I don't fly a massive amount with work, normally a handful of domestic or European trips a year with the odd flight to the US, but all have been with BA or a oneworld partner, and all in economy. In a couple of weeks however I'll be heading to the US on VS1/2 from LHR to EWR and return, due to a good deal available to our corporate TA, and have a couple of quick questions that I hope members of this forum can answer.
1. Having never flown on the upper deck of a 747 (as this area has always been premium seats in the past), would you recommend trying to obtain one of the economy seats in the small upper deck cabin at online check-in? Whilst it would be novel for me, I don't want it to seem like I'm on a 757 crossing the pond (hence I don't fly with United)!
2. I've got a Gate8 compact cabin bag (www.gate8-luggage.co.uk/wheeled-garment-bag-suit-carrier.html), it fits well within the allowable VS dimensions and looks small and light, but I'm concerned by the 6kg weight limit. How strictly is this applied?
Many thanks for your help in advance.
A Few Questions from a Virgin Virgin
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 When to book a companion ticket on BA?
- 2 Flying Air Canada: Frankfurt-Toronto-Houston
- 3 "The airport has no ballast - you have to get off"
- 4 Anyone used webjet.com?
- 5 SAS Airlines from SFO to CDG
- 6 Taxes and carrier-imposed fees - EXORBITANT!
- 7 How to get to JFK from Connecticut without driving
- 8 Booked on United with codes share to Europe/No seat reservation allowed
- 9 upgrading flights
- 10 Carryon allowances for US flights...have they changed?
- 11 Airfare for direct flight from Boston (BOS) to Paris (CDG) in April
- 12 SFO-ORD-BRU: 40 minutes changeover at ORD??
- 13 Any advice for flying on Spirit to Guatemala?
- 14 Hiw Much Time to get Thru Customs & Immigration at IAH
- 15 Kayak monthly search feature gone?
- 16 Manchester vs London flights from the US
- 17 Int. min time for connection @ ORD
- 18 can you suggest items for "care kit" for first time flyer?
- 19 Questions re. connecting in Toronto for a Europe flight
- 20 Sharing an excellent experience
- 21 Tiger Airways--Is it Really that Bad?
- 22 Fly home from Maldives or Mumbai?
- 23 Checked bag allowance for International travel
- 24 Air Canada - Vancouver-Montreal-QuebecCity
- 25 Gimpy Geezer and Wife Fly Air France A380 Premium Economy from DC to Europe