The new international terminal in Atlanta has the longest walk from departure gate to Passport Control for local departing passengers of any airport I have ever seen. It seems like miles. Just how long is it? We were offered a golfcart ride for part of one leg of the trip, but there was still a long walk after an elevator ride to the next level. Does anyone here know if moving walkways are planned or are they a cost-cutting concession? I can handle the walk easily enough, even with a backpack, but my wife has knee problems that make walking long distances difficult. I predict a large increase in the wheelchair crowd if the airport does not do something to reduce the walking burden.
Atlanta International Terminal
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Best Time to Buy II: The Domestic Question
- 2 Layover Time
- 3 Delta in Amsterdam
- 4 Beware of Bravofly
- 5 AA FF Miles to Europe and Asia
- 6 Turkish Airlines in the UK
- 7 Recent experience with TSA pre-check
- 8 International flight to domestic connection at Atlanta Airport
- 9 Has anyone had experience with Iflybusiness.com?
- 10 airlines drop fares on tues or wed.
- 11 Baggage and two separate tickets
- 12 When to buy tickets
- 13 Business class discounted brokers. Fly with class.com
- 14 Toronto Airport - Sheraton Gateway Hotel for a long layover?
- 15 TSA hand wipe
- 16 Delta question?
- 17 Layover in London
- 18 AAdvantage DevAAluation
- 19 Transit in Dubai Airport Terminal 3
- 20 British Air or Air France
- 21 Connectiing in CDG good or bad?
- 22 Please help with Delta miles
- 23 How is Verling Airllibes?
- 24 Help: Transit through Frankfurt on way to Turkey (from US)
- 25 Air fares to Europe in August