We just booked a China Itinerary which we are happy with, and the total cost was manageable in part because we are ticketed on Air China which evidently has a "discount fare" agreement with the agency.
I've been reading through the threads, and it appears that Air China is not everyone's favorite carrier. There have been concerns about broken equipment and lack of maintenance in the restrooms. Others have had complaints about no seatback monitors.
Just wondering if any of you who might have flown from LA to Beijing recently have anything good go say. By "good" I mean "not that bad". Just curious.
My main concern, of course, is safety, and if safety standards are met, I can overlook small things.
I flew Egyptair to Egypt just before all the trouble went down over there, and before leaving I read things similar to what I'm reading about Air China now. Happy to say, the Egyptair flight was fine--comparable to many other ok major long haul carriers I've flown over the years.
Hoping to hear that someone has recently had on ok Air China experience out of LA.
Also, while we on the subject, and I may have to call on this, but can passengers choose their seats before getting to the airport?
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Is 8 months too early to buy and international plane ticket?
- 2 Shopping duty Free On Board versus On Ground
- 3 Best time to buy tix on Southwest
- 4 Traveling abroad with gift box as carry-on?
- 5 Travel with iPad on International Flight
- 6 El Salvador plane change
- 7 Norwegian Airlines through Expedia
- 8 1st RTW- cheapest place to start?
- 9 United and ANA
- 10 How much time do I need to switch planes in CDG
- 11 Newark Terminal Transfer
- 12 Redeeming Miles with a Capital One Card
- 13 Free Stopovers in Europe, flying from NYC?
- 14 Best/worst airlines for traveling with pets?
- 15 Porter or Air Canada?
- 16 Going through security with herbs?
- 17 Help me get award tickets using variety of points
- 18 Foot Rests? China Airlines Premium Economy Experiences ??
- 19 Chocolates in carry on allowed?
- 20 Is it safe to put a laptop in a carry on suitcase?
- 21 Booking with airline vs. Orbitz or Priceline
- 22 What can be done if one date is wrong?
- 23 West Coast USA>France routes
- 24 Excellent Experience on Singapore Airlines Long Haul cattle class
- 25 Domestic to Int'l at JFK