A few months ago, 3 days before my return flight from Milwaukee to Santa Fe, where I live, American Airlines called me to say the flight was cancelled on that day. They were not able to get me another flight to Santa Fe and I ended up getting a flight to Alburquerque. I then had to arrange and pay for transportation from the airport to Santa Fe.
I paid $350 for a round trip ticket from Santa Fe to Milwaukee, instead of $194 for a flight from Alburquerque to Milwaukee. I was willing to pay more to fly out and into Santa Fe, and was instead given a cheaper flight to a town an hours drive away. They said they could refund part of what I'd paid but my refund wouldn't come for weeks or more and a last minute ticket would have been more expensive.
My family lives in Milwaukee so I travel there several times a year.
What can I do when that happens?
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 (800) 273 3602 United Airlines International Flights Number
- 2 Hypothetical question
- 3 How Many Stamps in Your Passport?
- 4 AA Aadvantage Website is Making Me CRAZY!!!
- 5 First time traveler in need of serious advices
- 6 Is it worth looking into a travel agent for booking flights?
- 7 Bravofly issue
- 8 Connecting through Pearson (Europe-USA) on 2 tickets
- 9 BA strike through August! Should I book alternate flights?
- 10 Air Berlin flight rebooking fiasco
- 11 AC Montreal-FCO: scheduling train to Florence
- 12 American Airlines to SAS
- 13 Suggestion for travel agent just to book flights?
- 14 Solo trip to Spain ..then on to London on own???
- 15 Best time to buy tix on Southwest
- 16 2017 World's Top 100 Airlines Identified
- 17 JFK-LHR-Athens. How much time is needed at Heathrow?
- 18 procedure to get tourist visa to austria for Indian
- 19 Long flight tips and entertainment
- 20 Separate tickets with only carry ons -- do I have to go through customs?
- 21 Norwegian Airlines in Chicago
- 22 How much time do I need to switch planes in CDG
- 23 UA Mileage FF Changes
- 24 Travel with iPad on International Flight
- 25 Is it necessary to book a longer layover for this?