Booked Sept safari in Zim. Originally planned on IAD, South African air direct to JNB, transfer SAA to Harare in Business.
Found an option that would save $2K ~ it is on AF and KLM's airbus 330-300- so not a flat bed, and wonder how the transfers - JFK -CDG -AMS to HRE would be, at 2 hrs and 1.5 hrs timing. Are there transit areas without having to go through security and immigration (I imagine all airports would have a 2nd security in Europe but don't go enough to know)
Wonder how AF/KLM keep their aircrafts up; are the seats comfortable with the angled recline? Spending nearly two days I'd hope they be clean, attentive staff, decent food ~ these days who knows; anyone have recent experiences with AF/KLM 330-300?
Would hate to try to save money just to have a miserable flight/and or missed connections.
esp before a tented moblie camp for 2 weeks.
Hoping some European travelers can help me out here. Thanks so much.
Optons: JFK - CDG - AMS - HRE
or IAD on SAA airbus 340 to JNB; transfer SAA to Harare. Straighter shot, 2K more.
Don't mind switching planes but hate to have planes ready for the graveyard. The KLM flat beds NEW World are outrageously priced, including layovers of 7-11 hrs in NBO. which I'd never do. AF is working on theirs but not on this routing.
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 What should I know about flying Southwest?
- 2 Complimentary upgrades on Delta with companion
- 3 IAD connection time of 1 hour 5 minutes for flight to Copenhagen.
- 4 Do you get miles with upgraded Econ. fare
- 5 Getting Global entry interview appointment
- 6 UA New (?) Economy Class Fare
- 7 Ideas for stop over from MAUI to BOS
- 8 Wedding + Honeymoon (Toronto / Sao Paulo / Male)
- 9 Documents for E-tickets?
- 10 Qantas A380 vs 744 in economy
- 11 More cheap transatlantic flights coming
- 12 Miami Airport-clearing customs question
- 13 Enough time
- 14 Flight Review – Vancouver to Hong Kong – Air Canada – Business Class
- 15 American Airines - Bad plane going; No plane coming back
- 16 Fare searches with flexible dates.
- 17 BA economy premiun seats
- 18 BA not to fly to serve anymore.
- 19 JFK Time Between Terminals?
- 20 British Airways headphones/earbuds
- 21 Book inter-Europe as part of open-jaw?
- 22 Which site to use (or not) to book airfare
- 23 Voice calls during flights?
- 24 Flying through Istanbul onto Montenego-Safety?
- 25 altitude sickness on a plane?
Choices for Air - AF, KLM via Europe OR SAA via JNB to HARARE, Zim