I don't fly a massive amount with work, normally a handful of domestic or European trips a year with the odd flight to the US, but all have been with BA or a oneworld partner, and all in economy. In a couple of weeks however I'll be heading to the US on VS1/2 from LHR to EWR and return, due to a good deal available to our corporate TA, and have a couple of quick questions that I hope members of this forum can answer.
1. Having never flown on the upper deck of a 747 (as this area has always been premium seats in the past), would you recommend trying to obtain one of the economy seats in the small upper deck cabin at online check-in? Whilst it would be novel for me, I don't want it to seem like I'm on a 757 crossing the pond (hence I don't fly with United)!
2. I've got a Gate8 compact cabin bag (www.gate8-luggage.co.uk/wheeled-garment-bag-suit-carrier.html), it fits well within the allowable VS dimensions and looks small and light, but I'm concerned by the 6kg weight limit. How strictly is this applied?
Many thanks for your help in advance.
A Few Questions from a Virgin Virgin
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 USAir/AA - December flight
- 2 New Orleans to Beijing
- 3 Booked on United with codes share to Europe/No seat reservation allowed
- 4 Coach on United 767-400
- 5 Help me choose a flight - connection times in Paris
- 6 French Riv to Marbella : sky-tours
- 7 When to book?
- 8 NYC to Hawaii...best way to go?
- 9 I have never flown Ryanair
- 10 KLM - I think not!
- 11 Downside to Orbitz?
- 12 US customs pre clearance
- 13 Getting bumped from Premium Economy on Delta/KLM
- 14 Lie flat Business Class seats SYD - HKG
- 15 Beware of Bravofly
- 16 Air Travel - Iceland - London - Ireland (What lag time to take in between?)
- 17 Layover quetsion Dubai and Frankfurt
- 18 Review of Air France Premium Economy
- 19 Asiana. Biz seats
- 20 luggage lockers in Dubai
- 21 Cathay Pacific- Asia miles sign up fee
- 22 How to contact Vueling from US
- 23 Travelers Insurance
- 24 How strict is Aer Lingus carry on policy?
- 25 Cathay Pacific (HKG-BKK and reverse) in biz