I hope that I can get advice on this matter.
In the past I bought flight tickets with my award mileage. I even applied to credit cards when I knew that I had a large purchase to make so I can get the 30-40,000 mileage offer. As usual it takes many phone calls to get flights on the dates I want in order to book the flight with the awards.
Now I have a friend that claims that it is much better to get cards such as Capital One that give Travel rewards when one use the funds just to travel with.
I really do not know what is a better choice if one wants to travel and buy low fares. To be honest I cannot figure it out
Thank you all in advance for your suggestions
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 connection in jfk for only 90 minutes
- 2 Connection Time at Heathrow.
- 3 Traveling to Spain in March
- 4 Scandinavian SAS Plus
- 5 UA New (?) Economy Class Fare
- 6 Google Flights ?
- 7 Jat Airlines? (AKA Serbia Airlines?)
- 8 Lufthansa or Condor Air
- 9 Norwegian Air - What's the catch?
- 10 LAX Domestic to Int'l Connx
- 11 Flying through Istanbul onto Montenego-Safety?
- 12 Premium Economy Virgin Atlantic
- 13 Help with Seats on KLM Flight
- 14 FLL Navigating Fort Lauderdale airport
- 15 Logging into my Aadvantage account
- 16 Does a OneWorld Explorer ticket make sense?
- 17 Flying "Backwards"
- 18 Europe (Lisbon) to Miami: Iberia or Lufthansa in terms of cabin comfort?
- 19 Asking for a sandwich in lieu of a hot meal
- 20 Reclining Seats in BA Premium Econ?
- 21 Delta and Virgin
- 22 Cancellation of Thai Airway return trip ticket
- 23 Newark connection
- 24 Which airline for Paris/Nice?
- 25 Ticket spelling error with Orbitz