The new international terminal in Atlanta has the longest walk from departure gate to Passport Control for local departing passengers of any airport I have ever seen. It seems like miles. Just how long is it? We were offered a golfcart ride for part of one leg of the trip, but there was still a long walk after an elevator ride to the next level. Does anyone here know if moving walkways are planned or are they a cost-cutting concession? I can handle the walk easily enough, even with a backpack, but my wife has knee problems that make walking long distances difficult. I predict a large increase in the wheelchair crowd if the airport does not do something to reduce the walking burden.
Atlanta International Terminal
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Need Advice Regarding Schedule Change
- 2 To select a seat or not>
- 3 1 Hour 1 minute connection in Newark
- 4 Using half of a RT ticket
- 5 ATL - domestic flight use security International terminal?
- 6 Unsealed pills ok for airlines?
- 7 Delta has changed my flight three times (so far)!
- 8 Turkish airlines
- 9 What to do at toronto airport ??
- 10 Frankfurt connection
- 11 Turkish Airlines / Layover at IST questions
- 12 Aadvantage seats availability
- 13 Schengen visa inquiry
- 14 Keeping AA miles alive
- 15 Singapore Airlines SilverKris Lounge Singapore Changi Airport
- 16 Singapore Airlines
- 17 Singapore Airlines vs Emirates
- 18 Singapore Airlines A380 Business Class SQ 322 Sin to London
- 19 Malaysia-Singapore-Taiwan
- 20 New rules for United Mileage Plus elite qualification
- 21 What to do about Travelguard denied insurance claim?
- 22 RUH to AMS via CDG-1 hr layover enough?
- 23 United Premier status?
- 24 Wow airlines discount flights to London from US
- 25 Independent ticketing