Hello Fellow Travelers,
I scheduled a flight from Palermo to Florence, Italy for Sept. 24 and booked it on Expedia with British Air. It was more expensive than some other airlines, but I thought my life would be simplified if I did not select a budget airline. So, I chose the British Air flight: and later was told by a British Air representative that two bags (23k?) could be checked for free. Now I am concerned because I see that British Airways 8087 is operated by Vueling Airlines. Whose baggage/boarding passes/seat regulations apply?
1) Did I get wrong information from the British Airline rep?! We will have a small backpack and a equally small carry-on plus two bags (@14k/each) we need to check. I certainly do not want to be stuck with a big baggage fee and miscellaneous other fees at the airport during check-in.
2) The same British Airline rep did give me Veuling's confirmation number, which was no where to be seen on my Expedia print-out. So, now I can access my reservation with a Veuling confirmation number ...... but I am still confused. Are all the extra charges for baggage/seats/boarding passes that Veuling, a budget airline, charges going to apply to a British Airways ticket holder? Ugh, I fear my life has not been simplified.
Thanks for any input!
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Flight from Athens to Santorini?
- 2 Transferring in Beijing to Hong Kong
- 3 Getting Global entry interview appointment
- 4 Miami Airport-clearing customs question
- 5 What should I know about flying Southwest?
- 6 Heathrow: Can I make it?
- 7 Atlanta Immigration & Customs
- 8 Renewal of Global Entry
- 9 IAD connection time of 1 hour 5 minutes for flight to Copenhagen.
- 10 More cheap transatlantic flights coming
- 11 Complimentary upgrades on Delta with companion
- 12 Do you get miles with upgraded Econ. fare
- 13 UA New (?) Economy Class Fare
- 14 Ideas for stop over from MAUI to BOS
- 15 Wedding + Honeymoon (Toronto / Sao Paulo / Male)
- 16 Documents for E-tickets?
- 17 Qantas A380 vs 744 in economy
- 18 Enough time
- 19 Flight Review – Vancouver to Hong Kong – Air Canada – Business Class
- 20 American Airines - Bad plane going; No plane coming back
- 21 Fare searches with flexible dates.
- 22 BA economy premiun seats
- 23 BA not to fly to serve anymore.
- 24 JFK Time Between Terminals?
- 25 British Airways headphones/earbuds
Hello Fellow Travelers,