When I booked this trip on Orbitz, i didn't give switching airlines much thought as it was the preferred itinerary that Orbitz suggested. Long story short, I'm travelling from Jacksonville, Fl to Manila. I'm taking American Airlines into LAX and switching to Philippine Airlines. My impression when booking was that changing carriers was a non-issue. However, after hearing several horror stories about LAX, I'd like to understand what I have gotten myself into. Will I need to go back through security? Will my bags need to be rechecked? Any insight would be much appreciated. I'll have 2.5 hours between flights.
Changing Airlines at LAX, could use some advice
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 What to pack in your "personal item" for an overseas flight
- 2 Best Airline for Trip to Istanbul
- 3 Visas and flight diversions
- 4 Singapore Airlines vs Emirates
- 5 Sleeping pills for long haul flights
- 6 Half Empty Airliner
- 7 AA or BA to OSL
- 8 Non Refundable Tickets
- 9 Scarcity of award travel in July on United Airlines
- 10 A Entire Area Blocked Off?
- 11 AA and USair
- 12 Multi-city pricing and strategy
- 13 Ailine security- a strange question
- 14 Paris-London-Dublin
- 15 Orbitz or Cheaptickets or Priceline via Kayak?
- 16 Should I purchase now?
- 17 Flight not always appearing on United website
- 18 Curious...ORD to NAN
- 19 Not showing up for a connecting flight - to tell or not to tell?
- 20 Duty Free Liquor
- 21 United to enforce carry-on size limits
- 22 definition of internationl "secure" area with international airports
- 23 Beware of Bravofly
- 24 Travelling with a less than pristine passport
- 25 Traveling to Germany can i carry Pickles & Sweets in the checked In Luggage