I am looking to fly direct to Rome from JFK. My choices are Delta and Alitalia. Delta will cost me $1000 more (for my family of 3). I have heard about their bankruptcy issues, rude service, and even scarier a crash cover up. I don't care if I don't get great service but am worried about safety. I am a nervous flyer. Is it worth the extra money to fly Delta? I have searched seat guru and see there is a possibility of 2 planes. One is an older airbus model I would rather not be on. Opinions.
View all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Using AA miles to Tasmania in spring 2014?
- 2 Business Class Dilemma. Newbie. Please Help!
- 3 For United Frequent Fliers: How will you get to Bangkok now?
- 4 Does FRA offer "golf cart" type transfers for mobility impaired?
- 5 Booking FF Tixs on USAIR
- 6 Subject to Government Approval?
- 7 Gate Check Question
- 8 Trying again to get away. End of the year sometimes
- 9 Alaska when to book complicated trip
- 10 Should I switch from AMEX/Delta to say VISA/United?
- 11 JFK terminal 5 to 7
- 12 Worst US airline?
- 13 Asthma and Perfume on a Plane
- 14 Buying business and coach tickets
- 15 Lufthansa one-way prices
- 16 Global Entry Program and TSA PreCheck Question
- 17 Is $361 per person reasonable SLC-Orlando
- 18 Best time to purchase ticket to Orlando from Salt Lake travel end of May?
- 19 Were you "stupid" to buy AA stocks ~2 years ago?
- 20 Medallion status after AA/USAIR merger
- 21 Beware of Bravofly
- 22 Virgin Atlantic Economy - Changeable?
- 23 Premium Economy on Quantas vs. Business Class on Delta?
- 24 Deceptive Airtran Bump Reimbursement
- 25 flight change and immigration time insight: Dallas to Frankfurt to Vienna