I tried to book 2 first class tix on United using my FF miles that I have saved forever, to Austalia. I tried to book them today (Jan 15, 2007) for a 3 week trip from Dec 2007 to Jan 2008. I was informed that I can only book a flight 331 days in advance. I thought I was getting ahead of the game and booking ahead! Also, I can book a flight on Dec. 27, 2007 this Friday, January 19 - but I can't book the return flight as it is over 331 days - and if you book the return trip later they charge a "change" fee of $100! I think it is weird that you cannot book a round trip ticket a year ahead. Is this a new rule, and, do you think that it will be difficult to get a FF ticket using miles if I wait until 331 days before the return date I want(Jan 16th)? What if someone wanted to book a honeymoon a year ahead - it isn't possible any more??? I am confused...any advice!?
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Choices for Air - AF, KLM via Europe OR SAA via JNB to HARARE, Zim
- 2 Mobile Board Passes--
- 3 AA or BA to OSL
- 4 Business Class Summer Sales
- 5 Sleeping pills for long haul flights
- 6 Best Airline for Trip to Istanbul
- 7 What to pack in your "personal item" for an overseas flight
- 8 Visas and flight diversions
- 9 Singapore Airlines vs Emirates
- 10 Half Empty Airliner
- 11 Non Refundable Tickets
- 12 Scarcity of award travel in July on United Airlines
- 13 A Entire Area Blocked Off?
- 14 AA and USair
- 15 Multi-city pricing and strategy
- 16 Ailine security- a strange question
- 17 Paris-London-Dublin
- 18 Orbitz or Cheaptickets or Priceline via Kayak?
- 19 Should I purchase now?
- 20 Flight not always appearing on United website
- 21 Curious...ORD to NAN
- 22 Not showing up for a connecting flight - to tell or not to tell?
- 23 Duty Free Liquor
- 24 United to enforce carry-on size limits
- 25 definition of internationl "secure" area with international airports