit time
- 3 Ryanair
- 4 Anyone familiar with clearme.com?
- 5 Domestic/International Connection SFO
- 6 Transfer time to flight to US, LHR Term 3
- 7 Dreamliner and altitude sickness
- 8 Exchanging seats with a basketball player
- 9 Transit time at JFK from T4 to T1
- 10 A horror story about Justfly
- 11 How does luggage go to the wrong place?
- 12 Security lines at IAD
- 13 restaurants at the Albuquerque sunport
- 14 small claims court for travel website (orbitz)
- 15 Tipping Flight Attendants??? Is this the new norm?
- 16 Soutwest Airlines Terms
- 17 Day of the week for the best price
- 18 Slightly Damaged Passport
- 19 LAX T4 and Bradley Int'l connector
- 20 how long to allocate for TSA in Dallas
- 21 Flight review – American Airlines Los Angeles to Sydney – Business Class
- 22 Expired Canadian PR card
- 23 TAP Miami to Nice
- 24 2 hours layover
- 25 10 hous in Hong Kong airport - what to do?