I am sure this has been answered before in one form or another, but I want to make sure I get the info that applies to me, iykwim.
I have found a flight with Virgin Australia (though it is operated by Delta, due to their transpacific partnership) which leaves Sydney and lands at LAX at 6.55am. The flight that Virgin want to give me then leaves LAX at 9.00 for JFK.....
This seems crazy to me, that they would offer a transfer time of just over 2 hours, I don't know how comfortable I am in getting through both customs and immigration, then rechecking luggage and boarding my plane in just over 2 hours.
My husband thinks that they wouldn't offer the flights on the same itinerary if it were not possible but everything I have read says that we should give ourselves more time. If we were to miss the second flight due to waiting in line for customs or immigration would we be covered for another flight due to them being on the same ticket?
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Miami International Airport
- 2 Question on checkin for international
- 3 travelling with ensure
- 4 BA not to fly to serve anymore.
- 5 Connection time
- 6 Flight from Athens to Santorini?
- 7 Connecting in Toronto for return to US
- 8 Award travel and fees
- 9 Arlanda connecting flight Intl to oslo Customs??
- 10 PHL layover
- 11 How to figure out the cost of a trip when purchasing insurance.
- 12 Is there a best day to book an international flight? a best day to fly?
- 13 searching for flights on Kayak
- 14 Medication Sleep Aid for 30+ Hours Travel
- 15 PHL-CDG airline change with checked bags (less than 2 hrs) HELP!!!
- 16 U.K. Registered Traveler vs Fast Track
- 17 Booking with airline vs. Orbitz or Priceline
- 18 Complimentary upgrades on Delta with companion
- 19 Which site to use (or not) to book airfare
- 20 Purchasing third coach seat for two passengers on international flight
- 21 Renewal of Global Entry
- 22 added cost on BA tickets
- 23 transfer at LHR or CDG
- 24 American Airlines, Iberia, British Airways
- 25 KLM/Delta flight