I am sure this has been answered before in one form or another, but I want to make sure I get the info that applies to me, iykwim.
I have found a flight with Virgin Australia (though it is operated by Delta, due to their transpacific partnership) which leaves Sydney and lands at LAX at 6.55am. The flight that Virgin want to give me then leaves LAX at 9.00 for JFK.....
This seems crazy to me, that they would offer a transfer time of just over 2 hours, I don't know how comfortable I am in getting through both customs and immigration, then rechecking luggage and boarding my plane in just over 2 hours.
My husband thinks that they wouldn't offer the flights on the same itinerary if it were not possible but everything I have read says that we should give ourselves more time. If we were to miss the second flight due to waiting in line for customs or immigration would we be covered for another flight due to them being on the same ticket?
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 This testosterone strikes freely to your body
- 2 Voice calls during flights?
- 3 Anybody Flown AA Main Cabin Extra on the 789?
- 4 Flight Honolulu to New York
- 5 Scandinavian SAS Plus
- 6 Lufthansa or Condor Air
- 7 meal service on 10:30 pm deaprture?
- 8 connection in jfk for only 90 minutes
- 9 Connection Time at Heathrow.
- 10 Traveling to Spain in March
- 11 UA New (?) Economy Class Fare
- 12 Google Flights ?
- 13 Jat Airlines? (AKA Serbia Airlines?)
- 14 Norwegian Air - What's the catch?
- 15 LAX Domestic to Int'l Connx
- 16 Flying through Istanbul onto Montenego-Safety?
- 17 Premium Economy Virgin Atlantic
- 18 Help with Seats on KLM Flight
- 19 FLL Navigating Fort Lauderdale airport
- 20 Logging into my Aadvantage account
- 21 Does a OneWorld Explorer ticket make sense?
- 22 Flying "Backwards"
- 23 Europe (Lisbon) to Miami: Iberia or Lufthansa in terms of cabin comfort?
- 24 Asking for a sandwich in lieu of a hot meal
- 25 Reclining Seats in BA Premium Econ?