I don't fly a massive amount with work, normally a handful of domestic or European trips a year with the odd flight to the US, but all have been with BA or a oneworld partner, and all in economy. In a couple of weeks however I'll be heading to the US on VS1/2 from LHR to EWR and return, due to a good deal available to our corporate TA, and have a couple of quick questions that I hope members of this forum can answer.
1. Having never flown on the upper deck of a 747 (as this area has always been premium seats in the past), would you recommend trying to obtain one of the economy seats in the small upper deck cabin at online check-in? Whilst it would be novel for me, I don't want it to seem like I'm on a 757 crossing the pond (hence I don't fly with United)!
2. I've got a Gate8 compact cabin bag (www.gate8-luggage.co.uk/wheeled-garment-bag-suit-carrier.html), it fits well within the allowable VS dimensions and looks small and light, but I'm concerned by the 6kg weight limit. How strictly is this applied?
Many thanks for your help in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Question about MXP (Milan International airport)
- 2 USAir/AA - December flight
- 3 Norwegian Airlines
- 4 Help Please: From JFK to 5th Avenue?
- 5 Delta Aware Tickets -- best dates/lowest requirements!
- 6 Expired License and TSA
- 7 Immigrations/Customs Travelling from Turkey to Pakistan
- 8 American award travel to Europe
- 9 Booked Lufthansa/United via Expedia - worried about seat reservation
- 10 Turkish Airlines to fly to Miami
- 11 Worried my mother won't be able to fly!
- 12 Going to Canada.
- 13 Carryon allowances for US flights...have they changed?
- 14 ATL, nice cafe outside secure zone
- 15 Have to cancel Delta award tix - best to resched. or back into account?
- 16 Keep Skymiles tix for Euro segments or buy cheap alternative?
- 17 Which terminal at Heathrow will TAP fly into?
- 18 Around the World Fare on OneWorld?
- 19 Connecting Flights in Heathrow
- 20 Review of Air France Premium Economy
- 21 Ticketed Name entered incorrectly. Help……
- 22 Fiesta time flying Avianca,Miami to Bue
- 23 United starts offering free beer and wine Internationally
- 24 Orbitz Booking Error
- 25 What to expect at customs