For the last 10 years or so, I haven't done any international travel that required airline tickets. I am wondering if any of you will be willing to offer advice in getting the best price.
A little background: I am looking at various vacation homes and only need the flight to get there (for 2, the others on the trip can book for themselves). This is probably the nature of the beast, but it seems like we will need to book a house in advance, hoping that there will be decent pricing on the airfare at some point.
Right now I am leaning towards a house in the Dominican Republic, but have looked at some on Grand Bahama, as well. The "back up option" is possibly to book in the Florida Keys.
I am located near Harrisburg, PA, and usually fly out of BWI (except for the rare occasions that our home airport was actually cheaper). Any of the surrounding airports that can be reached within a few hours are options depending on the amount of savings.
The house I would really prefer to rent is near Puerto Plata, and provides pickup service from there, but I am not sure about the other airports on the island.
I have read that booking around 6 weeks out is best, but have no corroboration on it. Some people swear by Jetblue (and the like), but a preliminary search did not show much difference this far out.
Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Caribbean travel in March (cheap flights?)
- 1 Gate Check Question
- 2 Subject to Government Approval?
- 3 Alaska when to book complicated trip
- 4 Should I switch from AMEX/Delta to say VISA/United?
- 5 Business Class Dilemma. Newbie. Please Help!
- 6 JFK terminal 5 to 7
- 7 Worst US airline?
- 8 For United Frequent Fliers: How will you get to Bangkok now?
- 9 Asthma and Perfume on a Plane
- 10 Buying business and coach tickets
- 11 Trying again to get away. End of the year sometimes
- 12 Lufthansa one-way prices
- 13 Global Entry Program and TSA PreCheck Question
- 14 Is $361 per person reasonable SLC-Orlando
- 15 Best time to purchase ticket to Orlando from Salt Lake travel end of May?
- 16 Were you "stupid" to buy AA stocks ~2 years ago?
- 17 Medallion status after AA/USAIR merger
- 18 Beware of Bravofly
- 19 Virgin Atlantic Economy - Changeable?
- 20 Premium Economy on Quantas vs. Business Class on Delta?
- 21 Deceptive Airtran Bump Reimbursement
- 22 flight change and immigration time insight: Dallas to Frankfurt to Vienna
- 23 Continue on or stopover?
- 24 Breaking up a flight
- 25 Best routing on AA or BA; BOS/PMO; Business Class Award tix for 2; May 2014