I don't fly a massive amount with work, normally a handful of domestic or European trips a year with the odd flight to the US, but all have been with BA or a oneworld partner, and all in economy. In a couple of weeks however I'll be heading to the US on VS1/2 from LHR to EWR and return, due to a good deal available to our corporate TA, and have a couple of quick questions that I hope members of this forum can answer.
1. Having never flown on the upper deck of a 747 (as this area has always been premium seats in the past), would you recommend trying to obtain one of the economy seats in the small upper deck cabin at online check-in? Whilst it would be novel for me, I don't want it to seem like I'm on a 757 crossing the pond (hence I don't fly with United)!
2. I've got a Gate8 compact cabin bag (www.gate8-luggage.co.uk/wheeled-garment-bag-suit-carrier.html), it fits well within the allowable VS dimensions and looks small and light, but I'm concerned by the 6kg weight limit. How strictly is this applied?
Many thanks for your help in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Domestic/International Connection SFO
- 2 Transfer time to flight to US, LHR Term 3
- 3 Anyone familiar with clearme.com?
- 4 Dreamliner and altitude sickness
- 5 CDG transit time
- 6 Exchanging seats with a basketball player
- 7 Ryanair
- 8 Transit time at JFK from T4 to T1
- 9 A horror story about Justfly
- 10 How does luggage go to the wrong place?
- 11 Security lines at IAD
- 12 restaurants at the Albuquerque sunport
- 13 small claims court for travel website (orbitz)
- 14 Tipping Flight Attendants??? Is this the new norm?
- 15 Soutwest Airlines Terms
- 16 Day of the week for the best price
- 17 Slightly Damaged Passport
- 18 LAX T4 and Bradley Int'l connector
- 19 how long to allocate for TSA in Dallas
- 20 Flight review – American Airlines Los Angeles to Sydney – Business Class
- 21 Expired Canadian PR card
- 22 TAP Miami to Nice
- 23 2 hours layover
- 24 10 hous in Hong Kong airport - what to do?
- 25 Feedback re; long term Parking..Sacramento