I am flying Charlotte, NC to Chicago, Chicago to Istanbul
Istanbul to Munich, Munich to Charlotte
Bought tickets on Turkish Airlines on Travelocity.com, but of course a couple of the legs are operated by other airlines. My wife is from Turkey and saw 2 checked bags allowed on Turkish Airlines website and went crazy buying presents for all of her family members. Today it occurred to me we might be subject to baggage restrictions by the other carriers as well. I called Turkish Airlines, United, and Lufthansa (spent most of the day on hold listening to horrible music) and got 3 different stories on how it would work. The most plausible seemed to be the United lady who told me when you check bags for more than one leg the carrier of the FIRST leg determines the baggage allowance. She told me one allowed, then $70 for any additional. She did tell me I'd be able to check a bag for my 1 year old lap child as well at no charge.
On the return flight since Turkish Airlines is flying us to Munich I'm guessing that if that lady was right it won't matter what Lufthansa's policy is for the Munich-Charlotte leg.
Can anyone with experience on this matter tell me who is right?
2 leg flight baggage allowance question
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 The life of lost luggage
- 2 Getting bumped from Premium Economy on Delta/KLM
- 3 I have never flown Ryanair
- 4 Austrian Air Budapest Vienna Vienna Dubrovnik
- 5 International Connecting Flights
- 6 Open Skies, La Compagnie, and XL Airways
- 7 Which terminal at newark?
- 8 Booked on United with codes share to Europe/No seat reservation allowed
- 9 French Riv to Marbella : sky-tours
- 10 New Orleans to Beijing
- 11 USAir/AA - December flight
- 12 Coach on United 767-400
- 13 Help me choose a flight - connection times in Paris
- 14 When to book?
- 15 NYC to Hawaii...best way to go?
- 16 KLM - I think not!
- 17 Downside to Orbitz?
- 18 US customs pre clearance
- 19 Lie flat Business Class seats SYD - HKG
- 20 Beware of Bravofly
- 21 Air Travel - Iceland - London - Ireland (What lag time to take in between?)
- 22 Layover quetsion Dubai and Frankfurt
- 23 Review of Air France Premium Economy
- 24 Asiana. Biz seats
- 25 luggage lockers in Dubai