I hope that I can get advice on this matter.
In the past I bought flight tickets with my award mileage. I even applied to credit cards when I knew that I had a large purchase to make so I can get the 30-40,000 mileage offer. As usual it takes many phone calls to get flights on the dates I want in order to book the flight with the awards.
Now I have a friend that claims that it is much better to get cards such as Capital One that give Travel rewards when one use the funds just to travel with.
I really do not know what is a better choice if one wants to travel and buy low fares. To be honest I cannot figure it out
Thank you all in advance for your suggestions
award mileage with credit cards
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 SAS Airlines from SFO to CDG
- 2 How to get to JFK from Connecticut without driving
- 3 Booked on United with codes share to Europe/No seat reservation allowed
- 4 upgrading flights
- 5 Carryon allowances for US flights...have they changed?
- 6 Airfare for direct flight from Boston (BOS) to Paris (CDG) in April
- 7 SFO-ORD-BRU: 40 minutes changeover at ORD??
- 8 Any advice for flying on Spirit to Guatemala?
- 9 Hiw Much Time to get Thru Customs & Immigration at IAH
- 10 Kayak monthly search feature gone?
- 11 Manchester vs London flights from the US
- 12 Int. min time for connection @ ORD
- 13 can you suggest items for "care kit" for first time flyer?
- 14 Questions re. connecting in Toronto for a Europe flight
- 15 Sharing an excellent experience
- 16 Tiger Airways--Is it Really that Bad?
- 17 Fly home from Maldives or Mumbai?
- 18 Checked bag allowance for International travel
- 19 Air Canada - Vancouver-Montreal-QuebecCity
- 20 Gimpy Geezer and Wife Fly Air France A380 Premium Economy from DC to Europe
- 21 Jetstar Business Class
- 22 Which site to use (or not) to book airfare
- 23 spirit airlines usa
- 24 Using AA ff miles for Asia
- 25 How far in advance to book award travel