So, we have a 5.5 hour layover at EWR on the Sunday after Thanksgiving (1:45 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.). We're traveling home with our 5-year old twins and are pretty sure we're going to be at each other's throats if we spend that much time in the airport. Is that enough time to get to Manhattan by cab and see some sights? or at least get out of the airport? Please be frank if you think it's insane to leave the airport on one of the most highly traveled days of the year...very much appreciate your candid advice!!
5.5 Hours at EWR = trip to NYC with 5-year old twins?
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Cheap Wooden Furniture UK
- 2 The life of lost luggage
- 3 Transit at Istanbul Ataturk
- 4 Austrian Air Budapest Vienna Vienna Dubrovnik
- 5 Getting bumped from Premium Economy on Delta/KLM
- 6 I have never flown Ryanair
- 7 International Connecting Flights
- 8 Open Skies, La Compagnie, and XL Airways
- 9 Which terminal at newark?
- 10 Booked on United with codes share to Europe/No seat reservation allowed
- 11 French Riv to Marbella : sky-tours
- 12 New Orleans to Beijing
- 13 USAir/AA - December flight
- 14 Coach on United 767-400
- 15 Help me choose a flight - connection times in Paris
- 16 When to book?
- 17 NYC to Hawaii...best way to go?
- 18 KLM - I think not!
- 19 Downside to Orbitz?
- 20 US customs pre clearance
- 21 Lie flat Business Class seats SYD - HKG
- 22 Beware of Bravofly
- 23 Air Travel - Iceland - London - Ireland (What lag time to take in between?)
- 24 Layover quetsion Dubai and Frankfurt
- 25 Review of Air France Premium Economy