I would like to ask the opinions of those whom are more experienced in international travel than myself (my own experience being zilch ). I have been checking daily (yes daily, lol) for the last month, and occasionally for several months before that on airfare from PHX to FCO (late september) and VCE to PHX (mid-October)... I am looking at $1340 for each traveller (there are two of us). This price has not fluctuated a dollar either way, it is almost the cheapest fare using ITA software and many other sites, and this airline DEFINITELY has the most convenient flight times and only one plane change each way. Travel dates are set, as lodging is booked (lodging was much more important to us).
So my question: We don't know if we should bite the bullet and book (we were hoping to book for ~$1000 USD). Would you all wait if it was your vacation or go ahead and book? We can afford these tickets and there are good seats available at the moment... my biggest concern is the expected and dramatic rise of fuel prices this summer!! Thoughts?
Wow... that ended up lengthy
Well, as always, I appreciate all contributions on this forum!
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Flying through Istanbul onto Montenego-Safety?
- 2 Voice calls during flights?
- 3 17 hours layover in Heathrow (LHR). What are our options?
- 4 Anybody Flown AA Main Cabin Extra on the 789?
- 5 Flight Honolulu to New York
- 6 Scandinavian SAS Plus
- 7 Lufthansa or Condor Air
- 8 meal service on 10:30 pm deaprture?
- 9 connection in jfk for only 90 minutes
- 10 Connection Time at Heathrow.
- 11 Traveling to Spain in March
- 12 UA New (?) Economy Class Fare
- 13 Google Flights ?
- 14 Jat Airlines? (AKA Serbia Airlines?)
- 15 Norwegian Air - What's the catch?
- 16 LAX Domestic to Int'l Connx
- 17 Premium Economy Virgin Atlantic
- 18 Help with Seats on KLM Flight
- 19 FLL Navigating Fort Lauderdale airport
- 20 Logging into my Aadvantage account
- 21 Does a OneWorld Explorer ticket make sense?
- 22 Flying "Backwards"
- 23 Europe (Lisbon) to Miami: Iberia or Lufthansa in terms of cabin comfort?
- 24 Asking for a sandwich in lieu of a hot meal
- 25 Reclining Seats in BA Premium Econ?