I don't fly a massive amount with work, normally a handful of domestic or European trips a year with the odd flight to the US, but all have been with BA or a oneworld partner, and all in economy. In a couple of weeks however I'll be heading to the US on VS1/2 from LHR to EWR and return, due to a good deal available to our corporate TA, and have a couple of quick questions that I hope members of this forum can answer.
1. Having never flown on the upper deck of a 747 (as this area has always been premium seats in the past), would you recommend trying to obtain one of the economy seats in the small upper deck cabin at online check-in? Whilst it would be novel for me, I don't want it to seem like I'm on a 757 crossing the pond (hence I don't fly with United)!
2. I've got a Gate8 compact cabin bag (www.gate8-luggage.co.uk/wheeled-garment-bag-suit-carrier.html), it fits well within the allowable VS dimensions and looks small and light, but I'm concerned by the 6kg weight limit. How strictly is this applied?
Many thanks for your help in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Boarding US-bound Flight with Expired Green Card
- 2 Southwest and pax rights
- 3 Good air fare?
- 4 American vs United
- 5 Which airport for connection to/from Europe?
- 6 immigration passport control
- 7 international flight luggage pick-up waiting time
- 8 Canceled Flight Compensation
- 9 Unable to Purchase on Spirit Airline?
- 10 IAH layover time
- 11 Immigration Control When Connecting Through Europe
- 12 CDG Air France flight connection to Madrid
- 13 How Would You Rate Iberia Air Customer Service?
- 14 Praise for Delta One
- 15 The Top 100 Airlines
- 16 Can a person go home at a transit
- 17 Caution while booking a ticket on rcg.se
- 18 Does a OneWorld Explorer ticket make sense?
- 19 Departure Times - Can These Be Confirmed?
- 20 TSA pre check -received in mail within 8 days
- 21 Police Raids in Ryanair Bases in Germany
- 22 Transfer time to flight to US, LHR Term 3
- 23 Serious problem with Expedia.com
- 24 Icelandair Delayed Baggage
- 25 small claims court for travel website (orbitz)