I have all my dates confirmed and I need to fly from Vilnius to Riga.
On my return flight home, I will be flying airBaltic on the 1st leg of my trip and then Air France.
I've emailed airBaltic and phoned them before writing. Their phone line asks for an ID number which I don't have. I got a reply for my international flight query and they wrote to contact the booking agency, in my case it's KLM. I've yet to receive any reply concerning the heavy baggage fee. I've just emailed KLM.
1. I know my suitcase will exceed the 20kg limit but by less than 5 kg. On their website, had I made a purchase before March, I could've paid a euro 25 flat fee for each additional 5 kg but this option is no longer available. It's cheaper if I buy a Basic ticket. So do I buy and pay for 2 pieces of checked luggage? Do I get stuck paying euro 40 at the airport? They keep saying how it's less expensive to buy additional kgs while booking but unless it's buying 2 baggages, they do not offer any other service. I went through the whole purchase process.
2. On my international flight back home, I will be flying out of Riga with airBaltic to Paris then onwards with Air France/KLM. There is no way that after 3 weeks of travel my luggage will not exceed 20kg. Which airline's baggage restrictions will apply? How can I prevent a surprise extra fee?
3. Do you think the airport at Vilnius will be less strict with the baggage allowance vs the Riga airport?
4. There is euro10 to check in at the counter at Riga airport. Have any of you tried their other check-in options?
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Fiesta time flying Avianca,Miami to Bue
- 2 Going to Canada.
- 3 Around the World Fare on OneWorld?
- 4 Ticketed Name entered incorrectly. Help……
- 5 United starts offering free beer and wine Internationally
- 6 Orbitz Booking Error
- 7 What to expect at customs
- 8 ORBITZ SITE -PROBLEMs Contacting Customer Service
- 9 Review of Air France Premium Economy
- 10 Separate connecting flights at CDG under 3 hours apart - sufficient?
- 11 Air Berlin
- 12 EDI to Heathrow
- 13 Istanbul ataturk airport visa required?
- 14 53 minute layover in el salvador!
- 15 DFW to Basel via LHR - clearing immigration & Customs
- 16 Viet Nam Airlines
- 17 Purchasing a flight from Barcelona to Lisbon
- 18 1hr 10min connection at GDG do-able?
- 19 Southwest airlines to Costa Rica
- 20 Expired License and TSA
- 21 Poster tubes as carry-on
- 22 ATL, nice cafe outside secure zone
- 23 The life of lost luggage
- 24 My 777 seat doesn't appear on maps
- 25 Getting bumped from Premium Economy on Delta/KLM
airBaltic baggage allowance over 20kg (domestic and international)