For the last 10 years or so, I haven't done any international travel that required airline tickets. I am wondering if any of you will be willing to offer advice in getting the best price.
A little background: I am looking at various vacation homes and only need the flight to get there (for 2, the others on the trip can book for themselves). This is probably the nature of the beast, but it seems like we will need to book a house in advance, hoping that there will be decent pricing on the airfare at some point.
Right now I am leaning towards a house in the Dominican Republic, but have looked at some on Grand Bahama, as well. The "back up option" is possibly to book in the Florida Keys.
I am located near Harrisburg, PA, and usually fly out of BWI (except for the rare occasions that our home airport was actually cheaper). Any of the surrounding airports that can be reached within a few hours are options depending on the amount of savings.
The house I would really prefer to rent is near Puerto Plata, and provides pickup service from there, but I am not sure about the other airports on the island.
I have read that booking around 6 weeks out is best, but have no corroboration on it. Some people swear by Jetblue (and the like), but a preliminary search did not show much difference this far out.
Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 icoud 1888:260:2909 password reset contact Tec*h supp0rt 24/7
- 2 GMX1800:681:7208 password reset CONTACT GMXTec*h care 24/7
- 3 Connecting flight in heathrow--2 hours
- 4 Royal Air Moroc Reviews
- 5 Traveling with two passports, with different names.
- 6 United or Air France? (Business class)
- 7 Global Entry application status question
- 8 Customs question
- 9 "under the seat space"
- 10 United Mileage plus upgrade waitlist?
- 11 Contact # for Delta
- 12 Using american voucher
- 13 Beware the Frankfurt Airport
- 14 Can a person buy two seats on the same flight for just
- 15 Southwest boarding
- 16 is RMB necessary for layover in Chinese airport
- 17 BUD to ZRH to USA
- 18 Starting my Planning
- 19 Another kid-on-the-plane story
- 20 Heathrow Terminal 5
- 21 RE minimum transfer time Schiphol!
- 22 What has become of AA flights to Europe? All BA now.
- 23 Transfer to Vermont from JFK
- 24 UA Carry-On Policy
- 25 Has using FF miles on AA got a lot harder?