The new international terminal in Atlanta has the longest walk from departure gate to Passport Control for local departing passengers of any airport I have ever seen. It seems like miles. Just how long is it? We were offered a golfcart ride for part of one leg of the trip, but there was still a long walk after an elevator ride to the next level. Does anyone here know if moving walkways are planned or are they a cost-cutting concession? I can handle the walk easily enough, even with a backpack, but my wife has knee problems that make walking long distances difficult. I predict a large increase in the wheelchair crowd if the airport does not do something to reduce the walking burden.
Atlanta International Terminal
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Booked on United with codes share to Europe/No seat reservation allowed
- 2 Hiw Much Time to get Thru Customs & Immigration at IAH
- 3 Kayak monthly search feature gone?
- 4 upgrading flights
- 5 Manchester vs London flights from the US
- 6 Int. min time for connection @ ORD
- 7 How to get to JFK from Connecticut without driving
- 8 can you suggest items for "care kit" for first time flyer?
- 9 Questions re. connecting in Toronto for a Europe flight
- 10 Sharing an excellent experience
- 11 Tiger Airways--Is it Really that Bad?
- 12 Fly home from Maldives or Mumbai?
- 13 Checked bag allowance for International travel
- 14 Air Canada - Vancouver-Montreal-QuebecCity
- 15 Gimpy Geezer and Wife Fly Air France A380 Premium Economy from DC to Europe
- 16 Jetstar Business Class
- 17 Which site to use (or not) to book airfare
- 18 spirit airlines usa
- 19 Using AA ff miles for Asia
- 20 How far in advance to book award travel
- 21 Compensation from United Airlines for denial of boarding (involuntary)
- 22 Which airlines serve sparking mineral water to economy passengers?
- 23 Condor Airlines?
- 24 flying Phoenix to JFK to Rome on honeymoon...Where do we clear customs?
- 25 Buying two separate tickets a potential problem?