I am flying Charlotte, NC to Chicago, Chicago to Istanbul
Istanbul to Munich, Munich to Charlotte
Bought tickets on Turkish Airlines on Travelocity.com, but of course a couple of the legs are operated by other airlines. My wife is from Turkey and saw 2 checked bags allowed on Turkish Airlines website and went crazy buying presents for all of her family members. Today it occurred to me we might be subject to baggage restrictions by the other carriers as well. I called Turkish Airlines, United, and Lufthansa (spent most of the day on hold listening to horrible music) and got 3 different stories on how it would work. The most plausible seemed to be the United lady who told me when you check bags for more than one leg the carrier of the FIRST leg determines the baggage allowance. She told me one allowed, then $70 for any additional. She did tell me I'd be able to check a bag for my 1 year old lap child as well at no charge.
On the return flight since Turkish Airlines is flying us to Munich I'm guessing that if that lady was right it won't matter what Lufthansa's policy is for the Munich-Charlotte leg.
Can anyone with experience on this matter tell me who is right?
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Google Flights ?
- 2 UA New (?) Economy Class Fare
- 3 Jat Airlines? (AKA Serbia Airlines?)
- 4 Lufthansa or Condor Air
- 5 Connection Time at Heathrow.
- 6 Norwegian Air - What's the catch?
- 7 LAX Domestic to Int'l Connx
- 8 Traveling to Spain in March
- 9 Flying through Istanbul onto Montenego-Safety?
- 10 Premium Economy Virgin Atlantic
- 11 Help with Seats on KLM Flight
- 12 FLL Navigating Fort Lauderdale airport
- 13 Logging into my Aadvantage account
- 14 Does a OneWorld Explorer ticket make sense?
- 15 Flying "Backwards"
- 16 Europe (Lisbon) to Miami: Iberia or Lufthansa in terms of cabin comfort?
- 17 Asking for a sandwich in lieu of a hot meal
- 18 Reclining Seats in BA Premium Econ?
- 19 Delta and Virgin
- 20 Cancellation of Thai Airway return trip ticket
- 21 Newark connection
- 22 connection in jfk for only 90 minutes
- 23 Which airline for Paris/Nice?
- 24 Ticket spelling error with Orbitz
- 25 Cooperating with Airport Security