I am sure this has been answered before in one form or another, but I want to make sure I get the info that applies to me, iykwim.
I have found a flight with Virgin Australia (though it is operated by Delta, due to their transpacific partnership) which leaves Sydney and lands at LAX at 6.55am. The flight that Virgin want to give me then leaves LAX at 9.00 for JFK.....
This seems crazy to me, that they would offer a transfer time of just over 2 hours, I don't know how comfortable I am in getting through both customs and immigration, then rechecking luggage and boarding my plane in just over 2 hours.
My husband thinks that they wouldn't offer the flights on the same itinerary if it were not possible but everything I have read says that we should give ourselves more time. If we were to miss the second flight due to waiting in line for customs or immigration would we be covered for another flight due to them being on the same ticket?
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Getting Global entry interview appointment
- 2 Miami Airport-clearing customs question
- 3 What should I know about flying Southwest?
- 4 Heathrow: Can I make it?
- 5 Atlanta Immigration & Customs
- 6 Renewal of Global Entry
- 7 IAD connection time of 1 hour 5 minutes for flight to Copenhagen.
- 8 More cheap transatlantic flights coming
- 9 Complimentary upgrades on Delta with companion
- 10 Do you get miles with upgraded Econ. fare
- 11 UA New (?) Economy Class Fare
- 12 Ideas for stop over from MAUI to BOS
- 13 Wedding + Honeymoon (Toronto / Sao Paulo / Male)
- 14 Documents for E-tickets?
- 15 Qantas A380 vs 744 in economy
- 16 Enough time
- 17 Flight Review – Vancouver to Hong Kong – Air Canada – Business Class
- 18 American Airines - Bad plane going; No plane coming back
- 19 Fare searches with flexible dates.
- 20 BA economy premiun seats
- 21 BA not to fly to serve anymore.
- 22 JFK Time Between Terminals?
- 23 British Airways headphones/earbuds
- 24 Book inter-Europe as part of open-jaw?
- 25 Which site to use (or not) to book airfare