So, we have a 5.5 hour layover at EWR on the Sunday after Thanksgiving (1:45 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.). We're traveling home with our 5-year old twins and are pretty sure we're going to be at each other's throats if we spend that much time in the airport. Is that enough time to get to Manhattan by cab and see some sights? or at least get out of the airport? Please be frank if you think it's insane to leave the airport on one of the most highly traveled days of the year...very much appreciate your candid advice!!
5.5 Hours at EWR = trip to NYC with 5-year old twins?
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Travelers Insurance
- 2 Booked on United with codes share to Europe/No seat reservation allowed
- 3 Manchester vs London flights from the US
- 4 JetBlue Amex card
- 5 Around the World Fare on OneWorld?
- 6 Best premium economy to Europe
- 7 Premium economy--timing of purchase
- 8 Shortened connection time at FCO
- 9 never fly LIAT
- 10 Anyone used webjet.com?
- 11 Layover in the airport
- 12 Ryan air carry on personal items
- 13 Global Entry Program and TSA PreCheck Question
- 14 best time to purchase ticket
- 15 Sleeping on airplanes (in cattle class)
- 16 Anyone know anything about JetnSave?
- 17 Upgrading econ to biz on United
- 18 Check your contract and don't get cancer
- 19 Help: Airfare to Madrid has skyrocketed - why?
- 20 Hiw Much Time to get Thru Customs & Immigration at IAH
- 21 help booking w Ryan air
- 22 Tickets Gdansk-London-Lisbon - anybody need?
- 23 When to book a companion ticket on BA?
- 24 Taxes and carrier-imposed fees - EXORBITANT!
- 25 what happens if flight is delayed or cancelled and you miss the event