I hope that I can get advice on this matter.
In the past I bought flight tickets with my award mileage. I even applied to credit cards when I knew that I had a large purchase to make so I can get the 30-40,000 mileage offer. As usual it takes many phone calls to get flights on the dates I want in order to book the flight with the awards.
Now I have a friend that claims that it is much better to get cards such as Capital One that give Travel rewards when one use the funds just to travel with.
I really do not know what is a better choice if one wants to travel and buy low fares. To be honest I cannot figure it out
Thank you all in advance for your suggestions
award mileage with credit cards
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 US Air Absolutely Horrid
- 2 Dubai / Visa
- 3 Airfare for Budapest May 2015
- 4 Priority Pass - Worth It?
- 5 Which to fly into....Milan or Rome?
- 6 Keflavik Iceland changing planes
- 7 HELP ME TO CHOOSE A BEST CONNECTION TO AVOID ROAMING CHARGES IN AUSTRALIA
- 8 Ticketed Name Different Than Passport
- 9 Qater Airlines - 3 hr layover in Doha now 13 hours
- 10 Seeking suggestions for airport that SW flies into and has PNS connections
- 11 PHL-FCO-ATH where will we go through passport control/customs?
- 12 VISA date conflict
- 13 CDG-VRN Carry-On Question
- 14 Biz lounge in Toronto
- 15 Does a first class tix automatically give one entry to Club?
- 16 When to buy ticket?
- 17 Be Careful About Turkish Airlines
- 18 Self check-in airBaltic
- 19 Beware of Bravofly
- 20 Anyone know, LAX to NAN, sustenance ?
- 21 Has Anyone Tried US CBP's Mobile Passport Control at ATL?
- 22 Atlanta International Terminal
- 23 Expedia - Stay Away at all Costs
- 24 TSA pre-check, what a joke!
- 25 United - how to add frequent flier number?