Here's the scenario:
I booked online using the Air China website. Got my confirmation and E-ticket. I was calling them about some other questions I had regarding my reservation and was then notified that one of my flights was cancelled and I was not going to make a connection (FYI I was not notified of this cancellation). After many many phone calls I finally got my connection changed however no email confirmation was sent to me. Is this typical with e-tickets? I have also discovered "check my trip" and when I logged on, my changes were not reflected on the site? Should I be worried?
After my experience with Air China the past few weeks I don't trust them and I was already planning on calling them every week until I leave. But I was hoping "check my trip" would be an easier alternative than busy signals and waiting on hold for an hour.
Has anybody had a similar experience to share?
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Gmail Recovery APP CONTACT ☎ 1:800:540:6830 Gmail Technical SUPP0RT b*G
- 2 Airtreks and Bootsnall
- 3 Chocolates in carry on allowed?
- 4 El Salvador plane change
- 5 got bumped-how full was flight?
- 6 Travel with iPad on International Flight
- 7 TSA pre-approved?
- 8 Experiences with weather waivers?
- 9 SFO runway closures ?
- 10 Question
- 11 AA from PHL to LIH for Seniors
- 12 Excellent Experience on Singapore Airlines Long Haul cattle class
- 13 Help!
- 14 A horror story about Justfly
- 15 Amaszonas Airlines
- 16 Would you rather...KEF vs ARN Layover
- 17 You gotta love Southwest
- 18 Vancouver Ariport lounges?
- 19 Picking a seat on Virgin
- 20 Condor phone number???
- 21 Condor flight check-in, seat selection, bag check, etc help?
- 22 Connection time
- 23 Anyone need round trip tickets to France / Barcelona
- 24 Priceline BA Flight on AA Codeshare Questions
- 25 Carry on
Anyone use "Check My Trip"? Are changes to the ticket updated on the site?