I hope that I can get advice on this matter.
In the past I bought flight tickets with my award mileage. I even applied to credit cards when I knew that I had a large purchase to make so I can get the 30-40,000 mileage offer. As usual it takes many phone calls to get flights on the dates I want in order to book the flight with the awards.
Now I have a friend that claims that it is much better to get cards such as Capital One that give Travel rewards when one use the funds just to travel with.
I really do not know what is a better choice if one wants to travel and buy low fares. To be honest I cannot figure it out
Thank you all in advance for your suggestions
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Several Day Layover in London
- 2 United equipment change
- 3 I miss USAirways
- 4 Booking one way
- 5 Alitalia - Carry on luggage?
- 6 Thai Business Class BKK-NRT; ANA Business Class NRT-SEA
- 7 Major revisions to AAdvantage frequent flyer program
- 8 BA Seat Selection
- 9 layovers and luggage
- 10 AA First class LAX to NRT
- 11 Southwest "Honors" the Military
- 12 Flying from US with a prearranged VOA for Vietnam
- 13 Bravofly now doing an old scam again?
- 14 Asiana Business class SEA-ICN; Thai Air business class ICN-BKK
- 15 Any experience with #Mobile Passport?
- 16 Short layovers doable from Seattle to Peru?
- 17 Mileage Expiration
- 18 List of fares from MCI
- 19 China Airlines (the one with the pink flower symbol)
- 20 Orbitz? FlightHub? Cheapoair?
- 21 Qatar Airways - Terrible Customer Service
- 22 Hong Kong Air vs China Eastern?
- 23 Istanbul (Sabiha Gökçen) to Frankfurt–Turkish Airlines–Business Class
- 24 Is there a way to track my personal flight travel history?
- 25 Traveling to Dubai for first time