I have all my dates confirmed and I need to fly from Vilnius to Riga.
On my return flight home, I will be flying airBaltic on the 1st leg of my trip and then Air France.
I've emailed airBaltic and phoned them before writing. Their phone line asks for an ID number which I don't have. I got a reply for my international flight query and they wrote to contact the booking agency, in my case it's KLM. I've yet to receive any reply concerning the heavy baggage fee. I've just emailed KLM.
1. I know my suitcase will exceed the 20kg limit but by less than 5 kg. On their website, had I made a purchase before March, I could've paid a euro 25 flat fee for each additional 5 kg but this option is no longer available. It's cheaper if I buy a Basic ticket. So do I buy and pay for 2 pieces of checked luggage? Do I get stuck paying euro 40 at the airport? They keep saying how it's less expensive to buy additional kgs while booking but unless it's buying 2 baggages, they do not offer any other service. I went through the whole purchase process.
2. On my international flight back home, I will be flying out of Riga with airBaltic to Paris then onwards with Air France/KLM. There is no way that after 3 weeks of travel my luggage will not exceed 20kg. Which airline's baggage restrictions will apply? How can I prevent a surprise extra fee?
3. Do you think the airport at Vilnius will be less strict with the baggage allowance vs the Riga airport?
4. There is euro10 to check in at the counter at Riga airport. Have any of you tried their other check-in options?
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Medication Sleep Aid for 30+ Hours Travel
- 2 http://supplementbase.com/slim-fit-180
- 3 Layover
- 4 Flight from Athens to Santorini?
- 5 Transferring in Beijing to Hong Kong
- 6 Getting Global entry interview appointment
- 7 Miami Airport-clearing customs question
- 8 What should I know about flying Southwest?
- 9 Heathrow: Can I make it?
- 10 Atlanta Immigration & Customs
- 11 Renewal of Global Entry
- 12 IAD connection time of 1 hour 5 minutes for flight to Copenhagen.
- 13 More cheap transatlantic flights coming
- 14 Complimentary upgrades on Delta with companion
- 15 Do you get miles with upgraded Econ. fare
- 16 UA New (?) Economy Class Fare
- 17 Ideas for stop over from MAUI to BOS
- 18 Wedding + Honeymoon (Toronto / Sao Paulo / Male)
- 19 Documents for E-tickets?
- 20 Qantas A380 vs 744 in economy
- 21 Enough time
- 22 Flight Review – Vancouver to Hong Kong – Air Canada – Business Class
- 23 American Airines - Bad plane going; No plane coming back
- 24 Fare searches with flexible dates.
- 25 BA economy premiun seats
airBaltic baggage allowance over 20kg (domestic and international)