I have all my dates confirmed and I need to fly from Vilnius to Riga.
On my return flight home, I will be flying airBaltic on the 1st leg of my trip and then Air France.
I've emailed airBaltic and phoned them before writing. Their phone line asks for an ID number which I don't have. I got a reply for my international flight query and they wrote to contact the booking agency, in my case it's KLM. I've yet to receive any reply concerning the heavy baggage fee. I've just emailed KLM.
1. I know my suitcase will exceed the 20kg limit but by less than 5 kg. On their website, had I made a purchase before March, I could've paid a euro 25 flat fee for each additional 5 kg but this option is no longer available. It's cheaper if I buy a Basic ticket. So do I buy and pay for 2 pieces of checked luggage? Do I get stuck paying euro 40 at the airport? They keep saying how it's less expensive to buy additional kgs while booking but unless it's buying 2 baggages, they do not offer any other service. I went through the whole purchase process.
2. On my international flight back home, I will be flying out of Riga with airBaltic to Paris then onwards with Air France/KLM. There is no way that after 3 weeks of travel my luggage will not exceed 20kg. Which airline's baggage restrictions will apply? How can I prevent a surprise extra fee?
3. Do you think the airport at Vilnius will be less strict with the baggage allowance vs the Riga airport?
4. There is euro10 to check in at the counter at Riga airport. Have any of you tried their other check-in options?
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 http://supplementforehealthy.com/renuvica/
- 2 Separate tickets with only carry ons -- do I have to go through customs?
- 3 Check your electronics or fly American
- 4 Priority Pass - Worth It?
- 5 Sea-Tac Virgin Atlantic flight
- 6 Flying through Casablanca
- 7 How to book YYZ-ZRH-NBO-YYZ ?
- 8 what if connecting flight cancels
- 9 enough time for this flight?
- 10 Qantas FF access to Emirates lounge CDG?
- 11 aRound-The-World for less than $/€ 1,200
- 12 EasyJet
- 13 TSA OR Global Entry
- 14 How to figure out the cost of a trip when purchasing insurance.
- 15 "This route is pending regulatory approval."
- 16 Medication Sleep Aid for 30+ Hours Travel
- 17 U.K. Registered Traveler vs Fast Track
- 18 How do you get from terminal 8 to terminal 2 at JFK airport?
- 19 Amsterdam flight change
- 20 AA FF flights
- 21 Consolidators for Biz Class - has any one used one?
- 22 Delta/Virgin Atlantic carryon sizes
- 23 Ways to stay entertained at Toronto Airport
- 24 Compensation after engine fire, 2 day delay
- 25 Europe's LCC routes - lots of changes!
airBaltic baggage allowance over 20kg (domestic and international)