I don't know if anyone can help. I was booked to travel from Toronto to Sydney, but I forgot that I needed to apply for a travel visa (which I accept is my fault). The problem is air canada flew me to LA despite not having the correct documents to travel onward and I am trying to find out where I stand.. The first leg of my flight was on air canada and the remaining two legs were with united. When I checked in at Toronto I was issued all three boarding passes (so I had completed check in for the full flight) despite the lack of a visa.
I am now stuck in LA until the application is checked through which takes one business day. United said that as I had checked in I should have had all documents checked and that therefore air canada are at fault and they probably didn't check fully as the rest of the flight wasn't with them, but I am wondering if this is the case.
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 UA New (?) Economy Class Fare
- 2 Ideas for stop over from MAUI to BOS
- 3 What should I know about flying Southwest?
- 4 Do you get miles with upgraded Econ. fare
- 5 Wedding + Honeymoon (Toronto / Sao Paulo / Male)
- 6 Documents for E-tickets?
- 7 Qantas A380 vs 744 in economy
- 8 More cheap transatlantic flights coming
- 9 Getting Global entry interview appointment
- 10 IAD connection time of 1 hour 5 minutes for flight to Copenhagen.
- 11 Miami Airport-clearing customs question
- 12 Enough time
- 13 Flight Review – Vancouver to Hong Kong – Air Canada – Business Class
- 14 American Airines - Bad plane going; No plane coming back
- 15 Fare searches with flexible dates.
- 16 BA economy premiun seats
- 17 BA not to fly to serve anymore.
- 18 JFK Time Between Terminals?
- 19 British Airways headphones/earbuds
- 20 Book inter-Europe as part of open-jaw?
- 21 Which site to use (or not) to book airfare
- 22 Voice calls during flights?
- 23 Flying through Istanbul onto Montenego-Safety?
- 24 altitude sickness on a plane?
- 25 Atlanta Immigration & Customs