Booked Sept safari in Zim. Originally planned on IAD, South African air direct to JNB, transfer SAA to Harare in Business.
Found an option that would save $2K ~ it is on AF and KLM's airbus 330-300- so not a flat bed, and wonder how the transfers - JFK -CDG -AMS to HRE would be, at 2 hrs and 1.5 hrs timing. Are there transit areas without having to go through security and immigration (I imagine all airports would have a 2nd security in Europe but don't go enough to know)
Wonder how AF/KLM keep their aircrafts up; are the seats comfortable with the angled recline? Spending nearly two days I'd hope they be clean, attentive staff, decent food ~ these days who knows; anyone have recent experiences with AF/KLM 330-300?
Would hate to try to save money just to have a miserable flight/and or missed connections.
esp before a tented moblie camp for 2 weeks.
Hoping some European travelers can help me out here. Thanks so much.
Optons: JFK - CDG - AMS - HRE
or IAD on SAA airbus 340 to JNB; transfer SAA to Harare. Straighter shot, 2K more.
Don't mind switching planes but hate to have planes ready for the graveyard. The KLM flat beds NEW World are outrageously priced, including layovers of 7-11 hrs in NBO. which I'd never do. AF is working on theirs but not on this routing.
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Connecting flight in heathrow--2 hours
- 2 Royal Air Moroc Reviews
- 3 Traveling with two passports, with different names.
- 4 United or Air France? (Business class)
- 5 Global Entry application status question
- 6 Customs question
- 7 "under the seat space"
- 8 United Mileage plus upgrade waitlist?
- 9 Contact # for Delta
- 10 Using american voucher
- 11 Beware the Frankfurt Airport
- 12 Can a person buy two seats on the same flight for just
- 13 Southwest boarding
- 14 is RMB necessary for layover in Chinese airport
- 15 BUD to ZRH to USA
- 16 Starting my Planning
- 17 Another kid-on-the-plane story
- 18 Heathrow Terminal 5
- 19 RE minimum transfer time Schiphol!
- 20 What has become of AA flights to Europe? All BA now.
- 21 Transfer to Vermont from JFK
- 22 UA Carry-On Policy
- 23 Has using FF miles on AA got a lot harder?
- 24 Customs and Connection Times
- 25 BA short turnaround time
Choices for Air - AF, KLM via Europe OR SAA via JNB to HARARE, Zim