For the last 10 years or so, I haven't done any international travel that required airline tickets. I am wondering if any of you will be willing to offer advice in getting the best price.
A little background: I am looking at various vacation homes and only need the flight to get there (for 2, the others on the trip can book for themselves). This is probably the nature of the beast, but it seems like we will need to book a house in advance, hoping that there will be decent pricing on the airfare at some point.
Right now I am leaning towards a house in the Dominican Republic, but have looked at some on Grand Bahama, as well. The "back up option" is possibly to book in the Florida Keys.
I am located near Harrisburg, PA, and usually fly out of BWI (except for the rare occasions that our home airport was actually cheaper). Any of the surrounding airports that can be reached within a few hours are options depending on the amount of savings.
The house I would really prefer to rent is near Puerto Plata, and provides pickup service from there, but I am not sure about the other airports on the island.
I have read that booking around 6 weeks out is best, but have no corroboration on it. Some people swear by Jetblue (and the like), but a preliminary search did not show much difference this far out.
Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Caribbean travel in March (cheap flights?)
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 United flight reservation change
- 2 Saddle seats - coming to airbus soon
- 3 Amst-Spain - enough time to leave the airport?
- 4 economy plus seating on United Flights
- 5 What to do about Travelguard denied insurance claim? please help
- 6 Codeshares
- 7 First point if entry in USA
- 8 Help need about onward trabel
- 9 Missing middle name in system -- orbitz refuses to refund
- 10 Jacob Ng Community
- 11 Need Advice: Germany in October Prices
- 12 Austrian Airlines Business Class "Upgrade" - avoid
- 13 Cant get seats on united codeshare
- 14 LAX. Terminal 4 to terminal 6
- 15 Beware of Bravofly
- 16 American 757 Economy: Renovated Interiors...?
- 17 Connecting in SFO, domestic to international flight
- 18 Bravofly is a scam - beware
- 19 LAX to Tokoy - How much Lay Over TIme Do I Need
- 20 Flight to Dublin
- 21 Layover in Boston
- 22 Reserving seats on AA operated flight
- 23 Transfer time at Heathrow
- 24 Transfer time at Heathrow
- 25 flight delay