Booked Sept safari in Zim. Originally planned on IAD, South African air direct to JNB, transfer SAA to Harare in Business.
Found an option that would save $2K ~ it is on AF and KLM's airbus 330-300- so not a flat bed, and wonder how the transfers - JFK -CDG -AMS to HRE would be, at 2 hrs and 1.5 hrs timing. Are there transit areas without having to go through security and immigration (I imagine all airports would have a 2nd security in Europe but don't go enough to know)
Wonder how AF/KLM keep their aircrafts up; are the seats comfortable with the angled recline? Spending nearly two days I'd hope they be clean, attentive staff, decent food ~ these days who knows; anyone have recent experiences with AF/KLM 330-300?
Would hate to try to save money just to have a miserable flight/and or missed connections.
esp before a tented moblie camp for 2 weeks.
Hoping some European travelers can help me out here. Thanks so much.
Optons: JFK - CDG - AMS - HRE
or IAD on SAA airbus 340 to JNB; transfer SAA to Harare. Straighter shot, 2K more.
Don't mind switching planes but hate to have planes ready for the graveyard. The KLM flat beds NEW World are outrageously priced, including layovers of 7-11 hrs in NBO. which I'd never do. AF is working on theirs but not on this routing.
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Is 8 months too early to buy and international plane ticket?
- 2 Shopping duty Free On Board versus On Ground
- 3 Best time to buy tix on Southwest
- 4 Traveling abroad with gift box as carry-on?
- 5 Travel with iPad on International Flight
- 6 El Salvador plane change
- 7 Norwegian Airlines through Expedia
- 8 1st RTW- cheapest place to start?
- 9 United and ANA
- 10 How much time do I need to switch planes in CDG
- 11 Newark Terminal Transfer
- 12 Redeeming Miles with a Capital One Card
- 13 Free Stopovers in Europe, flying from NYC?
- 14 Best/worst airlines for traveling with pets?
- 15 Porter or Air Canada?
- 16 Going through security with herbs?
- 17 Help me get award tickets using variety of points
- 18 Foot Rests? China Airlines Premium Economy Experiences ??
- 19 Chocolates in carry on allowed?
- 20 Is it safe to put a laptop in a carry on suitcase?
- 21 Booking with airline vs. Orbitz or Priceline
- 22 What can be done if one date is wrong?
- 23 West Coast USA>France routes
- 24 Excellent Experience on Singapore Airlines Long Haul cattle class
- 25 Domestic to Int'l at JFK
Choices for Air - AF, KLM via Europe OR SAA via JNB to HARARE, Zim