I hope that I can get advice on this matter.
In the past I bought flight tickets with my award mileage. I even applied to credit cards when I knew that I had a large purchase to make so I can get the 30-40,000 mileage offer. As usual it takes many phone calls to get flights on the dates I want in order to book the flight with the awards.
Now I have a friend that claims that it is much better to get cards such as Capital One that give Travel rewards when one use the funds just to travel with.
I really do not know what is a better choice if one wants to travel and buy low fares. To be honest I cannot figure it out
Thank you all in advance for your suggestions
award mileage with credit cards
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Sleeping pills for long haul flights
- 2 Etihad is an anagram of 'I hated...'
- 3 Mobile Board Passes--
- 4 Business Class Summer Sales
- 5 Choices for Air - AF, KLM via Europe OR SAA via JNB to HARARE, Zim
- 6 AA or BA to OSL
- 7 Best Airline for Trip to Istanbul
- 8 What to pack in your "personal item" for an overseas flight
- 9 Visas and flight diversions
- 10 Singapore Airlines vs Emirates
- 11 Half Empty Airliner
- 12 Non Refundable Tickets
- 13 Scarcity of award travel in July on United Airlines
- 14 A Entire Area Blocked Off?
- 15 AA and USair
- 16 Multi-city pricing and strategy
- 17 Ailine security- a strange question
- 18 Paris-London-Dublin
- 19 Orbitz or Cheaptickets or Priceline via Kayak?
- 20 Should I purchase now?
- 21 Flight not always appearing on United website
- 22 Curious...ORD to NAN
- 23 Not showing up for a connecting flight - to tell or not to tell?
- 24 Duty Free Liquor
- 25 United to enforce carry-on size limits