Here's my situation:
Ticket 1: Air India (AI380): New Delhi to Singapore: Arrives in Singapore Terminal 2 at 7:20am
Ticket 2: Singapore Airlines (SQ16): Singapore to San Francisco: Departs from Singapore Terminal 3 at 9:25am
Total layover time is 2 hours. If Air India is delayed then I have even less time.
Option 1: I only take carry on luggage. Land in Singapore, take the sky train from T2 to T3 (takes about 5 min), go to the Transfer counter, get boarding pass, proceed to gate.
Option 2: Air India checks in my baggage all the way thru to San Francisco. I follow the same things as in Option 1,
Option 3: Air India only checks in my luggage to Singapore. I land in Singapore, clear immigration, claim baggage on T2, go to T3, go to airline counter to check in baggage and get boarding pass, go thru security, and then proceed to gate. This seems way too risky and almost a no-option.
What would you recommend?
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Cheap flights to Europe from Pittsburg
- 2 Consolidators for Biz Class - has any one used one?
- 3 BA not to fly to serve anymore.
- 4 Medication Sleep Aid for 30+ Hours Travel
- 5 How to figure out the cost of a trip when purchasing insurance.
- 6 Airtreks and Bootsnall
- 7 Miami International Airport
- 8 T4 (AA) remodel at LAX
- 9 What should I know about flying Southwest?
- 10 Complimentary upgrades on Delta with companion
- 11 Question on checkin for international
- 12 travelling with ensure
- 13 Connection time
- 14 Flight from Athens to Santorini?
- 15 Connecting in Toronto for return to US
- 16 Award travel and fees
- 17 Arlanda connecting flight Intl to oslo Customs??
- 18 PHL layover
- 19 Is there a best day to book an international flight? a best day to fly?
- 20 searching for flights on Kayak
- 21 PHL-CDG airline change with checked bags (less than 2 hrs) HELP!!!
- 22 U.K. Registered Traveler vs Fast Track
- 23 Booking with airline vs. Orbitz or Priceline
- 24 Which site to use (or not) to book airfare
- 25 Purchasing third coach seat for two passengers on international flight
Here's my situation: