I don't fly a massive amount with work, normally a handful of domestic or European trips a year with the odd flight to the US, but all have been with BA or a oneworld partner, and all in economy. In a couple of weeks however I'll be heading to the US on VS1/2 from LHR to EWR and return, due to a good deal available to our corporate TA, and have a couple of quick questions that I hope members of this forum can answer.
1. Having never flown on the upper deck of a 747 (as this area has always been premium seats in the past), would you recommend trying to obtain one of the economy seats in the small upper deck cabin at online check-in? Whilst it would be novel for me, I don't want it to seem like I'm on a 757 crossing the pond (hence I don't fly with United)!
2. I've got a Gate8 compact cabin bag (www.gate8-luggage.co.uk/wheeled-garment-bag-suit-carrier.html), it fits well within the allowable VS dimensions and looks small and light, but I'm concerned by the 6kg weight limit. How strictly is this applied?
Many thanks for your help in advance.
A Few Questions from a Virgin Virgin
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Using award miles, fly free but pay taxes
- 2 Questions asked by CBP
- 3 Asthma and Perfume on a Plane
- 4 Europe to US destination non-stop options
- 5 Air Canada -- Emergency Row Exit
- 6 Cant get seats on united codeshare
- 7 Priority Pass - Worth It?
- 8 Travellers Beware of Online Tricks!
- 9 Air New Zealand and Virgin Australia Baggage Limits
- 10 Sleeping pills for long haul flights
- 11 787-9 Dreamliner
- 12 Turkish airline denying boarding and not fly us to final destination
- 13 What are Level 1 and, especially, Level 2 on AmAirlines Advantage tickets?
- 14 La Compagie
- 15 Biz lounge in Toronto
- 16 Which is better-Quatar or Emirates?
- 17 Passengers in fight over reclined seat
- 18 Flying business class, friend in economy
- 19 Baggage transfer on two separate tickets
- 20 Does O'Hare Terminal 5 have Special TSA Precheck for Security?
- 21 Dubai 96 hour transit visa
- 22 Best seat AA transcon Airbus - first Class
- 23 90 minutes at Brisbane airport - enough time?
- 24 Hotels around JFK Airport
- 25 Best time to redeem AA miles?