For our honeymoon to Paris in mid-January, my fiance is really looking forward to flying from Seattle to Paris in business class. The price of the tickets ~$4,500 each seat kind of blew my socks off and I'm not keen on spending nearly $10k for flights alone. As I'm the more "fiscally conservative" one in the couple, I'm wondering if anyone has any tips for getting cheaper business class international tickets in this type of situation?
Personally, I'd rather spend that $$ on great experiences in the city itself rather than on seats, but it's a once in a lifetime trip for us, so we're looking to see if this is possible.
In my searches, I've found Iceland Air Saga class tickets for ~$2,400 a seat, but honestly they look like glorified business class domestic seats. She wasn't too thrilled with videos she's seen of those.
I've also heard that some airlines can upgrade couples on their honeymoon. Conversely, I've also seen just as many posts online that the airlines often see so many people trying this, it's no longer a guaranteed thing.
Any tips as to how to book some discounted seats?
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 http://offersreviews.org/embova-rx/
- 2 When can the pilot turn off the fasten seatbelt sign
- 3 Is it safe to put a laptop in a carry on suitcase?
- 4 SFO runway closures ?
- 5 Sky Airlines - buying tickets from USA over internet!
- 6 JetBlue Hub in Fort Lauderdale
- 7 Carry on
- 8 Car seat harassment
- 9 International arrival - easiest airport for connection?
- 10 Is connection time of 1 hour enough for transfer from A24 to Z20
- 11 LAX Terminal Reshuffle
- 12 Air Canada rouge or air transat?
- 13 Short Layover (1 hour) in Seattle/Tacoma?
- 14 Saga Class on Icelandair
- 15 JAL or AA business--LAX to TKO
- 16 Checked Luggage on Separate Tickets
- 17 WestJet to add budget line
- 18 gate distance
- 19 Luggage Newark - Houston - Belize and back
- 20 Luggage tag
- 21 Premium Economy - Air France vs Lufthansa
- 22 Departing FCO
- 23 carryon fee on international flights?
- 24 Incomplete first name on international ticket
- 25 FCO - CDG - SFO connection