I am sure this has been answered before in one form or another, but I want to make sure I get the info that applies to me, iykwim.
I have found a flight with Virgin Australia (though it is operated by Delta, due to their transpacific partnership) which leaves Sydney and lands at LAX at 6.55am. The flight that Virgin want to give me then leaves LAX at 9.00 for JFK.....
This seems crazy to me, that they would offer a transfer time of just over 2 hours, I don't know how comfortable I am in getting through both customs and immigration, then rechecking luggage and boarding my plane in just over 2 hours.
My husband thinks that they wouldn't offer the flights on the same itinerary if it were not possible but everything I have read says that we should give ourselves more time. If we were to miss the second flight due to waiting in line for customs or immigration would we be covered for another flight due to them being on the same ticket?
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 http://bellasvish.com/rapiture-muscle-builder/
- 2 United or Air France? (Business class)
- 3 Beware the Frankfurt Airport
- 4 Can a person buy two seats on the same flight for just
- 5 Southwest boarding
- 6 "under the seat space"
- 7 is RMB necessary for layover in Chinese airport
- 8 Contact # for Delta
- 9 BUD to ZRH to USA
- 10 Starting my Planning
- 11 Another kid-on-the-plane story
- 12 Heathrow Terminal 5
- 13 RE minimum transfer time Schiphol!
- 14 What has become of AA flights to Europe? All BA now.
- 15 Transfer to Vermont from JFK
- 16 Using american voucher
- 17 UA Carry-On Policy
- 18 Has using FF miles on AA got a lot harder?
- 19 Customs and Connection Times
- 20 BA short turnaround time
- 21 Best airport lounge at Narita?
- 22 Quick trip to attain frequent flyer status
- 23 easyJet westard-ho
- 24 Toronto to Europe - Open Jaw Prices
- 25 Combining star alliance tickets if purchased separately.