I am sure this has been answered before in one form or another, but I want to make sure I get the info that applies to me, iykwim.
I have found a flight with Virgin Australia (though it is operated by Delta, due to their transpacific partnership) which leaves Sydney and lands at LAX at 6.55am. The flight that Virgin want to give me then leaves LAX at 9.00 for JFK.....
This seems crazy to me, that they would offer a transfer time of just over 2 hours, I don't know how comfortable I am in getting through both customs and immigration, then rechecking luggage and boarding my plane in just over 2 hours.
My husband thinks that they wouldn't offer the flights on the same itinerary if it were not possible but everything I have read says that we should give ourselves more time. If we were to miss the second flight due to waiting in line for customs or immigration would we be covered for another flight due to them being on the same ticket?
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 http://www.healthdietalert.com/dermafolia/
- 2 Car seat harassment
- 3 Saga Class on Icelandair
- 4 JAL or AA business--LAX to TKO
- 5 Checked Luggage on Separate Tickets
- 6 Short Layover (1 hour) in Seattle/Tacoma?
- 7 International arrival - easiest airport for connection?
- 8 Carry on
- 9 LAX Terminal Reshuffle
- 10 WestJet to add budget line
- 11 JetBlue Hub in Fort Lauderdale
- 12 gate distance
- 13 When can the pilot turn off the fasten seatbelt sign
- 14 Luggage Newark - Houston - Belize and back
- 15 Luggage tag
- 16 Premium Economy - Air France vs Lufthansa
- 17 Departing FCO
- 18 carryon fee on international flights?
- 19 Incomplete first name on international ticket
- 20 FCO - CDG - SFO connection
- 21 Medication Sleep Aid for 30+ Hours Travel
- 22 Changing terminals in Philadelphia
- 23 AirAsia not accepting payment
- 24 enough time for this flight?
- 25 live in Seattle and dreaming of London? Norwegian arrives Sept!