Here's my situation:
Ticket 1: Air India (AI380): New Delhi to Singapore: Arrives in Singapore Terminal 2 at 7:20am
Ticket 2: Singapore Airlines (SQ16): Singapore to San Francisco: Departs from Singapore Terminal 3 at 9:25am
Total layover time is 2 hours. If Air India is delayed then I have even less time.
Option 1: I only take carry on luggage. Land in Singapore, take the sky train from T2 to T3 (takes about 5 min), go to the Transfer counter, get boarding pass, proceed to gate.
Option 2: Air India checks in my baggage all the way thru to San Francisco. I follow the same things as in Option 1,
Option 3: Air India only checks in my luggage to Singapore. I land in Singapore, clear immigration, claim baggage on T2, go to T3, go to airline counter to check in baggage and get boarding pass, go thru security, and then proceed to gate. This seems way too risky and almost a no-option.
What would you recommend?
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Last minute required change cost us $4,000
- 2 U.S Passport Photos-- Okay to Smile?
- 3 Consolidators for Biz Class Seats
- 4 "Bait and Switch" and KLM
- 5 Aiports in Paris
- 6 Questions about reclaiming FF miles
- 7 Transfer between Terminal 4 and Terminal 5 at LHR
- 8 Same ticket, Rome to JFK via Alitalia then Delta, baggage?
- 9 Website to indicate number of seats sold?
- 10 Laguardia hassle?
- 11 Parking at JFK
- 12 Help with Delta terminal in Atlanta
- 13 Sky Airlines - buying tickets from USA over internet!
- 14 Justfly.com
- 15 Can I clear customs and make my connections at YYZ and BOS?
- 16 Flying Tokyo-YYZ in economy- direct or break it up in YVR?
- 17 Flying from Tokyo (NRT or HND) to San Francisco (SFO or SJC). Options?
- 18 Is Bravofly A Scam?
- 19 Getting wedding clothes from here to there
- 20 Transit Visa in Heathrow Terminal 5
- 21 Frankfurt connections Lufthansa to United
- 22 Frustrated w/ 1 qt bag limit
- 23 SEA to Gran Canaria on Separate Tickets
- 24 PHL-CDG airline change with checked bags (less than 2 hrs) HELP!!!
- 25 Arr Stansted; Dep LHR, one night in London: where?
Here's my situation: