I tried to book 2 first class tix on United using my FF miles that I have saved forever, to Austalia. I tried to book them today (Jan 15, 2007) for a 3 week trip from Dec 2007 to Jan 2008. I was informed that I can only book a flight 331 days in advance. I thought I was getting ahead of the game and booking ahead! Also, I can book a flight on Dec. 27, 2007 this Friday, January 19 - but I can't book the return flight as it is over 331 days - and if you book the return trip later they charge a "change" fee of $100! I think it is weird that you cannot book a round trip ticket a year ahead. Is this a new rule, and, do you think that it will be difficult to get a FF ticket using miles if I wait until 331 days before the return date I want(Jan 16th)? What if someone wanted to book a honeymoon a year ahead - it isn't possible any more??? I am confused...any advice!?
View all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Using AA miles to Tasmania in spring 2014?
- 2 What is the United Lounge like at LAX?
- 3 Wher do we pass thru passport control
- 4 Ohare Clearing Customs from VIE Sat May 24 @ 1:30pm for 3:10pm flight
- 5 Business Class Dilemma. Newbie. Please Help!
- 6 AA/US merger - details on Oneworld, frequent flyer integration
- 7 For United Frequent Fliers: How will you get to Bangkok now?
- 8 Does FRA offer "golf cart" type transfers for mobility impaired?
- 9 Booking FF Tixs on USAIR
- 10 Subject to Government Approval?
- 11 Gate Check Question
- 12 Trying again to get away. End of the year sometimes
- 13 Alaska when to book complicated trip
- 14 Should I switch from AMEX/Delta to say VISA/United?
- 15 JFK terminal 5 to 7
- 16 Worst US airline?
- 17 Asthma and Perfume on a Plane
- 18 Buying business and coach tickets
- 19 Lufthansa one-way prices
- 20 Global Entry Program and TSA PreCheck Question
- 21 Is $361 per person reasonable SLC-Orlando
- 22 Best time to purchase ticket to Orlando from Salt Lake travel end of May?
- 23 Were you "stupid" to buy AA stocks ~2 years ago?
- 24 Medallion status after AA/USAIR merger
- 25 Beware of Bravofly