For our honeymoon to Paris in mid-January, my fiance is really looking forward to flying from Seattle to Paris in business class. The price of the tickets ~$4,500 each seat kind of blew my socks off and I'm not keen on spending nearly $10k for flights alone. As I'm the more "fiscally conservative" one in the couple, I'm wondering if anyone has any tips for getting cheaper business class international tickets in this type of situation?
Personally, I'd rather spend that $$ on great experiences in the city itself rather than on seats, but it's a once in a lifetime trip for us, so we're looking to see if this is possible.
In my searches, I've found Iceland Air Saga class tickets for ~$2,400 a seat, but honestly they look like glorified business class domestic seats. She wasn't too thrilled with videos she's seen of those.
I've also heard that some airlines can upgrade couples on their honeymoon. Conversely, I've also seen just as many posts online that the airlines often see so many people trying this, it's no longer a guaranteed thing.
Any tips as to how to book some discounted seats?
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Sleeping pills for long haul flights
- 2 17 hours layover in Heathrow (LHR). What are our options?
- 3 Flying through Istanbul onto Montenego-Safety?
- 4 Voice calls during flights?
- 5 Anybody Flown AA Main Cabin Extra on the 789?
- 6 Flight Honolulu to New York
- 7 Scandinavian SAS Plus
- 8 Lufthansa or Condor Air
- 9 meal service on 10:30 pm deaprture?
- 10 connection in jfk for only 90 minutes
- 11 Connection Time at Heathrow.
- 12 Traveling to Spain in March
- 13 UA New (?) Economy Class Fare
- 14 Google Flights ?
- 15 Jat Airlines? (AKA Serbia Airlines?)
- 16 Norwegian Air - What's the catch?
- 17 LAX Domestic to Int'l Connx
- 18 Premium Economy Virgin Atlantic
- 19 Help with Seats on KLM Flight
- 20 FLL Navigating Fort Lauderdale airport
- 21 Logging into my Aadvantage account
- 22 Does a OneWorld Explorer ticket make sense?
- 23 Flying "Backwards"
- 24 Europe (Lisbon) to Miami: Iberia or Lufthansa in terms of cabin comfort?
- 25 Asking for a sandwich in lieu of a hot meal