I have all my dates confirmed and I need to fly from Vilnius to Riga.
On my return flight home, I will be flying airBaltic on the 1st leg of my trip and then Air France.
I've emailed airBaltic and phoned them before writing. Their phone line asks for an ID number which I don't have. I got a reply for my international flight query and they wrote to contact the booking agency, in my case it's KLM. I've yet to receive any reply concerning the heavy baggage fee. I've just emailed KLM.
1. I know my suitcase will exceed the 20kg limit but by less than 5 kg. On their website, had I made a purchase before March, I could've paid a euro 25 flat fee for each additional 5 kg but this option is no longer available. It's cheaper if I buy a Basic ticket. So do I buy and pay for 2 pieces of checked luggage? Do I get stuck paying euro 40 at the airport? They keep saying how it's less expensive to buy additional kgs while booking but unless it's buying 2 baggages, they do not offer any other service. I went through the whole purchase process.
2. On my international flight back home, I will be flying out of Riga with airBaltic to Paris then onwards with Air France/KLM. There is no way that after 3 weeks of travel my luggage will not exceed 20kg. Which airline's baggage restrictions will apply? How can I prevent a surprise extra fee?
3. Do you think the airport at Vilnius will be less strict with the baggage allowance vs the Riga airport?
4. There is euro10 to check in at the counter at Riga airport. Have any of you tried their other check-in options?
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 precise gain knowledge of, where we will
- 2 http://www.maxmusclestack.com/electra-hair-brush
- 3 PHL-CDG airline change with checked bags (less than 2 hrs) HELP!!!
- 4 Frustrated w/ 1 qt bag limit
- 5 Using half of a round trip ticket...
- 6 Changing Dates on United FF award tix
- 7 Sky Airlines - buying tickets from USA over internet!
- 8 Handicap assistance at FCO
- 9 KLM Business Class
- 10 Travelling to Australia on a passport with less then 6 months validity?
- 11 Admirals Club Lounge Access for First Class Int'l Passengers?
- 12 First time, Best Business class?
- 13 Flying from Tokyo (NRT or HND) to San Francisco (SFO or SJC). Options?
- 14 Which airport for connection to/from Europe?
- 15 Best ideas to pack in your carry on?
- 16 Eurowings & Cologne Airpot
- 17 Miami>LHR>AMS
- 18 From NYC to MAD and to NYC from LISBON..direct flights
- 19 Comments on BA BOS-LHR flights, equipment
- 20 Asking for a sandwich in lieu of a hot meal
- 21 KLM is unfair to vegetarians!
- 22 Using American Miles
- 23 Changing airlines n 1.5 h in CDG, is it possible?
- 24 Airline sold ticket with short connection
- 25 Student Universe
airBaltic baggage allowance over 20kg (domestic and international)