So, we have a 5.5 hour layover at EWR on the Sunday after Thanksgiving (1:45 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.). We're traveling home with our 5-year old twins and are pretty sure we're going to be at each other's throats if we spend that much time in the airport. Is that enough time to get to Manhattan by cab and see some sights? or at least get out of the airport? Please be frank if you think it's insane to leave the airport on one of the most highly traveled days of the year...very much appreciate your candid advice!!
5.5 Hours at EWR = trip to NYC with 5-year old twins?
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Air canada checking correct VISA
- 2 Health and Safety for time left sitting on the tarmac.
- 3 Using a "Fake" Location for Better Flight Prices???
- 4 Do we need a 3 hour layover at DFW if coming from overseas?
- 5 Anyone used webjet.com?
- 6 TAP Portuguese Air
- 7 Which One World Airline to Use: American, Cathay Pacific, JAL?
- 8 90 minute change at heathrow terminal 5
- 9 Unsealed pills ok for airlines?
- 10 Delta has changed my flight three times (so far)!
- 11 redeeming dividend miles
- 12 Keeping AA miles alive
- 13 Taxis at CDG......
- 14 why hasnt price of airfare dropped?
- 15 United/Lufthansa code share--can't reserve seats until departure??????
- 16 KLM stinks
- 17 Driver's License Expired and TSA
- 18 The beggining of the end of Airbus A380?
- 19 Gimpy Geezer and Wife Fly Air France A380 Premium Economy from DC to Europe
- 20 Please help: Singapore to Tahiti to Hawaii to Singapore
- 21 Name on passport differs from air ticket
- 22 Korean Air Executive Resigns Post After Halting Flight Over Snack Service
- 23 To select a seat or not>
- 24 Using half of a RT ticket
- 25 United Flight- Houston/Tokyo