Well I'm going to Naples for 1 month this summer for school, and this is a lot of first for me... I've never been out of the USA, only remember being on a plane once, and have never been more than a few hours away from my family for a few days at the most. I'm traveling alone (19 f) and while my family helped me book my flights, they haven't traveled internationally before either. I only speak English.
I have a Delta flight from MSP to GDG with a 1hr 10min layover before my Air France flight to NAP. I'll have 1 checked bag. I was doing a little googling and have seen a lot of horror stories and now I'm totally scared.
Will it be possible for me to make my flight? What should I expect? Will I have to go get my checked bag? What if I miss my flight? Basically, help!
Also, any tips for a young female traveling alone would be much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Aiports in Paris
- 2 International flights to Uganda
- 3 "Bait and Switch" and KLM
- 4 Laguardia hassle?
- 5 Last minute required change cost us $4,000
- 6 U.S Passport Photos-- Okay to Smile?
- 7 Consolidators for Biz Class Seats
- 8 Questions about reclaiming FF miles
- 9 Transfer between Terminal 4 and Terminal 5 at LHR
- 10 Same ticket, Rome to JFK via Alitalia then Delta, baggage?
- 11 Website to indicate number of seats sold?
- 12 Parking at JFK
- 13 Help with Delta terminal in Atlanta
- 14 Sky Airlines - buying tickets from USA over internet!
- 15 Justfly.com
- 16 Can I clear customs and make my connections at YYZ and BOS?
- 17 Flying Tokyo-YYZ in economy- direct or break it up in YVR?
- 18 Flying from Tokyo (NRT or HND) to San Francisco (SFO or SJC). Options?
- 19 Is Bravofly A Scam?
- 20 Getting wedding clothes from here to there
- 21 Transit Visa in Heathrow Terminal 5
- 22 Frankfurt connections Lufthansa to United
- 23 Frustrated w/ 1 qt bag limit
- 24 SEA to Gran Canaria on Separate Tickets
- 25 PHL-CDG airline change with checked bags (less than 2 hrs) HELP!!!