I have all my dates confirmed and I need to fly from Vilnius to Riga.
On my return flight home, I will be flying airBaltic on the 1st leg of my trip and then Air France.
I've emailed airBaltic and phoned them before writing. Their phone line asks for an ID number which I don't have. I got a reply for my international flight query and they wrote to contact the booking agency, in my case it's KLM. I've yet to receive any reply concerning the heavy baggage fee. I've just emailed KLM.
1. I know my suitcase will exceed the 20kg limit but by less than 5 kg. On their website, had I made a purchase before March, I could've paid a euro 25 flat fee for each additional 5 kg but this option is no longer available. It's cheaper if I buy a Basic ticket. So do I buy and pay for 2 pieces of checked luggage? Do I get stuck paying euro 40 at the airport? They keep saying how it's less expensive to buy additional kgs while booking but unless it's buying 2 baggages, they do not offer any other service. I went through the whole purchase process.
2. On my international flight back home, I will be flying out of Riga with airBaltic to Paris then onwards with Air France/KLM. There is no way that after 3 weeks of travel my luggage will not exceed 20kg. Which airline's baggage restrictions will apply? How can I prevent a surprise extra fee?
3. Do you think the airport at Vilnius will be less strict with the baggage allowance vs the Riga airport?
4. There is euro10 to check in at the counter at Riga airport. Have any of you tried their other check-in options?
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Jat Airlines? (AKA Serbia Airlines?)
- 2 Lufthansa or Condor Air
- 3 UA New (?) Economy Class Fare
- 4 Connection Time at Heathrow.
- 5 Norwegian Air - What's the catch?
- 6 LAX Domestic to Int'l Connx
- 7 Traveling to Spain in March
- 8 Flying through Istanbul onto Montenego-Safety?
- 9 Premium Economy Virgin Atlantic
- 10 Help with Seats on KLM Flight
- 11 Google Flights ?
- 12 FLL Navigating Fort Lauderdale airport
- 13 Logging into my Aadvantage account
- 14 Does a OneWorld Explorer ticket make sense?
- 15 Flying "Backwards"
- 16 Europe (Lisbon) to Miami: Iberia or Lufthansa in terms of cabin comfort?
- 17 Asking for a sandwich in lieu of a hot meal
- 18 Reclining Seats in BA Premium Econ?
- 19 Delta and Virgin
- 20 Cancellation of Thai Airway return trip ticket
- 21 Newark connection
- 22 connection in jfk for only 90 minutes
- 23 Which airline for Paris/Nice?
- 24 Ticket spelling error with Orbitz
- 25 Cooperating with Airport Security
airBaltic baggage allowance over 20kg (domestic and international)