I hope that I can get advice on this matter.
In the past I bought flight tickets with my award mileage. I even applied to credit cards when I knew that I had a large purchase to make so I can get the 30-40,000 mileage offer. As usual it takes many phone calls to get flights on the dates I want in order to book the flight with the awards.
Now I have a friend that claims that it is much better to get cards such as Capital One that give Travel rewards when one use the funds just to travel with.
I really do not know what is a better choice if one wants to travel and buy low fares. To be honest I cannot figure it out
Thank you all in advance for your suggestions
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Layover information
- 2 Reviews of Aer Lingus
- 3 Ditching second and third legs on a one-way ticket
- 4 British Airways/Expedia Disaster
- 5 Can I upgrade on Alitalia if I'm on a Delta codeshare ticket?
- 6 British Airways will enforce carryon rules?
- 7 Singapore to Frankfurt – Singapore Airlines – Business Class
- 8 Air Canada compensation for delayed flight?
- 9 No US Flights Using BA Avios
- 10 Boeing 787
- 11 Lufthansa and United mileage Plus Card
- 12 Small seats - big passengers
- 13 Travel to London/Paris/Rome
- 14 Connection in AMS from Delta to KLM
- 15 Swapped name-surname on ticket
- 16 A mini-trip for Global Entry Interview
- 17 Oversized carryon
- 18 Air travel within Europe.
- 19 United ticket (016), Lufthansa flights, NO miles?
- 20 United Club Heathrow
- 21 1 hour 20 min layover in London is it doable?
- 22 Air France business class- which flights have flat beds?
- 23 problems flying SAS to Copenhagen August?
- 24 Air France Premium Economy Worth it?
- 25 Air France 027 flat bed business seats in fall, old seats summer?