I don't fly a massive amount with work, normally a handful of domestic or European trips a year with the odd flight to the US, but all have been with BA or a oneworld partner, and all in economy. In a couple of weeks however I'll be heading to the US on VS1/2 from LHR to EWR and return, due to a good deal available to our corporate TA, and have a couple of quick questions that I hope members of this forum can answer.
1. Having never flown on the upper deck of a 747 (as this area has always been premium seats in the past), would you recommend trying to obtain one of the economy seats in the small upper deck cabin at online check-in? Whilst it would be novel for me, I don't want it to seem like I'm on a 757 crossing the pond (hence I don't fly with United)!
2. I've got a Gate8 compact cabin bag (www.gate8-luggage.co.uk/wheeled-garment-bag-suit-carrier.html), it fits well within the allowable VS dimensions and looks small and light, but I'm concerned by the 6kg weight limit. How strictly is this applied?
Many thanks for your help in advance.
A Few Questions from a Virgin Virgin
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 MAKING CONNECTION CDG - 3 HOURS
- 2 Delta in Amsterdam
- 3 UNITED Airlines does not recognize Star Alliance Gold Status Benefits
- 4 United Airlines
- 5 Layover Time
- 6 Best Time to Buy II: The Domestic Question
- 7 Beware of Bravofly
- 8 AA FF Miles to Europe and Asia
- 9 Turkish Airlines in the UK
- 10 Recent experience with TSA pre-check
- 11 International flight to domestic connection at Atlanta Airport
- 12 Has anyone had experience with Iflybusiness.com?
- 13 airlines drop fares on tues or wed.
- 14 Baggage and two separate tickets
- 15 When to buy tickets
- 16 Business class discounted brokers. Fly with class.com
- 17 Toronto Airport - Sheraton Gateway Hotel for a long layover?
- 18 TSA hand wipe
- 19 Delta question?
- 20 Layover in London
- 21 AAdvantage DevAAluation
- 22 Transit in Dubai Airport Terminal 3
- 23 British Air or Air France
- 24 Connectiing in CDG good or bad?
- 25 Please help with Delta miles