The new international terminal in Atlanta has the longest walk from departure gate to Passport Control for local departing passengers of any airport I have ever seen. It seems like miles. Just how long is it? We were offered a golfcart ride for part of one leg of the trip, but there was still a long walk after an elevator ride to the next level. Does anyone here know if moving walkways are planned or are they a cost-cutting concession? I can handle the walk easily enough, even with a backpack, but my wife has knee problems that make walking long distances difficult. I predict a large increase in the wheelchair crowd if the airport does not do something to reduce the walking burden.
Atlanta International Terminal
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Which Address on Luggage Tag?
- 2 Transferring air carriers and luggage?
- 3 TSA pre-check, what a joke!
- 4 Not Re-checking luggage at Port of Entry
- 5 airlines recommendation from the USA to Hong Kong
- 6 American 757 Economy: Renovated Interiors...?
- 7 TSA hand wipe
- 8 "Cabin max" backpacks
- 9 A mini-trip for Global Entry Interview
- 10 What to do about Travelguard denied insurance claim? please help
- 11 Saddle seats - coming to airbus soon
- 12 Avoid Alpha Flight Guru or be stranded somewhere and pay the price!
- 13 United flight reservation change
- 14 Amst-Spain - enough time to leave the airport?
- 15 economy plus seating on United Flights
- 16 Codeshares
- 17 First point if entry in USA
- 18 Help need about onward trabel
- 19 Missing middle name in system -- orbitz refuses to refund
- 20 Jacob Ng Community
- 21 Need Advice: Germany in October Prices
- 22 Austrian Airlines Business Class "Upgrade" - avoid
- 23 Cant get seats on united codeshare
- 24 LAX. Terminal 4 to terminal 6
- 25 Beware of Bravofly