For the last 10 years or so, I haven't done any international travel that required airline tickets. I am wondering if any of you will be willing to offer advice in getting the best price.
A little background: I am looking at various vacation homes and only need the flight to get there (for 2, the others on the trip can book for themselves). This is probably the nature of the beast, but it seems like we will need to book a house in advance, hoping that there will be decent pricing on the airfare at some point.
Right now I am leaning towards a house in the Dominican Republic, but have looked at some on Grand Bahama, as well. The "back up option" is possibly to book in the Florida Keys.
I am located near Harrisburg, PA, and usually fly out of BWI (except for the rare occasions that our home airport was actually cheaper). Any of the surrounding airports that can be reached within a few hours are options depending on the amount of savings.
The house I would really prefer to rent is near Puerto Plata, and provides pickup service from there, but I am not sure about the other airports on the island.
I have read that booking around 6 weeks out is best, but have no corroboration on it. Some people swear by Jetblue (and the like), but a preliminary search did not show much difference this far out.
Any advice is greatly appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Bravofly Legal Actions
- 2 EUROPE FLIGHT
- 3 Some Q's about Rome airport
- 4 Airport Controlled Seats INTERNATIONAL
- 5 Southwest "no-change-fee" - really?
- 6 Kenya Airways/Skyteam questions.
- 7 Amex points to Paris/ Italy in 1st
- 8 Aegean Airlines Carry on Allowance
- 9 Does a OneWorld Explorer ticket make sense?
- 10 Anyone used webjet.com?
- 11 Abu Dhabi transit with separate tickets
- 12 Websites Which Show Flights with Flatbed Seats??
- 13 Overseas Flights with Different Airlines
- 14 Wheelchair Assistance
- 15 Ever cancel tickets on American?
- 16 Unaccompanied minor
- 17 Beach Ball headrest?
- 18 Southwest Airlines pricing?
- 19 Late flight from Miami Intl Airport
- 20 Air France from SFO to Madrid
- 21 JetBlue flight cancellation - nice job
- 22 Booking via Air India - help asap
- 23 Turkish Airlines Awful
- 24 AA to award points according to $ spent not miles
- 25 Booking flights