I was slightly shocked to learn this morning that I could not get a reward flight on American Airlines (including its AAdvantage partners) to either Copenhagen or Stockholm during the first week of August 2012 (to return roughly 3 weeks later). Okay, feel free to call me naive but I thought flexibility on dates and cities, not to mention calling 9 months in advance would land me some seats! (American doesn't fly to either city themselves, and seems to primarily partner with British Airways, so obviously that complicates things.) The American representative had no advice beyond "call again" in terms of when flights might become available, if ever.
Do any of you good people have suggestions or strategies for using American frequent flyer miles to get to these cities (or Oslo), including insights into when seats currently being held might become available? Because my two school age daughters are coming with, we are pretty much limited to August. WHILE I AM LIMITED TO AMERICAN MILES, I SUSPECT THE GENERAL STRATEGIES FOR GETTING POPULAR TICKETS ON TRAVEL PARTNERS MAY BE SIMILAR FROM AIRLINE TO AIRLINE.
We would be most grateful for any advice -- I'm looking to do the trip as a graduation present for my eldest daughter, but with college impending we can't really afford to purchase the tickets.
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Alitalia - Carry on luggage?
- 2 http://bellecomplexnorway.com/nu-youth-anti-wrinkle/
- 3 http://bellecomplexnorway.com/nu-youth-anti-wrinkle/
- 4 http://getmenshealth.com/ripped-testo/
- 5 the health club however nonetheless no longer getting
- 6 Anyone familiar with clearme.com?
- 7 Cheapest method to transfer from Dulles to Reagan Airport?
- 8 Security lines at IAD
- 9 Domestic/International Connection SFO
- 10 SFO Amex lounge/T3 security access
- 11 Dreamliner and altitude sickness
- 12 Getting a ride to Toronto Airport. Driver must have passport?
- 13 Houston Airport - United Airlines
- 14 Business class discounted brokers. Fly with class.com
- 15 Exchanging seats with a basketball player
- 16 CDG transit time
- 17 Ryanair
- 18 Transfer time to flight to US, LHR Term 3
- 19 Transit time at JFK from T4 to T1
- 20 A horror story about Justfly
- 21 How does luggage go to the wrong place?
- 22 restaurants at the Albuquerque sunport
- 23 small claims court for travel website (orbitz)
- 24 Tipping Flight Attendants??? Is this the new norm?
- 25 Soutwest Airlines Terms
Best strategy for booking reward ticket to Scandinavia for Aug 2012