For our honeymoon to Paris in mid-January, my fiance is really looking forward to flying from Seattle to Paris in business class. The price of the tickets ~$4,500 each seat kind of blew my socks off and I'm not keen on spending nearly $10k for flights alone. As I'm the more "fiscally conservative" one in the couple, I'm wondering if anyone has any tips for getting cheaper business class international tickets in this type of situation?
Personally, I'd rather spend that $$ on great experiences in the city itself rather than on seats, but it's a once in a lifetime trip for us, so we're looking to see if this is possible.
In my searches, I've found Iceland Air Saga class tickets for ~$2,400 a seat, but honestly they look like glorified business class domestic seats. She wasn't too thrilled with videos she's seen of those.
I've also heard that some airlines can upgrade couples on their honeymoon. Conversely, I've also seen just as many posts online that the airlines often see so many people trying this, it's no longer a guaranteed thing.
Any tips as to how to book some discounted seats?
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Check your electronics or fly American
- 2 Priority Pass - Worth It?
- 3 Sea-Tac Virgin Atlantic flight
- 4 Flying through Casablanca
- 5 How to book YYZ-ZRH-NBO-YYZ ?
- 6 what if connecting flight cancels
- 7 enough time for this flight?
- 8 Qantas FF access to Emirates lounge CDG?
- 9 aRound-The-World for less than $/€ 1,200
- 10 EasyJet
- 11 TSA OR Global Entry
- 12 How to figure out the cost of a trip when purchasing insurance.
- 13 "This route is pending regulatory approval."
- 14 Medication Sleep Aid for 30+ Hours Travel
- 15 U.K. Registered Traveler vs Fast Track
- 16 How do you get from terminal 8 to terminal 2 at JFK airport?
- 17 Amsterdam flight change
- 18 AA FF flights
- 19 Consolidators for Biz Class - has any one used one?
- 20 Delta/Virgin Atlantic carryon sizes
- 21 Ways to stay entertained at Toronto Airport
- 22 Compensation after engine fire, 2 day delay
- 23 Europe's LCC routes - lots of changes!
- 24 Delta or El Al to Israel?
- 25 Does a OneWorld Explorer ticket make sense?