So, we have a 5.5 hour layover at EWR on the Sunday after Thanksgiving (1:45 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.). We're traveling home with our 5-year old twins and are pretty sure we're going to be at each other's throats if we spend that much time in the airport. Is that enough time to get to Manhattan by cab and see some sights? or at least get out of the airport? Please be frank if you think it's insane to leave the airport on one of the most highly traveled days of the year...very much appreciate your candid advice!!
5.5 Hours at EWR = trip to NYC with 5-year old twins?
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Finding International flights and hotels
- 2 Gimpy Geezer and Wife Fly Air France A380 Premium Economy from DC to Europe
- 3 KLM Comfort Economy?
- 4 US Airways or Lufthansa for teen traveling alone
- 5 Suggestions for non-English-speaking travellers at London Heathrow Airport
- 6 United Changed my flight without asking
- 7 Transfer time in CDG for different tickets
- 8 Passengers in fight over reclined seat
- 9 Best Airline to Fly to Singapore?
- 10 Delta 767-300ER vs. USAir A300-200 Business Class
- 11 Wow airlines discount flights to London from US
- 12 Singapore Stopover Holiday - Which Leg?
- 13 United/Lufthansa - no miles credit for the Lufthansa legs?
- 14 Rome Airport Luggage Storage
- 15 Booking Annoyance
- 16 Considering an Around-the-World ticket
- 17 Virgin Atlantic to LHR in economy - any opinions?
- 18 United Four Across in Biz Class
- 19 Anyone used webjet.com?
- 20 Taxes and carrier-imposed fees - EXORBITANT!
- 21 Using Award Tickets: things can be flexible at the airport...
- 22 Arrival at SFO
- 23 American Airlines awards
- 24 Delta?
- 25 Delayed Luggage