I tried to book 2 first class tix on United using my FF miles that I have saved forever, to Austalia. I tried to book them today (Jan 15, 2007) for a 3 week trip from Dec 2007 to Jan 2008. I was informed that I can only book a flight 331 days in advance. I thought I was getting ahead of the game and booking ahead! Also, I can book a flight on Dec. 27, 2007 this Friday, January 19 - but I can't book the return flight as it is over 331 days - and if you book the return trip later they charge a "change" fee of $100! I think it is weird that you cannot book a round trip ticket a year ahead. Is this a new rule, and, do you think that it will be difficult to get a FF ticket using miles if I wait until 331 days before the return date I want(Jan 16th)? What if someone wanted to book a honeymoon a year ahead - it isn't possible any more??? I am confused...any advice!?
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 United Airlines
- 2 UNITED Airlines does not recognize Star Alliance Gold Status Benefits
- 3 Wedding is a very important thing
- 4 Layover Time
- 5 Best Time to Buy II: The Domestic Question
- 6 Delta in Amsterdam
- 7 Beware of Bravofly
- 8 AA FF Miles to Europe and Asia
- 9 Turkish Airlines in the UK
- 10 Recent experience with TSA pre-check
- 11 International flight to domestic connection at Atlanta Airport
- 12 Has anyone had experience with Iflybusiness.com?
- 13 airlines drop fares on tues or wed.
- 14 Baggage and two separate tickets
- 15 When to buy tickets
- 16 Business class discounted brokers. Fly with class.com
- 17 Toronto Airport - Sheraton Gateway Hotel for a long layover?
- 18 TSA hand wipe
- 19 Delta question?
- 20 Layover in London
- 21 AAdvantage DevAAluation
- 22 Transit in Dubai Airport Terminal 3
- 23 British Air or Air France
- 24 Connectiing in CDG good or bad?
- 25 Please help with Delta miles