So, we have a 5.5 hour layover at EWR on the Sunday after Thanksgiving (1:45 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.). We're traveling home with our 5-year old twins and are pretty sure we're going to be at each other's throats if we spend that much time in the airport. Is that enough time to get to Manhattan by cab and see some sights? or at least get out of the airport? Please be frank if you think it's insane to leave the airport on one of the most highly traveled days of the year...very much appreciate your candid advice!!
5.5 Hours at EWR = trip to NYC with 5-year old twins?
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Flying Air Canada: Frankfurt-Toronto-Houston
- 2 "The airport has no ballast - you have to get off"
- 3 Anyone used webjet.com?
- 4 SAS Airlines from SFO to CDG
- 5 Taxes and carrier-imposed fees - EXORBITANT!
- 6 How to get to JFK from Connecticut without driving
- 7 Booked on United with codes share to Europe/No seat reservation allowed
- 8 upgrading flights
- 9 Carryon allowances for US flights...have they changed?
- 10 Airfare for direct flight from Boston (BOS) to Paris (CDG) in April
- 11 SFO-ORD-BRU: 40 minutes changeover at ORD??
- 12 Any advice for flying on Spirit to Guatemala?
- 13 Hiw Much Time to get Thru Customs & Immigration at IAH
- 14 Kayak monthly search feature gone?
- 15 Manchester vs London flights from the US
- 16 Int. min time for connection @ ORD
- 17 can you suggest items for "care kit" for first time flyer?
- 18 Questions re. connecting in Toronto for a Europe flight
- 19 Sharing an excellent experience
- 20 Tiger Airways--Is it Really that Bad?
- 21 Fly home from Maldives or Mumbai?
- 22 Checked bag allowance for International travel
- 23 Air Canada - Vancouver-Montreal-QuebecCity
- 24 Gimpy Geezer and Wife Fly Air France A380 Premium Economy from DC to Europe
- 25 Jetstar Business Class