I don't fly a massive amount with work, normally a handful of domestic or European trips a year with the odd flight to the US, but all have been with BA or a oneworld partner, and all in economy. In a couple of weeks however I'll be heading to the US on VS1/2 from LHR to EWR and return, due to a good deal available to our corporate TA, and have a couple of quick questions that I hope members of this forum can answer.
1. Having never flown on the upper deck of a 747 (as this area has always been premium seats in the past), would you recommend trying to obtain one of the economy seats in the small upper deck cabin at online check-in? Whilst it would be novel for me, I don't want it to seem like I'm on a 757 crossing the pond (hence I don't fly with United)!
2. I've got a Gate8 compact cabin bag (www.gate8-luggage.co.uk/wheeled-garment-bag-suit-carrier.html), it fits well within the allowable VS dimensions and looks small and light, but I'm concerned by the 6kg weight limit. How strictly is this applied?
Many thanks for your help in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Flight from Athens to Santorini?
- 2 American Airlines, Iberia, British Airways
- 3 Medication Sleep Aid for 30+ Hours Travel
- 4 Layover
- 5 Transferring in Beijing to Hong Kong
- 6 Getting Global entry interview appointment
- 7 Miami Airport-clearing customs question
- 8 What should I know about flying Southwest?
- 9 Heathrow: Can I make it?
- 10 Atlanta Immigration & Customs
- 11 Renewal of Global Entry
- 12 IAD connection time of 1 hour 5 minutes for flight to Copenhagen.
- 13 More cheap transatlantic flights coming
- 14 Complimentary upgrades on Delta with companion
- 15 Do you get miles with upgraded Econ. fare
- 16 UA New (?) Economy Class Fare
- 17 Ideas for stop over from MAUI to BOS
- 18 Wedding + Honeymoon (Toronto / Sao Paulo / Male)
- 19 Documents for E-tickets?
- 20 Qantas A380 vs 744 in economy
- 21 Enough time
- 22 Flight Review – Vancouver to Hong Kong – Air Canada – Business Class
- 23 American Airines - Bad plane going; No plane coming back
- 24 Fare searches with flexible dates.
- 25 BA economy premiun seats