I don't do a lot of international travel and I'm having trouble interpreting if the Schengen will apply in a way that will help me.
I am flying home to Los Angeles International (LAX) from Frankfurt International Airport (FRA) on Lufthansa.
However, I'll be coming from Amsterdam-Schiphol Airport (AMS) that morning with a mere 55 minutes before my international flight is schedule to depart.
These flights were arranged by our American Express business travel office/officer. What has me worried (perhaps for no good reason other than inexperience) is that 55 minutes isn't enough time.
I am not clear, but assuming that for this to work:
1. my luggage will be checked through (no need to pick it up and drop it off again)
2. that <55 minutes is enough time for that to happen
3. that no significant passport control/lines are involved (or no passport at all since I land in Terminal 1 and depart from Terminal 1)
Flight: Lufthansa #1003
Departure Location: Amsterdam-Schiphol Airport (AMS)
Departure Time: Sunday, August 09 at 08:00 AM CEST
Arrival Location: Frankfurt International Airport (FRA)
Arrival Time: Sunday, August 09 at 09:10 AM CEST
Arrival Terminal: Terminal 1
Flight: Lufthansa #456
Departure Location: Frankfurt International Airport (FRA)
Departure Time: Sunday, August 09 at 10:05 AM CEST
Departure Terminal: Terminal 1
55 minutes does not seem like enough time to connect for an International flight and makes an assumption that I depart AMS on-time and arrive on-time.
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 RACKSPACE 1888 260 2909 Installation renewal contact RACKSPACE tec*h
- 2 Connecting flight in heathrow--2 hours
- 3 Royal Air Moroc Reviews
- 4 Traveling with two passports, with different names.
- 5 United or Air France? (Business class)
- 6 Global Entry application status question
- 7 Customs question
- 8 "under the seat space"
- 9 United Mileage plus upgrade waitlist?
- 10 Contact # for Delta
- 11 Using american voucher
- 12 Beware the Frankfurt Airport
- 13 Can a person buy two seats on the same flight for just
- 14 Southwest boarding
- 15 is RMB necessary for layover in Chinese airport
- 16 BUD to ZRH to USA
- 17 Starting my Planning
- 18 Another kid-on-the-plane story
- 19 Heathrow Terminal 5
- 20 RE minimum transfer time Schiphol!
- 21 What has become of AA flights to Europe? All BA now.
- 22 Transfer to Vermont from JFK
- 23 UA Carry-On Policy
- 24 Has using FF miles on AA got a lot harder?
- 25 Customs and Connection Times