We flew to FLL on SWA and we sent the kids and their baby from Lexington Ky on Allegiant. On the way down, they were delayed over 4 hours and didn't arrive till 9 pm. Glad they ate early! We all flew Spirit to Puerto Rico with no problems or delays and would do it again. We arrived with no delays on SWA, our kids are still in FLL getting no answers about the delays.they were supposed to leave at noon and now are scheduled at 7:30. They did manage to check luggage and spend a few hours in FLL on water taxi, so they didn't have to sit 8 hours with a one year old in an airport. I will never , ever book anyone I love on Allegiant. Yes, we saved about 200 bucks, no it was not worth it at all.
Allegiant and Spirit experience
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Mobile Board Passes--
- 2 Business Class Summer Sales
- 3 Sleeping pills for long haul flights
- 4 Choices for Air - AF, KLM via Europe OR SAA via JNB to HARARE, Zim
- 5 AA or BA to OSL
- 6 Best Airline for Trip to Istanbul
- 7 What to pack in your "personal item" for an overseas flight
- 8 Visas and flight diversions
- 9 Singapore Airlines vs Emirates
- 10 Half Empty Airliner
- 11 Non Refundable Tickets
- 12 Scarcity of award travel in July on United Airlines
- 13 A Entire Area Blocked Off?
- 14 AA and USair
- 15 Multi-city pricing and strategy
- 16 Ailine security- a strange question
- 17 Paris-London-Dublin
- 18 Orbitz or Cheaptickets or Priceline via Kayak?
- 19 Should I purchase now?
- 20 Flight not always appearing on United website
- 21 Curious...ORD to NAN
- 22 Not showing up for a connecting flight - to tell or not to tell?
- 23 Duty Free Liquor
- 24 United to enforce carry-on size limits
- 25 definition of internationl "secure" area with international airports