When I booked this trip on Orbitz, i didn't give switching airlines much thought as it was the preferred itinerary that Orbitz suggested. Long story short, I'm travelling from Jacksonville, Fl to Manila. I'm taking American Airlines into LAX and switching to Philippine Airlines. My impression when booking was that changing carriers was a non-issue. However, after hearing several horror stories about LAX, I'd like to understand what I have gotten myself into. Will I need to go back through security? Will my bags need to be rechecked? Any insight would be much appreciated. I'll have 2.5 hours between flights.
Changing Airlines at LAX, could use some advice
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 MAKING CONNECTION CDG - 3 HOURS
- 2 Delta in Amsterdam
- 3 UNITED Airlines does not recognize Star Alliance Gold Status Benefits
- 4 United Airlines
- 5 Layover Time
- 6 Best Time to Buy II: The Domestic Question
- 7 Beware of Bravofly
- 8 AA FF Miles to Europe and Asia
- 9 Turkish Airlines in the UK
- 10 Recent experience with TSA pre-check
- 11 International flight to domestic connection at Atlanta Airport
- 12 Has anyone had experience with Iflybusiness.com?
- 13 airlines drop fares on tues or wed.
- 14 Baggage and two separate tickets
- 15 When to buy tickets
- 16 Business class discounted brokers. Fly with class.com
- 17 Toronto Airport - Sheraton Gateway Hotel for a long layover?
- 18 TSA hand wipe
- 19 Delta question?
- 20 Layover in London
- 21 AAdvantage DevAAluation
- 22 Transit in Dubai Airport Terminal 3
- 23 British Air or Air France
- 24 Connectiing in CDG good or bad?
- 25 Please help with Delta miles