The new international terminal in Atlanta has the longest walk from departure gate to Passport Control for local departing passengers of any airport I have ever seen. It seems like miles. Just how long is it? We were offered a golfcart ride for part of one leg of the trip, but there was still a long walk after an elevator ride to the next level. Does anyone here know if moving walkways are planned or are they a cost-cutting concession? I can handle the walk easily enough, even with a backpack, but my wife has knee problems that make walking long distances difficult. I predict a large increase in the wheelchair crowd if the airport does not do something to reduce the walking burden.
Atlanta International Terminal
View all Air Travel activity »
- 1 For United Frequent Fliers: How will you get to Bangkok now?
- 2 Business Class Dilemma. Newbie. Please Help!
- 3 Asthma and Perfume on a Plane
- 4 Alaska when to book complicated trip
- 5 Buying business and coach tickets
- 6 Should I switch from AMEX/Delta to say VISA/United?
- 7 Trying again to get away. End of the year sometimes
- 8 Lufthansa one-way prices
- 9 Global Entry Program and TSA PreCheck Question
- 10 Is $361 per person reasonable SLC-Orlando
- 11 Best time to purchase ticket to Orlando from Salt Lake travel end of May?
- 12 Were you "stupid" to buy AA stocks ~2 years ago?
- 13 Medallion status after AA/USAIR merger
- 14 Worst US airline?
- 15 Beware of Bravofly
- 16 Virgin Atlantic Economy - Changeable?
- 17 Premium Economy on Quantas vs. Business Class on Delta?
- 18 Deceptive Airtran Bump Reimbursement
- 19 flight change and immigration time insight: Dallas to Frankfurt to Vienna
- 20 Continue on or stopover?
- 21 Breaking up a flight
- 22 Best routing on AA or BA; BOS/PMO; Business Class Award tix for 2; May 2014
- 23 Flying to the US with engagement ring.
- 24 aadvantage website
- 25 Singapore Airlines A380 Business Class SQ 322 Sin to London