We just booked a China Itinerary which we are happy with, and the total cost was manageable in part because we are ticketed on Air China which evidently has a "discount fare" agreement with the agency.
I've been reading through the threads, and it appears that Air China is not everyone's favorite carrier. There have been concerns about broken equipment and lack of maintenance in the restrooms. Others have had complaints about no seatback monitors.
Just wondering if any of you who might have flown from LA to Beijing recently have anything good go say. By "good" I mean "not that bad". Just curious.
My main concern, of course, is safety, and if safety standards are met, I can overlook small things.
I flew Egyptair to Egypt just before all the trouble went down over there, and before leaving I read things similar to what I'm reading about Air China now. Happy to say, the Egyptair flight was fine--comparable to many other ok major long haul carriers I've flown over the years.
Hoping to hear that someone has recently had on ok Air China experience out of LA.
Also, while we on the subject, and I may have to call on this, but can passengers choose their seats before getting to the airport?
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Turkish Airlines to fly to Miami
- 2 American award travel to Europe
- 3 Worried my mother won't be able to fly!
- 4 Going to Canada.
- 5 Carryon allowances for US flights...have they changed?
- 6 ATL, nice cafe outside secure zone
- 7 Help Please: From JFK to 5th Avenue?
- 8 Booked Lufthansa/United via Expedia - worried about seat reservation
- 9 Have to cancel Delta award tix - best to resched. or back into account?
- 10 Keep Skymiles tix for Euro segments or buy cheap alternative?
- 11 Which terminal at Heathrow will TAP fly into?
- 12 Around the World Fare on OneWorld?
- 13 Connecting Flights in Heathrow
- 14 Review of Air France Premium Economy
- 15 Ticketed Name entered incorrectly. Help……
- 16 Fiesta time flying Avianca,Miami to Bue
- 17 United starts offering free beer and wine Internationally
- 18 Orbitz Booking Error
- 19 What to expect at customs
- 20 ORBITZ SITE -PROBLEMs Contacting Customer Service
- 21 Separate connecting flights at CDG under 3 hours apart - sufficient?
- 22 Air Berlin
- 23 EDI to Heathrow
- 24 Istanbul ataturk airport visa required?
- 25 53 minute layover in el salvador!