I am flying Charlotte, NC to Chicago, Chicago to Istanbul
Istanbul to Munich, Munich to Charlotte
Bought tickets on Turkish Airlines on Travelocity.com, but of course a couple of the legs are operated by other airlines. My wife is from Turkey and saw 2 checked bags allowed on Turkish Airlines website and went crazy buying presents for all of her family members. Today it occurred to me we might be subject to baggage restrictions by the other carriers as well. I called Turkish Airlines, United, and Lufthansa (spent most of the day on hold listening to horrible music) and got 3 different stories on how it would work. The most plausible seemed to be the United lady who told me when you check bags for more than one leg the carrier of the FIRST leg determines the baggage allowance. She told me one allowed, then $70 for any additional. She did tell me I'd be able to check a bag for my 1 year old lap child as well at no charge.
On the return flight since Turkish Airlines is flying us to Munich I'm guessing that if that lady was right it won't matter what Lufthansa's policy is for the Munich-Charlotte leg.
Can anyone with experience on this matter tell me who is right?
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 토토 사이트 ≪접속주소:【kakao: BL45텔레그램 : kor7m】
- 2 1st RTW- cheapest place to start?
- 3 Shopping duty Free On Board versus On Ground
- 4 Is 8 months too early to buy and international plane ticket?
- 5 United and ANA
- 6 How much time do I need to switch planes in CDG
- 7 Travel with iPad on International Flight
- 8 Newark Terminal Transfer
- 9 Best time to buy tix on Southwest
- 10 Redeeming Miles with a Capital One Card
- 11 Free Stopovers in Europe, flying from NYC?
- 12 Best/worst airlines for traveling with pets?
- 13 Porter or Air Canada?
- 14 Going through security with herbs?
- 15 Help me get award tickets using variety of points
- 16 Foot Rests? China Airlines Premium Economy Experiences ??
- 17 Chocolates in carry on allowed?
- 18 Is it safe to put a laptop in a carry on suitcase?
- 19 Booking with airline vs. Orbitz or Priceline
- 20 What can be done if one date is wrong?
- 21 West Coast USA>France routes
- 22 Excellent Experience on Singapore Airlines Long Haul cattle class
- 23 Domestic to Int'l at JFK
- 24 Help!
- 25 Scandanivian Airlines