For our honeymoon to Paris in mid-January, my fiance is really looking forward to flying from Seattle to Paris in business class. The price of the tickets ~$4,500 each seat kind of blew my socks off and I'm not keen on spending nearly $10k for flights alone. As I'm the more "fiscally conservative" one in the couple, I'm wondering if anyone has any tips for getting cheaper business class international tickets in this type of situation?
Personally, I'd rather spend that $$ on great experiences in the city itself rather than on seats, but it's a once in a lifetime trip for us, so we're looking to see if this is possible.
In my searches, I've found Iceland Air Saga class tickets for ~$2,400 a seat, but honestly they look like glorified business class domestic seats. She wasn't too thrilled with videos she's seen of those.
I've also heard that some airlines can upgrade couples on their honeymoon. Conversely, I've also seen just as many posts online that the airlines often see so many people trying this, it's no longer a guaranteed thing.
Any tips as to how to book some discounted seats?
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Cheap flights to Europe from Pittsburg
- 2 Bad and last experience on Air Namibia
- 3 Consolidators for Biz Class - has any one used one?
- 4 BA not to fly to serve anymore.
- 5 Medication Sleep Aid for 30+ Hours Travel
- 6 How to figure out the cost of a trip when purchasing insurance.
- 7 Airtreks and Bootsnall
- 8 Miami International Airport
- 9 T4 (AA) remodel at LAX
- 10 What should I know about flying Southwest?
- 11 Complimentary upgrades on Delta with companion
- 12 Question on checkin for international
- 13 travelling with ensure
- 14 Connection time
- 15 Flight from Athens to Santorini?
- 16 Connecting in Toronto for return to US
- 17 Award travel and fees
- 18 Arlanda connecting flight Intl to oslo Customs??
- 19 PHL layover
- 20 Is there a best day to book an international flight? a best day to fly?
- 21 searching for flights on Kayak
- 22 PHL-CDG airline change with checked bags (less than 2 hrs) HELP!!!
- 23 U.K. Registered Traveler vs Fast Track
- 24 Booking with airline vs. Orbitz or Priceline
- 25 Which site to use (or not) to book airfare