I hope that I can get advice on this matter.
In the past I bought flight tickets with my award mileage. I even applied to credit cards when I knew that I had a large purchase to make so I can get the 30-40,000 mileage offer. As usual it takes many phone calls to get flights on the dates I want in order to book the flight with the awards.
Now I have a friend that claims that it is much better to get cards such as Capital One that give Travel rewards when one use the funds just to travel with.
I really do not know what is a better choice if one wants to travel and buy low fares. To be honest I cannot figure it out
Thank you all in advance for your suggestions
award mileage with credit cards
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Comparing Business Class Experience: AA, USAir International
- 2 Review of Air France Premium Economy
- 3 Booked on United with codes share to Europe/No seat reservation allowed
- 4 Getting bumped from Premium Economy on Delta/KLM
- 5 Lufthansa Intra-Europe Travel: How strict on hand baggage?
- 6 Airfare to Italy
- 7 Booking a United award in Lufthansa premium economy: Is it possible?
- 8 Alitalia
- 9 Around the World Fare on OneWorld?
- 10 Layover in the airport
- 11 Bringing in Bali coffee to Brunei and UK.
- 12 Any difference between Air NZ Business Class seats, 777-300, 787?
- 13 AA Downgrading from 777's to 767's on DFW-FRA Route
- 14 San Jose Costa Rica to Havana Cuba
- 15 British Air Miles - Household Account Question
- 16 US Airways schedule changes
- 17 Confusing Lufthansa Carry On Weight Restrictions
- 18 use of united skylounge if flying a different airline
- 19 Need Advice on EU 261--contact Lufthansa or United for compensation?
- 20 Crease on passport ID page
- 21 Beware of Bravofly
- 22 never fly LIAT
- 23 JetBlue Amex card
- 24 21 hour layover in Doha?
- 25 Any input on recent KLM Premium Economy?