I don't fly a massive amount with work, normally a handful of domestic or European trips a year with the odd flight to the US, but all have been with BA or a oneworld partner, and all in economy. In a couple of weeks however I'll be heading to the US on VS1/2 from LHR to EWR and return, due to a good deal available to our corporate TA, and have a couple of quick questions that I hope members of this forum can answer.
1. Having never flown on the upper deck of a 747 (as this area has always been premium seats in the past), would you recommend trying to obtain one of the economy seats in the small upper deck cabin at online check-in? Whilst it would be novel for me, I don't want it to seem like I'm on a 757 crossing the pond (hence I don't fly with United)!
2. I've got a Gate8 compact cabin bag (www.gate8-luggage.co.uk/wheeled-garment-bag-suit-carrier.html), it fits well within the allowable VS dimensions and looks small and light, but I'm concerned by the 6kg weight limit. How strictly is this applied?
Many thanks for your help in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Intl flight with connection at EWR question
- 2 Some Q's about Rome airport
- 3 Beach Ball headrest?
- 4 Canceled Flight Compensation
- 5 International flight to Domestic Connection in Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson
- 6 Late flight from Miami Intl Airport
- 7 Newark Liberty - how early should I be there?
- 8 Southwest "no-change-fee" - really?
- 9 Duty Free Liquor
- 10 Slightly Damaged Passport
- 11 Bravofly Legal Actions
- 12 EUROPE FLIGHT
- 13 Airport Controlled Seats INTERNATIONAL
- 14 Kenya Airways/Skyteam questions.
- 15 Amex points to Paris/ Italy in 1st
- 16 Aegean Airlines Carry on Allowance
- 17 Does a OneWorld Explorer ticket make sense?
- 18 Anyone used webjet.com?
- 19 Abu Dhabi transit with separate tickets
- 20 Websites Which Show Flights with Flatbed Seats??
- 21 Overseas Flights with Different Airlines
- 22 Wheelchair Assistance
- 23 Ever cancel tickets on American?
- 24 Unaccompanied minor
- 25 Southwest Airlines pricing?