Here's my situation:
Ticket 1: Air India (AI380): New Delhi to Singapore: Arrives in Singapore Terminal 2 at 7:20am
Ticket 2: Singapore Airlines (SQ16): Singapore to San Francisco: Departs from Singapore Terminal 3 at 9:25am
Total layover time is 2 hours. If Air India is delayed then I have even less time.
Option 1: I only take carry on luggage. Land in Singapore, take the sky train from T2 to T3 (takes about 5 min), go to the Transfer counter, get boarding pass, proceed to gate.
Option 2: Air India checks in my baggage all the way thru to San Francisco. I follow the same things as in Option 1,
Option 3: Air India only checks in my luggage to Singapore. I land in Singapore, clear immigration, claim baggage on T2, go to T3, go to airline counter to check in baggage and get boarding pass, go thru security, and then proceed to gate. This seems way too risky and almost a no-option.
What would you recommend?
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 First time traveler in need of serious advices
- 2 Is it worth looking into a travel agent for booking flights?
- 3 Bravofly issue
- 4 Connecting through Pearson (Europe-USA) on 2 tickets
- 5 BA strike through August! Should I book alternate flights?
- 6 Air Berlin flight rebooking fiasco
- 7 AC Montreal-FCO: scheduling train to Florence
- 8 American Airlines to SAS
- 9 Suggestion for travel agent just to book flights?
- 10 Solo trip to Spain ..then on to London on own???
- 11 Best time to buy tix on Southwest
- 12 2017 World's Top 100 Airlines Identified
- 13 JFK-LHR-Athens. How much time is needed at Heathrow?
- 14 procedure to get tourist visa to austria for Indian
- 15 How Many Stamps in Your Passport?
- 16 Long flight tips and entertainment
- 17 Separate tickets with only carry ons -- do I have to go through customs?
- 18 Norwegian Airlines in Chicago
- 19 How much time do I need to switch planes in CDG
- 20 UA Mileage FF Changes
- 21 Travel with iPad on International Flight
- 22 Is it necessary to book a longer layover for this?
- 23 Traveling to US through Madrid
- 24 El Salvador plane change
- 25 Cheaper to buy plane ticket in Canada instead of US?
Here's my situation: