I hope that I can get advice on this matter.
In the past I bought flight tickets with my award mileage. I even applied to credit cards when I knew that I had a large purchase to make so I can get the 30-40,000 mileage offer. As usual it takes many phone calls to get flights on the dates I want in order to book the flight with the awards.
Now I have a friend that claims that it is much better to get cards such as Capital One that give Travel rewards when one use the funds just to travel with.
I really do not know what is a better choice if one wants to travel and buy low fares. To be honest I cannot figure it out
Thank you all in advance for your suggestions
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Discount Airlines Ok?
- 2 TXL or FRA?
- 3 Does a OneWorld Explorer ticket make sense?
- 4 Global Entry advice
- 5 Fly Royal Jordanian BKK to HKG?
- 6 The Big Black X at U.S. Immigration
- 7 Please tell me about RyanAir and EasyJet
- 8 Norwegian Airlines through Expedia
- 9 Overnight Layover at LaGuardia
- 10 Istanbul Airport is Horrible
- 11 Need Advice about Ticket Price Drop
- 12 Thomas Cook Airlines PREMIUM ECONOMY from JFK-MAN return - WORTH IT?
- 13 Beach Ball headrest?
- 14 compensation for loosing a bag
- 15 Cancelling an AA miles ticket
- 16 RTW Routing Guidance
- 17 JFK or EWR?
- 18 Transit time at Narita, Tokyo. Is 1h 5m do-able?
- 19 Best Premium Economy to Copenhagen from DTW
- 20 Virgin Vs. Delta BOS-LHR
- 21 Gifting AA miles
- 22 How do I book AA award flights using two different account numbers?
- 23 WOW paying for an assigned seat!
- 24 March, One World award travel, Boston to Rome
- 25 Buying Tickets in Canada Instead of US Due to Exchange Rate?