I am flying Charlotte, NC to Chicago, Chicago to Istanbul
Istanbul to Munich, Munich to Charlotte
Bought tickets on Turkish Airlines on Travelocity.com, but of course a couple of the legs are operated by other airlines. My wife is from Turkey and saw 2 checked bags allowed on Turkish Airlines website and went crazy buying presents for all of her family members. Today it occurred to me we might be subject to baggage restrictions by the other carriers as well. I called Turkish Airlines, United, and Lufthansa (spent most of the day on hold listening to horrible music) and got 3 different stories on how it would work. The most plausible seemed to be the United lady who told me when you check bags for more than one leg the carrier of the FIRST leg determines the baggage allowance. She told me one allowed, then $70 for any additional. She did tell me I'd be able to check a bag for my 1 year old lap child as well at no charge.
On the return flight since Turkish Airlines is flying us to Munich I'm guessing that if that lady was right it won't matter what Lufthansa's policy is for the Munich-Charlotte leg.
Can anyone with experience on this matter tell me who is right?
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Check your electronics or fly American
- 2 How to book YYZ-ZRH-NBO-YYZ ?
- 3 what if connecting flight cancels
- 4 enough time for this flight?
- 5 Qantas FF access to Emirates lounge CDG?
- 6 aRound-The-World for less than $/€ 1,200
- 7 EasyJet
- 8 TSA OR Global Entry
- 9 How to figure out the cost of a trip when purchasing insurance.
- 10 "This route is pending regulatory approval."
- 11 Priority Pass - Worth It?
- 12 Medication Sleep Aid for 30+ Hours Travel
- 13 U.K. Registered Traveler vs Fast Track
- 14 How do you get from terminal 8 to terminal 2 at JFK airport?
- 15 Amsterdam flight change
- 16 AA FF flights
- 17 Consolidators for Biz Class - has any one used one?
- 18 Delta/Virgin Atlantic carryon sizes
- 19 Ways to stay entertained at Toronto Airport
- 20 Compensation after engine fire, 2 day delay
- 21 Europe's LCC routes - lots of changes!
- 22 Delta or El Al to Israel?
- 23 Does a OneWorld Explorer ticket make sense?
- 24 Time Needed to Change Planes on Asiana at Incheon
- 25 Miami International Airport