I would like to ask the opinions of those whom are more experienced in international travel than myself (my own experience being zilch ). I have been checking daily (yes daily, lol) for the last month, and occasionally for several months before that on airfare from PHX to FCO (late september) and VCE to PHX (mid-October)... I am looking at $1340 for each traveller (there are two of us). This price has not fluctuated a dollar either way, it is almost the cheapest fare using ITA software and many other sites, and this airline DEFINITELY has the most convenient flight times and only one plane change each way. Travel dates are set, as lodging is booked (lodging was much more important to us).
So my question: We don't know if we should bite the bullet and book (we were hoping to book for ~$1000 USD). Would you all wait if it was your vacation or go ahead and book? We can afford these tickets and there are good seats available at the moment... my biggest concern is the expected and dramatic rise of fuel prices this summer!! Thoughts?
Wow... that ended up lengthy
Well, as always, I appreciate all contributions on this forum!
Airfare - Italy
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Changing flights
- 2 Etihad is an anagram of 'I hated...'
- 3 Mobile Board Passes--
- 4 Sleeping pills for long haul flights
- 5 Business Class Summer Sales
- 6 Choices for Air - AF, KLM via Europe OR SAA via JNB to HARARE, Zim
- 7 AA or BA to OSL
- 8 Best Airline for Trip to Istanbul
- 9 What to pack in your "personal item" for an overseas flight
- 10 Visas and flight diversions
- 11 Singapore Airlines vs Emirates
- 12 Half Empty Airliner
- 13 Non Refundable Tickets
- 14 Scarcity of award travel in July on United Airlines
- 15 A Entire Area Blocked Off?
- 16 AA and USair
- 17 Multi-city pricing and strategy
- 18 Ailine security- a strange question
- 19 Paris-London-Dublin
- 20 Orbitz or Cheaptickets or Priceline via Kayak?
- 21 Should I purchase now?
- 22 Flight not always appearing on United website
- 23 Curious...ORD to NAN
- 24 Not showing up for a connecting flight - to tell or not to tell?
- 25 Duty Free Liquor