I don't know if anyone can help. I was booked to travel from Toronto to Sydney, but I forgot that I needed to apply for a travel visa (which I accept is my fault). The problem is air canada flew me to LA despite not having the correct documents to travel onward and I am trying to find out where I stand.. The first leg of my flight was on air canada and the remaining two legs were with united. When I checked in at Toronto I was issued all three boarding passes (so I had completed check in for the full flight) despite the lack of a visa.
I am now stuck in LA until the application is checked through which takes one business day. United said that as I had checked in I should have had all documents checked and that therefore air canada are at fault and they probably didn't check fully as the rest of the flight wasn't with them, but I am wondering if this is the case.
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 http://www.fitwaypoint.com/magic-rock-rx/
- 2 Separate tickets with only carry ons -- do I have to go through customs?
- 3 Check your electronics or fly American
- 4 Priority Pass - Worth It?
- 5 Sea-Tac Virgin Atlantic flight
- 6 Flying through Casablanca
- 7 How to book YYZ-ZRH-NBO-YYZ ?
- 8 what if connecting flight cancels
- 9 enough time for this flight?
- 10 Qantas FF access to Emirates lounge CDG?
- 11 aRound-The-World for less than $/€ 1,200
- 12 EasyJet
- 13 TSA OR Global Entry
- 14 How to figure out the cost of a trip when purchasing insurance.
- 15 "This route is pending regulatory approval."
- 16 Medication Sleep Aid for 30+ Hours Travel
- 17 U.K. Registered Traveler vs Fast Track
- 18 How do you get from terminal 8 to terminal 2 at JFK airport?
- 19 Amsterdam flight change
- 20 AA FF flights
- 21 Consolidators for Biz Class - has any one used one?
- 22 Delta/Virgin Atlantic carryon sizes
- 23 Ways to stay entertained at Toronto Airport
- 24 Compensation after engine fire, 2 day delay
- 25 Europe's LCC routes - lots of changes!