I am flying Charlotte, NC to Chicago, Chicago to Istanbul
Istanbul to Munich, Munich to Charlotte
Bought tickets on Turkish Airlines on Travelocity.com, but of course a couple of the legs are operated by other airlines. My wife is from Turkey and saw 2 checked bags allowed on Turkish Airlines website and went crazy buying presents for all of her family members. Today it occurred to me we might be subject to baggage restrictions by the other carriers as well. I called Turkish Airlines, United, and Lufthansa (spent most of the day on hold listening to horrible music) and got 3 different stories on how it would work. The most plausible seemed to be the United lady who told me when you check bags for more than one leg the carrier of the FIRST leg determines the baggage allowance. She told me one allowed, then $70 for any additional. She did tell me I'd be able to check a bag for my 1 year old lap child as well at no charge.
On the return flight since Turkish Airlines is flying us to Munich I'm guessing that if that lady was right it won't matter what Lufthansa's policy is for the Munich-Charlotte leg.
Can anyone with experience on this matter tell me who is right?
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Medication Sleep Aid for 30+ Hours Travel
- 2 How to figure out the cost of a trip when purchasing insurance.
- 3 Airtreks and Bootsnall
- 4 Consolidators for Biz Class - has any one used one?
- 5 Miami International Airport
- 6 T4 (AA) remodel at LAX
- 7 What should I know about flying Southwest?
- 8 Complimentary upgrades on Delta with companion
- 9 Question on checkin for international
- 10 travelling with ensure
- 11 BA not to fly to serve anymore.
- 12 Connection time
- 13 Flight from Athens to Santorini?
- 14 Connecting in Toronto for return to US
- 15 Award travel and fees
- 16 Arlanda connecting flight Intl to oslo Customs??
- 17 PHL layover
- 18 Is there a best day to book an international flight? a best day to fly?
- 19 searching for flights on Kayak
- 20 PHL-CDG airline change with checked bags (less than 2 hrs) HELP!!!
- 21 U.K. Registered Traveler vs Fast Track
- 22 Booking with airline vs. Orbitz or Priceline
- 23 Which site to use (or not) to book airfare
- 24 Purchasing third coach seat for two passengers on international flight
- 25 Renewal of Global Entry